Massacred a buncha white mice

sorabji.com: What is the cruelest thing you ever did?: Massacred a buncha white mice
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Penitent on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 11:43 am:

When I was 17 or so, I was known among my circle of friends for acts of off-hand, casual cruelty -- generally against people, but I didn't consider animals untouchable. I had a girlfriend at the time who, for some reason, was curious to see how it felt to kill something. The obvious solution was to go down to the local petstore and buy a half-dozen feeder mice.

We took them back to my house in a paper bag, and down to a workbench in the basement.
    One mouse we tacked to the bench with a brad through the base of its tail, and then cut off its tail with a knife section by section, like cutting a carrot into thin slices. It didn't seem to mind or even notice until the six or seventh section was removed, at which time it began squeaking with each slice.
    Another we nailed to the bench with a brad through each foot -- not easy, considering the size of the feet and that the mouse was trying to bite as we manipulated its front feet -- and I vivisected it with a razor.
    Another we drilled through the abdomen with a hand-drill and left it stuck to the work bench with the drill bit.
    Meanwhile, we went outside and flung a mouse each against the brick wall of the house, and rolled over the tail-less mouse with the front wheel of my car.
    We microwaved the last mouse. It stood pretty still for three or four seconds, and only at the last moment did it get a frantic look about it, then lost consciousness after about five or six seconds of microwaving. Its innards boiled out of its ass at around 15.

The mouse with the nail through its abdomen was still alive when we returned. We were going to let it live for being such a trooper, but after watching it walk around for a while, I noticed there was a good bit of intestinal fluid mixed in with the blood it was trailing around the cardboard box we put it in, figured it was already done for, and for some reason I decided to put it out of its misery...though I'm not sure why that seemed important to me considering the other acts of cruelty I'd indulged in that day.

I've been close friends with this girl, even though we didn't date more than a year. We've both grown up quite a bit since that day (though it disturbs me that we were 17 when we did this...I'd find this kinda thing reprehensible even in a 9 or 10 year old). She's grown a bit stronger sense of conscience and responsibility; I no longer get quite the kick out of cruelty as I used to.
    I hadn't thought about this incident -- blocked it out, even -- until something reminded her of it last year and she brought it up. I guess she'd blocked it out, too, because she seemed kinda surprised to think about it.
    I was surprised and disgusted with myself, and suddenly incredibly embarrassed to think that this woman -- no longer the flighty girl I dated in high school -- had been witness to me at my lowest. She's alluded to the incident twice since then, and it makes me wince each time I think of it.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 04:09 pm:

jesus christ.

if you start killing people, let me know.

this account has been entered into your profile.

By Blindswine on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 05:06 pm:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAN!
    LEAVE THOSE MICE ALONE!!!!!

By Me.......... on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 05:20 pm:

Could the violence in the song 'Three Blind Mice'
    have had an effect on you, as a child? The references to a carving knife, might have warped your young, little mind. They (?) say serial killers and mass murderers usually started with animal cruelty as children.. God help us all!!!!

By R.C. on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 08:08 pm:

How chilling!

Well, you know what they say: "If it ain't one thing/it's yr mother."

By Me........... on Thursday, November 19, 1998 - 12:03 pm:

I killed the mouse on my computer..........

By Agatha on Thursday, November 19, 1998 - 01:10 pm:

i am shuddering.

By Me.......... on Thursday, November 19, 1998 - 01:12 pm:

so was the mouse..........

By Ratlip on Thursday, November 19, 1998 - 03:26 pm:

i workek in that pet store and i blew each of those mice only minutes before you bought them---except for the lone female--and as you duly noted she was dripping from the rear, i still womder why though, as i am only hung like a hamster, and a female hamster at that, oh well, happy nutting, ps---they all had smiles on their endearing little mice/mouse faces....i am sure you noticed

By Me................ on Thursday, November 19, 1998 - 03:48 pm:

You sick, sick, Ratlip !!!

By Repulsed on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 03:44 pm:

Penitent or not, you're a fucking twisted individual and I hope I never make your acquaintance.

By Little mouse behind the stove on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 04:35 pm:

Ditto !

By Giant Rat from Hell on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 03:38 am:

yeah i kinda wanna meet ya...

By So Sorry on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 01:55 am:

I remember killing my only pet. I was so worthless and stupid, I am truly so sorry for killing my first mouse i ever had.Please forgive me for my cruelty,I threw my mouse aganist the wall.And i was no brainer.I don't know why i did that,I think it has something to do with the cold weather. Again, i am truly so sorry

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact