what will happen next

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: what will happen next
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 01:57 am:

i had dreams about death last night. today i got a call, i thought it was my mother. it wasn't. it is my brother. there are three others missing with him. he was last seen four-wheeling. things happen in threes. one happened, two is dying as I type, and i fear that the third is my brother.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 09:21 pm:

I had a dream about my teeth last night. (I know this kind of detracts from the seriousness of your post, but let me continue anyway.) Anyway, I was some important person and I had to make a speech, only I was standing in the back of a crowded room first. I went to talk to someone before I went on, and my teeth started faling out. I could reach my hand in my mouth and just pull them out in clumps. It scared the shit out of me. I started thinking "I need to see a dentist about this, I should make an appointment." Anyway, I went to look in a mirror, and I had these two huge spikes of bone coming out of my tongue.
    Someone at work today said the teeth falling out thing means I'm going to find a long-lasting relationship.
    I wanna know what the hell the spikes of bone mean.

By Gee on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

I had a dream about a baby. he had a big round head with big wide eyes. he was adorable.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

you know, nico and i both had dreams the other night of huge earthquakes. we checked and there was no activity during the night. i too fear what will come next

By agatha on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

i've been having dreams of puppies for like two months straight. depo provera, here i come. puppies = babies in my dream dictionary.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 03:04 pm:

I had a dream my old buddy Andy w/o hair had gotten back together with his ex-wife and was living in a dorm room, going to school on the GI Bill.

I got an email from his step brother yesterday, saying he was still in the army, in Germany, with a new wife.

hmm...

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 04:03 pm:

Bell Jar, I said a prayer for your brother. I hope he's okay.

I have dreams about my teeth falling out all the time. Supposedly it's one of the 5 most common things to dream about. I also heard that it symbolizes either anger or not being able to say what you want to say.

By Mavis on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 05:46 pm:

sem--are you serious?
    in germany with a new wife?
    oooh-kay!
    what about jasmine?

please remind me who the stepbrother is.....

By semillama on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 08:31 pm:

Mavoid - you really really need me to remind you about Alan Terlep?

By semillama on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 08:32 pm:

I could start a whole thread alone on the subject of living for a year with Alan, but I won't until I get my buddy's address from him.

the thread may be called "Peanut Butter Knife Death Threat".

By Isolde on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 09:44 pm:

Woah.
    Hmm. I can't figure out the tooth thing. Especially the spikes of bone. Argh. Wierd. I'm leaving for SF tommorrow morning. I have earthquakes up here all the time. It's great. Little things that just kind of jiggle the bedframe. It's always exciting, because I'll wake up and think "Is this it"? And I resolve to take down the huge framed painting over my bed. But I never do. Someday I'll regret it. Maybe I'll move it when I go offline.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, June 1, 2000 - 07:06 pm:

I had a dream about Droopy last night, or rather, about Droopy's house, because he himself wasn't in the dream.

I and two other people (one of whom may have been Agatha) were walking all around Droopy's house, looking for something. Oddly, every room had a bed in it...an unmade bed, too. I think they were there so that he could just lie down wherever he felt tired. Everything was kind of low to the ground, so he could reach things from his chair. There was a lot of wood in the house (wooden floors, wooden furniture) and lots of blue (blue walls, blue bedspreads). That's all I remember.

By droopy on Friday, June 2, 2000 - 11:22 am:

sounds a bit like the house i was living in a year and a half ago. it was a small, 3-bedroom house and each room had a bed in it for guests. it was all hard-wood floors, except for 2 of the bedrooms, and lots of old wood furniture. lots of blue, too. the bedspread on my bed here in my apartment is, in fact, blue. and unmade. things aren't generally lower to the ground than anything other house, though. except my clothes hangers.

By Nate on Friday, June 2, 2000 - 11:32 am:

see, that's why he wasn't there. he hasn't lived there for a year and a half.

By J on Friday, June 2, 2000 - 01:18 pm:

Rhi,I think you must be psychic,let me know if you ever dream about my Jonathon and I being re-united.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

That's really neat! Maybe I really am seeing your house, Droopy.

J, I hope very much that you get to see your grandson again.

I always wanted to be psychic, but apart from the intuition that all people are born with, I don't seem to have any gifts in that area. My dreams may be very vivid (usually) but they're never prophetic.

The only strange "ability" I have, if you'd even call it that, is one that involves me perceiving scents as having tactile properties. Like, scents have shapes and area. For example, my mother wears a perfume that smells to me like a small flat surface with a ball on top. I don't know how to explain it further.

By Antigone on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 09:30 pm:

That's called synesthesia. Haven't you taken a sensation and perception class?

And, you wouldn't want to be psychic. It makes you emotionally unstable. Maybe it's not a causitive, but a correlative relationship. Dunno.

By droopy on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

maybe you're just in touch with my feng shui, rhiannon. if you are psychic and you happen to dream of my current residence, see if you can find out where my "john lee hooker: guitar lovin' man" cd has disappeared to.

By Rhiannon on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 10:12 am:

Antigone: I never took a sensation and perception class, but I have read about synesthesia. I thought it usually involved the visual system. Maybe not.

Droopy: I tried to dream about your John Lee Hooker last night, but it didn't work. Maybe tonight.

By patrick on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 12:17 pm:

is it bad feng shui to have your feng shui book sitting on the back of your toilet?

i should investigate.

By droopy on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 12:22 pm:

i found my cd. in my underwear drawer.
    i don't know what kind of feng shui that is.

By Bek on Thursday, June 8, 2006 - 03:58 am:

my boyfriend keeps having dreams where his front row of teeth are loose, then completly come out, it really scares him, ha ha. he wanted me to try and find out what it means.

By Cocksucking pig on Thursday, June 8, 2006 - 04:11 am:

I have a tan stain on one of my front teeth, up at the root where the visible tooth connects to the brain. does this epitomize the humanistic inescapability of my adjunct existentiality? or should I just get a checkup?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact