lots of things

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: lots of things
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:40 pm:

mostly that this war, though young, is playing exactly as our fears predicted.

Now a bomb, undetermined origin, has killed upwards of another 50 civilians.

But does it matter where it came from? No. The only thing that is assured is those 50 + people would be alive today had Bush kept his cock in his pants.

(This is not a thread for debate, so keep out spunk if you have nothing to offer otherwise)

I was listening to a reporter speaking to a protesting Egyptian professor.

Paraphrasing, the professor said...'look we supported America after 9-11, we had sympathy for you. A huge injustice was delivered upon you. Now, your president is turning us not only against him, but the American people as well. The people of America are being delivered a terrible injustice from their very own president. I used to believe America was a just country, but not anymore'

*sigh*

Im afraid of what Bush has done to our world standing.

Im afraid he has made this world more dangerous for me and my friends and family. We now have Iraqi intelligence individuals targeting our interests abroad they say (how soon homeland?). This war is a recruitment call for those who have already delivered us injustice as well as pulling those, who stopped short of action, over. The dead bodies of innocents are as good a reason as it gets.

Im afraid of all the men and women who will die in the coming days at the hands of Iraqi guerilla tactics and perhaps chemicals. If they do use the chemicals...does it serve as an automatic qualifier for this war? No. Because the only 'for sure" there is that the weapons have been used (god forbid). Had Bush kept his cock in his pants there was no guarantee of their use. Im not that idea is as clear as Id like it to be, but im sure you can get my jist.

When was the last time you heard of a family, whose house and life was ruined by an American bomb actually welcoming Americans in their cities? Where's the logic in that. It won't happen.

Im afraid for those poor souls misguided by a tyrrant, yet led to protect their homeland (like most would do).

Im most afraid those innocents caught in the middle who didnt ask for any of this.

Im afraid of the fires that are starting to erupt throughout the region, in neighboring countries.

Im afraid of the huge disservice that this motherfucker is doing to our country, in our name.

Im afraid this war serve as the flushing of the toilet with the giant crap that is our economy. As world sentiment grows against the US, and US goods are target for more and more boycott.

In short, im afraid of the giant fucking mess the leaders in Washington have made.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:57 pm:

By Nate on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

aww. someone is experiencing paranioa on the eve of fatherhood. how cute!

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

Im afraid ive read that.

There are a couple of signatures on that letter that I would group with Rummy.

Wolfowitz and Perle.

Im surprised Cheney's isnt on it.

I mean really....lets not beat around the Bush (get it????/ayeeeee i kill me) Dubya just isnt bright enough. He's always falling back on Reagan and Daddy's era of republican, military stalwarts.

"fuck Saddam, we're taking him out'

he's a kid given the illusion of control.

im afraid you may be right, admittedly we'll never know.

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

"a paranoid is someone who knows whats going on"

W.Burroughs

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:10 pm:

admittedly fear is not rational either.

but you know. id like to try and remember this thread, come back to it in a month, and see what exactly has transpired in this war and see how right or wrong my fears are.

By semillama on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:10 pm:

Didn't Perle just resign? I thought I saw that headline but i haven't investigated further.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:13 pm:

By spunky on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:24 pm:

I do have fears about this war, but this is my only post in this thread, so that I might appease my rivals

By eri on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

Patrick, I went through something very similar. It was right around the time I had Hayley or when Hayley was a baby. Clinton was in office at the time. I don't remember the exact events that prompted my fears, but I read your post and those exact feeling came flooding back to me.

Just wanted to say that I understand what you mean and where you are coming from. I have been there myself, and go back there still on occasion. I have been there a lot in the past 6 months especially.

By Rowlf on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 07:17 pm:

I'm afraid of cars this week, because I had a dream that I was a pylon. Seriously.

By Ophelia on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 11:49 pm:

maybe it has to do with "milkdud", but i think patrick's fears are a lot more widespread. I've had basically the same train of thought several times the past few weeks. i'm scared too, or paranoid maybe...i dont know...but i had a nightmare about it last week. People keep telling me its just cause its the first real big war i've been old enough to be fully aware of, but i dont know...i think this would scare me anyways. or maybe any war would. but damn, war is scary! and in this case i am worried how this country will get back the respect it has lost, and I dont see how, because I dont believe it is a justified war, even if there is such a thing.

By Big sleepy kevin on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 02:57 am:

I am afriad that the world has entered a terminal slump... there can be no good come of this current situation. I am worried that soon this will become WW3 (and if you're religious, armaggedon).

[On a side note, I have been singing to myself for most of the day; "run to the hills, run for your life"]

By Nate on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 04:41 am:

try "the hills are alive/with the sound of music"

that's what we sing here in the hills, anyway.

By patrick on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

actually i think a lot if has to do with the fact that i havent gotten any action in god knows how long.

i mean real action.

maybe.

i think my fears have little to do with the fact that im about to be a father. i dont feel my immediate world is necessarily any more or less safe than it was 2 weeks ago.

i honestly belive if another attack comes on US soil it will not directly hit me. i have to believe this despite living in #2 big city.

i think my fears, as to how they manifested into this particular thread yesterday had everything to do with the constant ups and downs I experience in particularly emotional and catastrophic times. that is, catastrophic for them, and emotional for me subsequently.

last night i was able to recite dave's brilliant "how many dead soldiers for a Halliburton contract? who cares we're rich" joke to angry sam and actually laugh and be cynical about other aspects of the war.

so, you know....whatever.

By Nate on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

hey patty, out of curiosity, are you aware of the war in the congo? 3.5 million people have died in it since 1998.

i never hear your outrage about it, so i was wondering if you knew anything.

By patrick on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 05:03 pm:

ummmm i dont think so. i mean i think i've heard snippets here and there, but ive never grasped the scale.

i am aware, on an elementary level of the injustice by Mugabe in Zimbabwe...as far as that continent goes.

By Nate on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 05:43 pm:

mostly mugabe is anti-white, so who cares about that one?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact