Celibate and single. What do you do when you get that tingle?

sorabji.com: When is the last time you had sex?: Celibate and single. What do you do when you get that tingle?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Wavydave on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 08:30 pm:

July 1990.

I've been really close several times since then, but it just didn't work out.

By FETIDBEAVER on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 11:45 pm:

July 1990? HOLY SHIT!!!! I say we take up a collection and buy you some ass.

By Antigone on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 12:35 am:

Wow. That tops me. (Last celibate stretch for me was from early '94 to late '98) Man, I hope you've gotten other affectionate contact in that time. Take it from me, though, that you shouldn't jump into the sack with the first woman who's willing. That's what I did, and it was a biiiiig mistake...

By Swine on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 01:54 am:

nine years is a long time.

sweet jesus mother of god,

nine years is a long time.

By Wavydave on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 01:58 am:

Nah - I'm not jumping in the sack with some woman just because it's been entirely too freaking long since I got some. Like I said, I had some very pleasurable close calls.

The last time I actually had sex was with my H.S. girlfriend at the time. It was a really rotten, twisted relationship by that time, and she got pregnant. There was a lot of stress and nail biting for about a month, then she had a miscarriage.

So what I'm saying is... I'm either afraid to go through that again, or that I'm waiting for someone really special. It's a mix between the two. Much as I'd like to get all hot and bothered again, I can wait until it's the right person.

By Swine on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 02:06 am:

damn.
    you were robbed.

By Wavydave on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 02:16 am:

Your first message made me laugh out loud Swine.

I'm not really bitter about being celibate this long. I've had some fun. I'd like to have some more. The town I'm in is not really conductive to the singles scene - so I'm either frustrated a lot, or I take care of the matter myself.

If it makes you feel any better, the last time I got close was in January. Though the nasty deed wasn't performed, it was a LOT of fun.

Though that's still 6 months ago... oh well..

Celibate and single....

By Pink Eye on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 02:18 am:

I thought I got a HS girlfriend of mine pregnant, waaaaaay back when. I was relieved it was NOT me...'twas her stepdad. Quite the lady's man he was. Took his life with a gun a few years later--the scoop was out about his 'fatherly' ways.

By Wavydave on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 02:25 am:

Nah - that time was mine. I didn't tell exactly how much I was enjoying it and let things go. When she found out, she was quite upset because it was in that 2-week "sweet spot" where a girl has a VERY good chance of getting pregnant. She was a complete basket case from that point until she miscarried.

Later on, we managed to get past things and actually be friends.

Several years after that, I ran into her in an entirely random encounter at a Subway sandwich shop in Albuquerque, NM. She was living there and I was on my way to Durango, CO for a ski trip. That encounter totally shook up my existance for the day.

By Swine on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 03:30 am:

well, since i can't sleep for shit and we're all getting personal here in that late-night post 12th beer half-dead-drunk kinda way, i'll have to say that for all the hooking up i've been doing in the past two years, the sex has been hardly worth the bullshit and swagger. (and bullshit and swagger is what i generally fall back on after i'm too wasted to do much else).
    actually, the best sex i've had in the past 24 months was pretty fucking sleazy.
    the best "sexual experience" was hanging out in bed with this woman who was strangely attractive and who i just vibed with. we didn't even have sex. just hung out, felt eachother up, and talked under the covers for a couple hours. and that was a hell of a lot more fulfilling than spewing a glob of jism on some nameless chick in a doorway on fulton street at 3AM on some godless saturday morning.

it's all in the juju, dave.

it's all in the juju.

By Swine on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 03:35 am:

jesus. molesting your daughter then eating a gun? shit. now i think i need another beer...

christ...

i'm never leaving ddd

get me out of this thread.

that shit aint gonna help me sleep...

By Pink on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 04:19 am:

g'night swine...

By Waffles on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 11:46 am:

oivey, thats a long time wavy dave, after five years with someone, I freak after a week, but I am dependent that way....suck ass

By MoonUnit on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 12:42 am:

I know what you mean Waffles. If its longer than a week I get grumpy and then grumpier ; O Have no idea why. The man just does it for me I guess... and in the beginning the sex was what each other was for...

I didnt get any for my birthday either *sigh* but I guess I can excuse him cause hes got this really bad bug thats going round at the mo... and stopping so he could cough and blow his nose... nah. I'll try be paitent.

By Waffleboy on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 01:28 am:

she travels alot this month, Hong Kong saturday, come back for a few, NYC, San Fran and then at the end of the month we get to go to Vegas...I gotz the shakes already,,,

By TBone on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 02:38 am:

I've got until Sunday. I've been without for a couple months. I'm half packed, and ready for the six-hour drive. Then I'm set until christmas.

By Semillama on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 06:30 pm:

Goddamn, glad I am not the only celibate single around here. 4 1/2 years for me, and that was my last girlfriend as well. I have actually stopped even dreaming about sex. I had a dream last night that the drummer from my last band (let me stress HER gender, wiseacres)had fallen in love with me and was hugging and kissing me, except that her mom was a rabid christian fundamentalist and wouldn't let us date( she's not, in real life her mom's a fox). Even though I have only remotely considered what it would be like to date this girl, I still woke up feeling like complete and utter shit because it was just a dream and in real life I have a whelk's chance in a supernova of dating anyone right now.

So, I feel that going without this long has given me a real good perspective on what's really important, and it's having a good, loving relationship, not mindblowing sex. (Which of course, should come w/ the relationship)

So i figured that was what the dream was, an imaging of my biggest need in life. Why the drummer? I figure it's because she possesses all the traits I find attractive in women: intelligent, compassionate, fair-minded, calm, funny, athletic, great taste in music, fun-loving (oh, and very lovely to look at). It's weird, ususally the women in other dreams I have like this are complete strangers, I have no idea of who they are.

But damn, I guess that's a little off the subject...

By FETIBEAVER on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 06:34 pm:

4 1/2 years, What ever happened to casual sex? Nothing casual about 4 1/2 years.

By Waffleboy on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 08:14 pm:

(fellas)-you know the feeling you get in your testicals when you are driving home drunk......and all of a sudden you see a cop pull up behind you? (Sem I know YOU KNOW what I am talking about)

You know the sense you get that your balls have inched their way up past your jugular in a matter of seconds........I have to say just reading about going 4 1/2 years with out da booty gives me that feeling...............I am glad you are ok with it, because I don't think I would be as passive about it, or maybe I would, I can't say for sure........

By Semillama on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 09:38 pm:

heh heh heh, good one, waffles.

sometimes I wish i had the overriding sex urge that some of my friends have so I could get laid, but then I come to my senses and realize that it's pretty much incompatible with how I view women.

Unfortunately, that seems to be exactly exactly how women view me: pretty much incompatible. I guess there may be a reason that all the girls I've dated have turned out to have some form of emotional problem.

well, to hell with them. They don't know what they're missing.

Neither do I, anymore.

By Tuttle on Tuesday, August 10, 1999 - 12:30 am:

thereIsOnlyOneLetterThatComesBetweenCelibateAndCelibrate.WhaDoesItMean? I'mScared, and I'mHungry.
    theSolarEclipseIsScheduledForHighNoonOnAugustEleventh, or at 6:03am. Both Central time. Which one to believe? HeeeeelllpMeMr.Wizarrrd.

By Waffleboy on Tuesday, August 10, 1999 - 01:07 am:

Persephone is THAT you?

By Lucy on Tuesday, August 10, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

2 letters actually.
    It's c-e-l-*e*-b-r-a-t-e

By Mrs. Scullin on Tuesday, August 10, 1999 - 02:41 pm:

right on, I'm all for correct spelling And agreement.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact