30 FT + WAVES DUE IN CALIFORNIA...

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: 30 FT + WAVES DUE IN CALIFORNIA...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:10 pm:

By patrick on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:20 pm:

hm.

no.

how were you tipped off to this?

By patrick on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

you know though.....its all good....they said a storm this weekend is our introduction to el nino.

we need the water.

By trace on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

cross traffic at work
    just be careful, looks like a large swell

By patrick on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:46 pm:

we're about 8-10 miles from the beach, we should be alright.

By patrick on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:51 pm:

the weather report calls for 12-15 ft shoreline surf and 22-30ft open sea surf. there's an advisory in the paper, but its nothing to be alarmed at.

By trace on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 04:36 pm:

good deal

By Nate on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 08:19 pm:

my nuts make bigger waves.

By Platypus on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 09:54 pm:

the weather report also claims that we're getting 12 inches of rain in two days.

i am deeply suspicious.

By Nate on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 10:08 pm:

where i live that isn't uncommon. but if they mean where you live, then i'll probably get closer to 12 a day.

my creek is pretty fucking big right now. it must have dumped all day up here.

By Platypus on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 03:26 pm:

the road is a river. it's pretty rad. no one can drive because there's a foot and a half of water in the road--all the storm drains are clogged. my poor flowers look pretty pissed.

By patrick on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 11:51 am:

my studio holiday party started at 9. it was dry. when i left at 3:30 it was soaked.

must have been one of those 30ft waves.

i was rather disapointed in el nino's first showing. supposedly the lil fucker comes back tonight.

By semillama on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 01:26 pm:

I enjoyed Rollins' observations on El Nino and how it's such a wussy name for something that can cause a lot of damage. I especially liked his suggestions that we rename it either "The Motherfucker" or "The First Four Black Sabbath Albums."

"The First Four Black Sabbath Albums were responsible for the destruction of a large swath of coastline..."

"You're Damn right they are!"

By patrick on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 01:57 pm:

punk legend Bob Moss came to my party dude. he was shithoused in a santa outfit.

By Platypus on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

Maybe you think it's wussy where you are, Patrick--I've been without power for three days, all the roads are closed, my engine is too flooded to start, there are trees down everywhere...wierd bits of debris keep showing up on my porch, a tree slammed through my bedroom window...it's a fucking mess up here.

Although the ocean looks like egg whites, it's pretty cool. If I had a decent camera up here I'd spread the loving.

Alright, I guess I shouldn't totally run down my battery here. Drunken Santas are excellent.

By patrick on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 03:05 pm:

really? holy shit i had no idea. it rained for a couple of hours. that was it.

By patrick on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 03:14 pm:

hey moonit? did you say you saw tool in New Zealand in July?

did you see these bizare performance art couple perform with Lateralus?

im just looking at the biography of my studiomates performance group and i see they toured with them this past year.

By moonit on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 03:45 pm:

I didn't see them but my friend Snapper did. I will ask her...

By patrick on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 04:11 pm:

platy i spoke too soon. the wind and rain have arrived.

By Platypus on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:50 am:

you see what I mean?

It's actually calmed down a lot here, they restored power this morning, which was nice. They say there's more to come, I suppose I shall see. Everybody's out right now trying to tack their roofs back on. It's kind of funny, actually. A bunch of people in big yellow slickers like moonwalkers.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

actually...i did for an hour or so.

we missed any serious brunt of the storm.

we almost always dodge weather bullets.

Its amazing out this morning.

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 03:11 pm:

Water-wings.........thats what you need.

Make em outta empty Clorox bottles.

By Platypus on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 04:27 pm:

I think my car needs water wings. Poor little Griselda, she is seriously fucked. I know absolutely nothing about cars, but I think I need a new engine or something.

I've been watching the sopranos. They're actually pretty good, I'm almost through season one. Although I hate all the women. Especially Carmela, she's really obnoxious.

By wisper on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 06:31 pm:

wait till you meet Tony's sister.
    Holy fuck.

By Platypus on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:26 pm:

Yup. Janice? Jesus fucking Christ. Why do all the women in this series have to be so horrible? I hope Livia kicks the bucket soon. Manipulative old bitch.

By jack on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:51 pm:

the men are horrible too.

By wisper on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:42 pm:

I have a theory on why the women are horrible, but it'll have to wait.

In the mean time, i don't know her name, but fuckin' Christopher's girlfriend. And Meadow. Those bitches.

By Nate on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:48 am:

carmela kicks ass.

i'm in stupid dallas missing all the big waves and crazy rain.

i'm fixin to be landing tonight, though, right smack through what is supposed to be a good'un.

y'all.

By patrick on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 11:32 am:

its coming tonight. snow levels at 4000 feet.

naturally i left my god damn umbrella at home.

motherfuck.

don't eat the mexican food there nate. it will change you.

By Platypus on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 11:59 am:

yeah, it's already here.

umbrellas never seem to do any good in this weather, they just blow inside out. i would be very much excited if it snowed, though. i love snow.

By semillama on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

it's raining here. lately I have been missing snow very much. We watched Black Robe last night and I got HOMESICK, especially during the scenes with the howling wind blowing snow everywhere.

By wisper on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 05:42 pm:

since mid-september it's turned to spring weather here, for some reason. Then last week (the middle of December! so late!) it finally dumped snow like crazy, and my car door froze shut n' all the fun stuff. And we had 2 days of winter. Now it's raining and warmer.
    white x-mas, please!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact