hopelessness

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: hopelessness
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:36 am:

this morning one of the teens in the school district where i work attempted suicide by jumping off the roof of Westview Middle School. this has totally shaken me up.

not to mention that, at the exact same time, an adult succesfully committed suicide by jumping off the 11th street overpass onto I-35 in downtown austin.

fuck.

By eri on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:54 am:

For some reason it seems to be in the air. Last night my friends ex intentionally OD'd on sleeping pills. He has a daughter that he was just totally willing to leave behind. His sister found him in time and he will be allright, but damn, what is up with this?

By Brandon on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 09:35 am:

Just because you OD on sleeping pills doesn't mean you want to die. I was sorta gonna kill myself yesterday but after about 8 extra strength pills I realized what I was doin and I got scared. After about an hour when nothing happened I figured I was fine and I went to sleep. When I woke up I felt really wierd, like I couldn't concentrate or balance on my feet. Guess what? SLEEPING PILLS CAN GET YOU HIGH :) I won't go into detail, but I was dizzy, confused, and hallucinating. I heard voices, saw and talked to people who weren't there, and my whole house got overrun by insects. Everything seemed completely real. It was hard to distinguish the visions from reality. I told my dad that the house was overrun by termites when he got home. Only then did I realize there was nothing really there.

By Dodi on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:32 am:

I don't recommend you doing this again, unless your really stupid or something.....

By dimwitted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 01:13 pm:

wow brandon. thats amazing. i mean, who would have thought you could get high off sleeping pills?

insect hallucinations? holy moly!

By Brandon on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 02:09 am:

I did it again yesterday, slighty higher dosage. This time I saw lots of people and went outside with them, but there was nobody really there. I just hope that nobody saw me or I woulda looked real crazy talkin to myself and all. When I went back to my house, my hallucinated people refused to leave me alone. They would tap on my window and try and get me to come outside, and tell me that I sucked at guitar. This is one crazy drug I tell you.

By Dodi on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:12 am:

Keep it up buddy and you won't live to see your hallucinated people anymore...or will you?

By Sha on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 01:31 pm:

Hey Brandon,
    Hope you are feeling better on this day..you know what honey..you can get that kind of out of body experience by learning and then practicing deep meditation. And the bonus is a lifetime of getting in touch with your soul..balancing your karma..feeling like life is a trip worth taking..relationships you never knew could exist..and so much more. On the other hand when go the way you seem to be going now..what good will it do you...and in my humble opinion you're just gonna have to come back and repeat your life lessons anyway..until you learn that is..until you 'get' it. You sound like a young man..have you even given death a serious thought..like where we go after we die..what you really believe in spiritually..if it matters how we act in this life..if anyone is watching..that kind of stuff? I daresay if you take that bright but thirsty mind of yours and challenge it to seek your own personal truths..you can end up one hell of a human being. I dare ya.
    Sha

By Sha on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 11:26 am:

"Even from every evil, there may be found some measure of goodness."
    ~The Kabbalah~

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact