a confession

sorabji.com: What is the cruelest thing you ever did?: a confession
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 09:27 pm:

i'm a 72 year old professor of english lit at cal poly. i invented the 'nate' character to test some thoughts i had about cyber communities and interactions. chordata, interested in the psychological implications of my project, assisted me. the picture that you've all seen is one of my students (and my lover, as strange as that may sound.)

i apologize to anyone who's life might have been harmed in this experiment. However, i don't expect this should change anything. How important is honest perception in this media? who will ever know? what difference does it make when words are words, ideas are ideas and life does not exist in corpreal spaces?

By dave. on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 09:56 pm:

sweet!

By Johann public on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 11:03 pm:

either that's a cruel joke, or a really amazing work of...art?

By Nate on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 11:10 pm:

my real name is Rob Levandowski.

me

By J on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 12:54 am:

If you can live with that,so can I.

By Levan nate on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 02:25 am:

from now on i'll post as my real life nickname, Levan.

By Spider on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 02:14 pm:

Does Heather know?

By Levan on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

she must.

i bet that's not even her real name.

By eri on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 03:18 pm:

If that is you in the picture, you sure the hell don't look like a 72 year old professor. I am confused now.

By bongo on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 03:37 pm:

excuse me.

i ply girls with marijuana. talk about confused.

By Levan on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

recycle for the future.

By Dr. Professor Longhair from New Orleans on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 05:41 pm:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok

la la lahh. . oh . . .

By bongo on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 05:57 pm:

straight up

By dave. on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 11:48 pm:

this levan shit is fucking stupid. let's all play the nate/levan game.

ummm. . .no.

is it for real, is it a charade?

zzzzzzzzzz.

<grin>

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:33 am:

shut up hugh.

By dave. on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:43 am:

mmmmph mmm mmphmmph

By dave. on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:45 am:

this is why art sucks.

By Waffles on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

shittttttttttt

crackpots.

By semillama on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:53 pm:

By Ophelia on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 06:15 pm:

woodcutter is fucked up.

nate...um, what is this, now i'm very confused. is that really you? urgh, this is what i hate about the internet. but maybe its also what makes it cool. i dunno. gotta go sleep.

By patrick on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 06:54 pm:

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:34 pm:

"We will demonstrate our best effort by studying, listening, paying attention and cooperating with others in school."

that third thing was inspired by you patty.

my kids are the best little group of retarded munchkins in the world.

By bongo on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:01 pm:

SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIE ON PURPORSE

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:36 pm:

SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIE TOGETHER. IT IS FORBIDDEN!

By Spike the Mailman on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:25 am:

I'll lie on a railroad tie.

By Etan on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:28 am:

i'M eTAN, THE DOPPLEGANGER, aND i AM EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. SOMEWHERE, WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, on a train, a subway line, a park bench or a rural beach. . . . you will find you.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:31 am:

i want a pork bench.

By J on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:51 am:

My body lies over the ocean.Bring it back!

By patrick on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

hey Gino i guess you could classify it "paying attention" when you give it to Helayne everyday after school in the teachers lounge, or wait, maybe you find your mind wandering about Lauren

By spunky on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 02:00 pm:

Nate,
    What did you do to your website? i was trying to show Eri pics of you, but, um, you seem to have some kind of oral flower fixation right now....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact