please explain to me

sorabji.com: When is the last time you had sex?: please explain to me
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 05:02 pm:

why is it so fucking hard to like meet a nice, somewhat normal guy, get to know each other, fall in love, decide you have enough in common to get married, settle down (or travel the world together... whichever), and have a family.

there are always "issues". there are long, complicated checklists. tip-toeing. delicate timing. whatever. it's just so utterly ridiculous.

i see women my age all over the place with rings on their fingers. cool, funky, modern women who haven't had any trouble at all in this department. what is the deal?

oh hell. it's 4:00 and the sun is out. i'm leaving work and going to my garden.

By wisper on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 06:08 pm:

tell us of these issues and checklists.

maybe the other women aren't happy?

By kazoo on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 06:42 pm:

I know about the issues and checklists, and bad timing and rebounds...blah.

Many of the coolest people know have the hardest time dating. As with everything that perplexes me, I tried to read everything I could to help me make sense of it all...from the mainstream to the so-called alternative. I never figured it out. I still haven't.

It happened when everyone said it would, exactly the way they said. You know the drill.

By eri on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 08:01 pm:

I haven't heard of these issues and checklists.

I had a hard time dating. It was a nightmare, and so were relationships. I lost patience after I had Hayley and never kept them around long. You either were husband/father material, or you were a waste of my time.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:55 pm:

Sarah, it happened to me of all people.

there is hope.

By Cat on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 04:04 am:

"You either were husband/father material, or you were a waste of my time."

Anyone who is husband or father material need not apply to me.

Dating is a blood sport, Ms Sarah.

I have no advice in the area since I feel vomitory at the sight of blood.

By Czarina on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 09:15 am:

Sarah,how do you feel about men in uniform?

By Bigkev on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:44 am:

Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places...

I really have no advice to give sorry.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:52 am:

yeah. ive never really dated.

sorry.

By Platypus on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:56 am:

Cat!

Sarah, it's a rough and brutal world out there, and boys are very silly. Either that or neat and wonderful people have some sort of I am silly complex. Bleh. I'm going to go try to fish my soul out of the trash compacter again.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

it is not rough and brutal.

it's just utterly ridiculous. there seems to be this large contigency of people who are wishywashy, flaky, or just plain AFRAID. it's all about fear, there's so much fucking fear getting in the way.

why can't everyone just fucking relax, enjoy each other, and not make everything so preposterously complicated? it just doesn't have to be that complex.

and dating doesn't have to be so awkward. why do people insist on trying too hard? it just makes everyone involved hypersensitive. there's all this PERFORMING. jeeezis.

i'm sorry. i'm just annoyed.

By Cat on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:08 pm:

It is rough and brutal.

I've never dating again.

I'm just fucking and talking to men from now on in. And maybe we'll go places to fuck and talk sometimes. But no dating.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact