Its done, and I feel as though I am as well...

sorabji.com: What is the cruelest thing you ever did?: Its done, and I feel as though I am as well...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Hal on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 12:25 pm:

Well I finally did it, through the massive poll of advice recived from those with more exp. then I shall ever have and from the gut feeling of pain recived everyday from thinking about it I finall broke up with my G/F of almost 2 years.

You all mentioned many reason for doing so, and that doing so would be better for me in the long run. That my life was partialy being wasted on my continued concern and worry for things I could not affect, with the life of a person who although I cared about never got to be around.

She was suppose to come up and visit me this weekend, she called on Friday to cancel. 4th time in a row she's suppose to come see me and calls maybe a few hours in advance of when she's suppose to be here and cancels on me. I gave up.

AND IT FUCKING HURTS. I think most of the pain I'm dealing with is my own fault. First of all I broke one of my major rules in life. We broke up over the phone. WHY you might ask, was Hal such an asshole to do something so horrible and decrepit that he should be drug out into the street only to be stoned, shot, driven over by a large truck, and then hung naked by the ankles? Because I was tired of it all, thats why. Sure I could have waited 2 more months till the time when I got to finally see her and then do it, but what fucking good does that do either of us? I mean sure yeah, I'd have been a better person for doing it that way. But for christs sake, I was tired of dealing with a long distance relationship months ago, I don't want to wait and deal with the pain of one for a couple more months knowing the eventual outcome. So I am an ass, I know I'm an ass and I don't need to hear anymore about it.

Right about now, I feel like crying, hitting things, and just general not feel goodness. So I guess the only question I have to ask is why the fuck did I let her go?

By agatha on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 01:14 pm:

sorry, hal.

By semillama on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 01:31 pm:

You're not the ass in this situation, Hal. Go listen to some Rollins spoken word, Human Butt or, shit what's that double album called, The Boxed Life. There's some appropriate stuff in his video, "Talking from the Box" too.Or if you really feel bad, put his band on the headphones - I find "The End of Silence" or "Lifetime" works best in these situations.

Or if you feel really really B-A-D, try actually reading some of his poetry, especially from "See A Grown Man Cry". Then write some of your own mimicing his style. That's some catharsis there.

Or you just be like everyone else and say "Dude, Rollins is GAY. Don't be a loser."

By Trace on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 01:42 pm:

Hal,
    You did the right thing (in my opinion anyway) by doing it now, over the phone. I do not know anything about he situation other then what you wrote in the string, but you let both of you go instead of dragging it on and making you both miserable (she must have been if she kept cancelling) for a few more months.

I know it hurts

By Hal on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 03:07 pm:

1. Agatha, Rollins RULES!!!! (sorry a little abjecture comentary from someone who belives that anyone who has the balls to go out and get the "misfits ghost" tatooed on their forearm is a badass.)

2. Thank you Trace.

By semillama on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 03:20 pm:

Agatha has not weighed in on the whole subissue of Rollins. That was me. I forgive you, it's all the mental state you're in. Now go put on that cape and crank the Dio.

By agatha on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 03:40 pm:

rollins does rule, however.

By semillama on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

The whole depression bit where he describes being up on the milk crate with the cape and Dio, "I Reign Supreme!!!!" and then the freinds want to take him bowling, that cracks me up every time. His animal stories are pretty awesome as well. I think maybe I should track them down and make the animal lover on our crew listen to the "Bun-bun" tale...

By wisper on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 06:57 pm:

the one about the fan-boy who pretended to be an airplane pilot and kidnapped him to the middle of nowhere, leaving him to wait fo a ride at the local gas-station, and the crowd of dis-believing local kids.
    "And so it was written, if you point your flashlight up in the clouds and flash it just right...the aging alternative icon will fall from the sky!"

and when he describes having to go out and buy a futon

By cyst on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 06:58 pm:

I went out with henry rollins's cousin last thursday. she's witty, ascerbic, and hot.

By Platypus on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 08:02 pm:

I hug you, Hal.

And it was the right decision. It was good of you to say it now, not in two months. And if you'd waited two months, you might have replicated my most infamous breakup and had a white trash brawl in a Safeway. The liquor aisle, no less.

By Czarina on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 11:16 am:

Hal,you are not an ass to break up over the phone with this girl.
    Didn't you say that she has cancelled AT THE LAST MINUET 4 times?

I would have dumped her the second no show.Thats just plain inconsiderate.[unless she had REALLY good excuses,like major deaths in her family,etc]

Don't beat yourself up over this.I know it hurts.Thats the downside of love.

But a long distance romance,where there is only one active participant,well,thats just not much of a relationship.

Its painful now,but it will get better.I'm sure there is a lovely young miss out there just waiting to find you.An active participant.

And,for what its worth,I'd like to see you hanging naked by your ankles,[but that could just be the lech in me talking :)]

You're not an ass.You made the right choice.

By Hal on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 12:25 pm:

Naked by my ankles is about how I feel right now.

By Czarina on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

Sorry Hal,that was an attempt at humor,to try to cheer you up.

It will get better,it just takes some time.

By Hal on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

I know... Just some depressing shit.

What I need, is some good sushi, a few good beers, a game of pool, and some sleep.

Fuck, I'm poor.

Damnit.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact