august 16th, 2003

sorabji.com: When is the last time you had sex?: august 16th, 2003
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Holmes on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 06:11 am:

perhaps not long for you, but long for me.

i haven't talked to anyone today. well, that's not entirely true. i talked to a neighbor of mine briefly. he asked me if i knew anyone who wanted to buy a guitar. i said no. i asked him how much he wanted for it. i laughed at the price he told me. he thought i laughed because it was too low and gave me a higher price. i laughed a lot more. i said, shit man, i'll give you $100 for it. he said, 'today?'. cash money, bro.

so i bought a guitar. i got a great deal.

on the drive to the ATM he spun the radio dial to the classical station. it was the baroque lunch or something. he started going off on the movement of the music and Oo! did you hear how they changed keys with the triplets? polyrhythms. i think the kid has memorized the glossary to some music theory book and randomly puts sentences together figuring i don't know the difference. i pretend to be stupid around these people. i don't know what else to do.

he claims to be an excellent drummer. he often asks if he can come sit in with my band. i made the mistake of telling him that our drummer sucks.

we're listening to the classical radio and it is some waltz and the kid is getting into it and talking about movements and then he starts counting off the beat ONE... two... three... four? the 'four' comes out with its tail between its legs and dribbling piss like a well beaten dog. his brow furroughs and i can see the mental scratching of his head. "where'd the fucking four go?" his interior monologue sputters. i feel like saying IT'S A FUCKING WALTZ, but i don't. i wouldn't know a waltz from the hole in my ass.

so, that was social interaction but somehow not satisfying. around 7p i started brewing the desire to talk to someone with a brain. anyone. just some human interaction. it builds and builds all day, but ultimately i fail to do anything about it.

and it's ok. what i really want isn't to talk to someone with a brain, but to talk to someone with a brain and a body that is soft and warm and fits well in my arms. calling some ex-fiancee of mine tonight would have hardly solved that. or, well, yeah. it could have solved it literally but not correctly.

correctly. i have a wedding to go to tomorrow. saturday. my friends are dropping like flies. weddings. i was supposed to get married first. originally. i was supposed to get married last weekend, too. what is my rush to get married?

it's been a little over 50 days since i was last with someone. this is about the time when the event happens that leads to the meeting of the next one that leads to a whirlwind of sex and joy and hope and, occassionally, a marriage proposal. i'm avoiding it.

and don't tell me not to.

my parents, i love them. my mom says i shouldn't expect my dad to live much past 60. she's always said that. the man is fit but diabetic. and 58.

when he had a stroke a while back i realized how unready i am for this kind of shit. i don't have a grandkid for my dad. i don't know if i'm going to get one to him in time. i doubt i'll ever know him, or that he'll ever know me. i know this but i can't do anything about it and regardless it will turn into regrets.

and then there is my mom. what does she have but him? me. the answer is me. my brother is 3000 miles aways and the answer is me.

but, where are my responsiblities? what the hell kind of life is this, running along find and then suddenly getting rubberbanded back to that hometown that you've had a love/hate relationship for nearly 30 years?

i have dreams about england. i know i only remember the good things now, but damn. i'd like to go back and live there. maybe. or somewhere else. but you know, elsewhere. not necessarily a distance where a weekend trip home is feasible.

so i think, what would i need to do? how often do i need to see the parents? a week or two every couple of months.

ah, so, see. whereever i go, i want to have the money to make the trip six times a year, and, miraclously, a job that allows me that freedom.

so, in other words, i'm stuck. by my ethic.

which is ok. this is a nice place to live. good people. we're smarter, on average, than the socal people. 300+ days of sun a year. pretty people. great weed.

By Lapis on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:02 am:

I love seeing other people get their introspective on. Which reminds me.

Do what comes natural, do what you want. Do what you can and don't worry about the rest. That's all.

By patrick on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

tell us about the $100 axe.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 06:51 pm:

Sex?Whats that?

By Katie on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:51 am:

Did you like it when I took my shirt off in the movie 'The Gift?'

By heatehr on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:59 am:

though i did not see it

i

saw your....

By Nate on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:56 am:

oh you guys. sheesh.

we played that tonight. it will be made live.

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 04:00 am:

What's the chord progression?

LS

By Nate on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 04:57 am:

you can pull it off with A G# C# E for the verse and F# B for the chorus.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact