Women... is it true what they say about your thirties?

sorabji.com: When is the last time you had sex?: Women... is it true what they say about your thirties?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Curiouswaffles on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 06:44 pm:

thought I would lug this out there? Is it true? You know about the sex drive in all. Cause she's on the upside of thirty and I am on the downside of 20.............not that lack of libido is an issue, in fact quite the opposite......just wondering if it's a founded statement.

By Lawanda on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 07:29 pm:

Y'know, Waffles, for a guy that is getting regular sex, you sure like to talk about it a lot.

I never dated younger men, ended up marrying a gent that is a hair younger than me. It's attitude, not age. Everyone's appetites are so different, it's just a matter of the right match.

I've heard that a female's peak is in the 30s and 40's, men's at 20's. Wouldn't really know, but the studies/opinions are out there. Masters and Johnson, Shere Hite (is that the right spelling?), you could even ask Dr. Ruth!

By Margret on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 11:10 pm:

Hmmm.
    I want it all the time now.
    I think about it all the time.
    I'd always dis-associated it from romance intellectually before, now I do at the cooch level.
    However, me still being me and uptight as all get out, I don't get it all the time.
    Thinking about it's enough for me.
    As long as I, y'know, have hope for the future.
    And I do.

By Gee on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 12:29 am:

I must be clueless, cuz I didn't understand the question. Repeat, please?

Lawanda - personally, I've always noticed that people who talk about it All The Time, aren't getting it quite as much as they'd have you believe.

By MooNIT on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 05:11 am:

*lol @ Gee*

That statement takes me right back to highschool.

By Waffles on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 11:37 am:

um, Gee, let me be the first to implicate that your theory may prove true in the school yard, however it is not applicable in this situation. The whole reason I asked to begin with is because my wife seems to have "fire inthe belly" so to speak lately. So infact it's quite the opposite. I was looking for more insight than the textbook answers from Dr. Ruth or any other "sex" advisor.

Thanks margaret for your insight.

By Lawanda on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 01:31 pm:

OK, personal experience dictates that the "I want it now" factor ebbs and flows with time. Has to do with my attitude, current personal events. Uh, there isn't much ebb around here. Maybe fluctuations in intensity and time spent, but that's it.

Maybe she's just at high tide right now, have fun.

By Gee on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 12:08 am:

Sure, Waffle. (patpat) Whatever you say.

By Waffles on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 10:42 am:

don't touch me

By J on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 11:25 am:

The older I get,the more I like it,but my kids are older and I,m not so tired.Heather and Ryan are 15 months apart,I,ve had mothers of twins brag to me that they had it easier than me,cause their kids ate and slept at the same time.Ryan pulled my shorts down at the check-out line at the grocery store,I had to be one of those assholes that went down the middle of the aisles because they pulled all the shit off the shelves,it,s a wonder we didn,t get 86,d.

By Lucy Phurre on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 12:44 pm:

Okay, the reason a man's sexual peak as measured is so much earlier than a woman's is because they are measured differently.
    A woman's sexual peak is measured by how comfortable she is with her body.
    A man's sexual peak (at 18) is measured by how many times he can ejaculate in a given period of time. (more or less, how fast he's back up & ready to go again)
    His technical peak comes much later.
    So it's not all over for you yet, guys.

By Waffles on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 12:48 pm:

.......whheeeewwwww!

By Gee on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 04:00 pm:

don't (smack) touch (smack) you (smack) ?

Okay!

(smack)

By Waffles on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

how many times do i have to tell you to leave me alone.................??????

By Bettey on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 11:21 pm:

YES! The answer is yes! Sex is soooooo much more incredible the older I get. I agree with Lucy about the comfort thing because that is definitely a factor, but who cares WHY? I do find that I prefer younger men now. I used to go with a guy 10 years older than me (I was 27, he 37). Once that ended, I started seeing younger guys (the most recent 5 years younger; I am now 31) and it's a fabulous combination. YeeHah!

By Gee on Thursday, August 19, 1999 - 01:44 am:

You don't Have to tell me anymore at all. You Can tell me if you want too. Of course, I probably won't listen...

By Gee on Thursday, August 19, 1999 - 02:17 am:

Nevermind. I'm leaving you alone. You're welcome.

By JboxR on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 12:58 am:

I met a girl who just got divorced 3 months ago. We met on an online site, chatted for a few days, met and I got laid that night! Yee-haw!

She rode me like a true cowboy! She sure seemed to be enjoying herself - I certainly was!

BUT.... afterwards she's all - "Let's move in together!" WHOAH!!! I told her it was too soon for that, so we separated and met the next night again for another romp in my van.

The next day (yesterday) she asked me if I was looking for a girlfriend and I told her no. She then asked if I was looking for a "sex friend" and I said yes. She said she wanted a boyfriend, but would be happy to be "sex friends" until she got a boyfriend.

Yeah, I think women at this age just might have a thing for sex...

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

I must be looking at all the wrong places.

LS

By eri on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 07:25 pm:

If it is true, I can't wait to be 30!

By heather on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:59 pm:

it doesn't count if you get married

[jk]

By patrick on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:17 pm:

heather is right.

{not j/k}

my wife turned 30 this past Feb.

By JboxR on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:16 am:

An update on that "sex friend"... 5 times and she really goes! My favorite line from here was, "I don't have much time so next time I'll wear a skirt to make it easier and quicker!"

(laugh)

By heather on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:54 pm:

wow, you're so cool, can i have sex with you?

i'll be sure to wear a skirt cause quicker is better

By JboxR on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 05:43 am:

Sorry Heather, I don't do girls who beg. It's common from girls who are repeatedly rejected - usually because of some type of viral infection.

By heather on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 02:30 pm:

darn

i so wanted to be done

because you are so cool

and quick

and because i am a praying mantis

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 04:38 pm:

haha, my wife calls me "non praying mantis" because of my views on God etc. she also bought me a beanie baby ant-eater because i always tell her that she is a worker ant.

By eri on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 08:58 pm:

"They eat the father!!!! They eat the father!!!!"

Gotta love praying mantis!

By patrick on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:49 am:

silly women

By J on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 01:29 am:

My vagina hurts.

By JboxR on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 09:07 am:

It hurts me too!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact