Fan Clubs

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: Fan Clubs
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, March 15, 1999 - 02:24 pm:

I used to think Fan clubs were totally hip. Until I joined one. It was for Mary-Chapin Carpernter. Then I got the newsletter, and it's like *ZONK* every little minute detail of her life, anything, be it a magazine article, radio mention, tv appearance, etc.

Really freaked me out.

So I de-joined. Must be a BYATCH to be a star where *that* aspect is concerned. I mean, I know, they "deserve" the annoyances of being in the public eye, but JEEEZ.

Then today I was looking for the name of the latest Ben Affleck/Sandy Bullock flick, and I found this:

http://benaffleck.com/specialties/affleckted/index.html

Now that, friends, is SPOOOOKY shit.

If I EVER become famous, I'm going to live in some yurt in a remote forest in the Appalachian Mountains.

Yeah. Only the yurt will have electricity, and cable, and an ISDN line, and running water, and... OH FUCK... I change my mind. Gimme a BIG ole spread in Marina Del Ray, CA or Coronado Island, CA. BRING ON THE FANS & THEIR CLUBS!!!

By Pink Eye on Saturday, March 20, 1999 - 09:00 am:

Holy crap! James you weren't kidding about spooky shit from Affleckted. I read two postings at random and that was 2 postings TOO many. Makes one wish for the back issues of Tiger Beat...Leif, where are you???

By Margret on Tuesday, April 27, 1999 - 12:40 am:

People, prick up your goddamned ears (incidentally, Prick Up Your Ears was the first movie I ever saw with Oldman in it, and I loved him, but even better is fucking Romeo is Bleeding...that shit's hardfuckingcore):
    I joined a fan club today.
    It was some sick thing I couldn't stop myself from doing, for character actor Jack Black (from such fine pictures as Dead Man Walking *hated it*, the Cable Guy *fucking loved it* and Enemy of the State...and most recently as Titus in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer *couldn't believe how wretched it was*). And I could have resisted except the teenaged twat who owned the page admitted to liking N' Sync and The Backstreet Boys more, but wanted to be the first to have an official fan club for someone, and apparently JB is a fan orphan. I couldn't resist coupling with her in this way. OH GOD.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, April 27, 1999 - 09:43 pm:

Margret-- you *hated* Dead Man Walking? Wow. One of my fave movies! What charcter did JB portray?

By Margret on Tuesday, April 27, 1999 - 10:15 pm:

Oldest younger brother of Sean Penn.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, April 28, 1999 - 08:35 am:

oh, he's a young fella. why didn't you like the flick?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact