Yes, a long time ago.

sorabji.com: Have you ever gone hungry?: Yes, a long time ago.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Jeffrey Scott Holland on Thursday, December 25, 1997 - 09:02 pm:
    Me and my girlfriend at the time were literally homeless in Gainesville, GA. We slept in this high school kid's car at night, he parked it behind some trees in their back yard so his parents wouldn't notice. He snuck us food out at night. He and his family went on vacation for two weeks and we very nearly starved to death. I tried to panhandle money on the streets but to no avail. I stole a plastic jug of chocolate milk and gulped it down in less than a minute, which resulted in some near-psychedelic visions. In the end we got jobs at Hardee's and stayed at the Elite Motel, a wino hangout.

The ironic thing is that the year before, I was making loads of money as a graphic artist and hanging out with a jet-set artsy crowd. But I partied with them until I was broke and couldn't keep up with them. I had to give paintings to the landlady in lieu of rent, assuring her they'd be worth something someday. I'd love to get them back but she's probably thrown them away by now and I don't even remember her name.

By Nate on Friday, September 15, 2000 - 11:50 pm:

dddddddd

dlldlldll

By dave. on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 12:28 am:

seizure?

By dave. on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 12:30 am:

wait.
    rewind.
    start recording.

seizure?

By dave. on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 12:31 am:

holy fuck. laeve me alone.

By blindswine on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 02:31 am:

sieze the day.

i've always hated that expression.

carpe diem bites me in the ass. eat up the moments like some tasty fastfood snack sucked down with little rhyme and less reason and then the next thing you know three decades are barking up your fucking tree like vicious dogs demanding some kind of meaning from a bunch of squandered years racked up on the stick you were trying to beat the rabid motherfucking bitches off with in the first place...

goddamn stick is too fucking short.

either that or the sharp end got blunt while you weren't paying attention. (if you can't pay attention you can't afford freedom of speeeeeeeeech)

drop the stick, kill the dogs with third-eye kung fu, then sit under your tree so you can take some kind of sadomasochistic personal inventory.

keep counting.

then when you're through, find that the shit in your psycho-emo-moral stock falls short of the recorded bullshit you wrote up in your ego-books.

do your grasshoppas outweigh your buttaflies?

big dumb thirty.

i've got worldwide debauchery, foul relationships, dollar bills, good breeding, bad habits, and a hole the size of a golfball in the middle of my brain.

think globally, act like an asshole.

siege mentality.

i'll fake 'em out like job.

the rest of you motherfuckers at the poker table can decide whether you're yahweh or lucifer.

doesn't much matter to me.

big ugly jean genet balcony facade.

and i'll win anyway.

standing firm and fighting dirty.

whatchagonnado?
    drink my patron silver and wonder if catholics really do die happy? confession, absolution, redemption, salvation.... shit.
    me? i say fuck all that.
    i've got my own god-property.

my stock is going up.

eat glass, children.

if it hasn't already, your time will soon come.

By blindswine on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 02:48 am:

Return-Path:
    <walan@home.com>
    Received:
    from femail3.sdc1.sfba.home.com ([24.0.95.83]) by
    tyner.mail.mindspring.net (Mindspring Mail Service) with ESMTP idss5q5a.6ik.37kbi5q for <blindswine@mindspring.com>;
    Fri, 15 Sep 2000
    23:27:38 -0400 (EDT)
    Received:
    from home.com ([24.6.156.105]) by femail3.sdc1.sfba.home.com
    (InterMail vM.4.01.03.00 201-229-121) with ESMTP id
    20000916032656.QZQT2358.femail3.sdc1.sfba.home.com@home.com>
    for
    <blindswine@mindspring.com>;
    Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:26:56 -0700
    Message-ID:
    <39C2E8A8.10A2370A@home.com>
    Date:
    Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:27:37 -0700
    "W. Alan" <walan@home.com>
    Organization:
    www.zancro.com
    X-Mailer:
    Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
    X-Accept-Language:
    en
    MIME-Version:
    To: <blindswine@mindspring.com>
    Subject:Is that a carrot in your pants, or are you happy to see me?
    X-Priority:
    1 (Highest)
    References:
    <39ACC843.F2D27BB2@home.com>
    Content-Type:
    text/plain; charset=us-ascii
    Content-Transfer-Encoding:
    7bit
    X-Mozilla-Status:
    c001
    X-Mozilla-Status2:
    X-UIDL:
    ss5q5a.6ik.37kbi5q

A recent comment about time is hitting me in the nuts.
    Ouch.
    Quit that.

I do not require testicular pain at this time. I have entered your information in our database and should a match between your skills and our needs occur I will contact you immediately.

Geeze... is it obvious I have been doing the resume slew? Yes... I think it might just be. Any way... back to that feeling of having one's nuts mashed flat with a wooden mallet... oh the horror... I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor... the horror.

Within the last few precious weeks I have been consumed with that horrendous neurosis of feeling the expedient drizzling away of our most coveted resource... TIME! Time is a muther fucker... and it rarely if ever even leaves a fitty on the night stand. I am, strangely enough quite in tune with your comment about time indeed. You would not think so though huh? I mean... from the million hours of a 'working for the man' perspective... what the fuck could Alan be so busy with? "...Whatsa matta you...? Can't sleep till noon any more...? Can't have naked people at your house in the middle of the day...?"

I remember it well... Eat, work, shit, sleep. Eat, work, shit, sleep. Repeat. There are so very few brain waves left over to do anything constructive with. Yes... I remember it like the scar tissue on my recovering heart. It seems like such a good idea to work so hard... then one day... you realize... what the fuck have I done that I enjoyed in the last year? This of course does not apply to you... cause you are working in your chosen field. Farmeretta... out there bustin a crop. I know my time is getting short. I know I am not Martin Short. These things I know. "...There never seems to be enough time ta do the things, ya wanna do... once you find them..." (Jim Croce) I know that my allegedly free time away from work is swirling down the drain... in the near dreaded future... I will throw away my free man days for a newfound wage slave master. No longer will I have the luxury of allowing thoughts to come to me... I'll have to pursue them with a hungry hunters vengeance. I will be expected not only by my "girlfriend at the time" to account for my time. There will be quotas and deadlines and those fucking boring ass meetings moderated by the leader of the incompetents. There will be little dancing innuendoes... There will be drinking to excess to smear a smile onto an otherwise dissatisfied face...There will be surprise attacks from the enemy at night... There will be a beautiful daily shower of the most finely grated load of feces... There will be expectations carefully balanced upon my load baring shoulders... all the while knowing... I have my own drothers. As time dissipates into a blur of action items and deliverables, that genius idea for a successful book project becomes a hazy shade of 'what was I just saying...?' Pretty soon... I am actually astral projecting myself out the window during yet another stroke inducing meeting of the powers that be. I find a reason to visit the vending machine a dozen times a day as my only momentary escape from day long beatings that leave me somehow missing it enough at night that I have to dream about it. In those dreams I am clicking on icons on a monitor screen that is my life... but none of the icons will respond. I click and double click myself into a frenzy until I collapse in the corner... a shell of the human I once could have been. I am trapped. I am a rat on a sinking treadmill slave ship. I have begun to slide down the slippery slopes of quality hell. I find out every single thing I have accomplished for 'the man' was for naught... I don't' fucking care about anything... but I am supposed to act like I do to collect that carrot. And the carrot keeps getting bigger... and the carrot might start tasting better pretty soon and the carrot will bring with it many other carrots and pretty soon... I don't want another fucking carrot ever! And then one groggy Monday morning I'll open an Email and find out that the dumbest fucking person I know has become my new supervisor. Pretty soon... all those mutherfuckers that go apefuckingshit at work and kill everyone... start to seem like urban heroes. Pretty soon... the idea of helping natural selection weed out a few of the less desirable genes in the pool, seems like a viable plan... but of course... I would never take the chance of nicking a few of the innocents... and innocents are being slaughtered daily... but I will not be the executioner... no sir... I just won't do it...

Hey... was that a carrot in the hallway?

By J on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 04:00 am:

No hon,it was a hotdog.Swine you just reminded me that 1:I'm getting old and somebody changed the script.2:Life is a shit sandwich,and everyday we take a bigger bite.3:I need to make another drink.

By Nate on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

synk.

i was in the middle of posting something along that vein last night when i selected the whole text and replaced it with the letter "p" by accident.

all that was left... dddddd.

goddamn mental human. our eyes were made for looking at distant places. and here i am, nearsighted.

the longer you dream, the longer it will take you to realize that your dreams are not what you really want. so long, in fact, that your dreams will realize themselves and it will be too late. too late, and your dreams realized are replaced by new dreams of lives you've already lived.

we're not meant to be happy. if we were happy we'd stop living.

By patrick on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 12:43 pm:

you two need to wipe your eyes and go outside... get some air.....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact