These are the Last Days

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: These are the Last Days
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By II Timothy 33 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

By Spider on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:28 pm:

But....it's been like that for *ages.*

By Vyvyan on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:33 pm:

And spotteth twice they the camels before the third hour. And so the Midianites went forth to Ram Gilead in Kadesh Bilgemath by Shor Ethra Regalion, to the house of Gash-Bil-Betheul-Bazda, he who brought the butter dish to Balshazar and the tent peg to the house of Rashomon, and there slew they the goats, yea, and placed they the bits in little pots.

By Antigone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud"

Yeah. William Bennett is the antichrist, ain't he?

By Armaments 29-21 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large...And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

By Antigone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

"But....it's been like that for *ages.*"

Oh, no. Only when Clinton was president.

By BIGkev on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

will it fix things if we use the 'holy handgrenade of Antioch'

If so I know where brother MAynard keeps it, providing that one counts only to three prior to throwing it..

By BK on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

too slow... damn

By Jerimiah 5124-29 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

I will let you see how I make Babylon pay for all the wrongs they have done to Zion...Prepare nations to make war on her; summon kingdoms against her: Ararat, Minni, Ashkenaz; call the roll of her enemies, officer! Bring up the cavalry, bristling like locusts.
    "Prepare nations to make war on her: the king of Media with his governors and dignitaries and the whole territory under his rule.
    Then the earth trembled and writhed, for God's plan against Babylon was going forward: to change the country of Babylon into an unpopulated desert.

By kazoo on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:45 pm:

Why can't we just talk about HAPPY things, like the fishes and the loaves? I love that story, made me wish I was a stoner back when JC was around.

By Prophet on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

By Jesus 2-1-75 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

By TBone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

I think the Holy Hand Grenade is a happy thing.

By Spider on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:56 pm:

The king asked Daniel, "Are you able to tell me what I saw in my dream and interpret it?" Daniel replied, "No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come. Your dream and the visions that passed through your mind as you lay on your bed are these:

"As you were lying there, O king, your mind turned to things to come, and the revealer of mysteries showed you what is going to happen. As for me, this mystery has been revealed to me, not because I have greater wisdom than other living men, but so that you, O king, may know the interpretation and that you may understand what went through your mind.

"You looked, O king, and there before you stood a large statue -- an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance. The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were broken to pieces at the same time and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

"This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king. You, O king, are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; in your hands he has placed mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds of the air. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.

"After you, another kingdom will rise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron -- for iron breaks and smashes everything -- and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever."

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 01:17 pm:

By Matthew 14 15-20 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 01:30 pm:

15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves shwag.

16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to smoke.

17 And they say unto him, We have here but five chocolate cookies, and two buds.

18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the cookies, and the bud, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the bud to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

20 And they did all smoke, and were F.U.B.A.R: and they took up of the ganjathat remained twelve baskets full

By Antigone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 01:30 pm:

I think the asshole of god is wrapped around your head, spunk.

By Neuronicus 56-88 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 02:46 pm:

29 Thou art but clay for ME, which thou forgeteth every day, and which giveth me a few things against thee; so I SHALL come quickly, and descend with a shriek, and I shall smite thee WITH Mine Fist.

30 And these tribulations shall fall upon each man and woman, each in his turn, and though thou follow this My Covenant even so none shall escape. For thy brains are as of wax, and melteth even as thou are lighted; so ask not why I make My works through thee, for I have a few reasons: thou ART NOT to know.

31 And so I chortle and spit on thee, for it makes me well pleased.

32 Yet thou shalt be free to continue in thy works as thou will, if therefore thy heart filleth with remorse AND bitter repentence; remember therefore from whence thou art fallen:

33 For thou art of the beasts of the field, which defecateth unto the ground and rut each upon the other, caring not where their seed is planted; and yet the beasts know not of evil, and I am well pleased with them, for they denieth NOT My name.

34 Be therefore like unto the beast and drop thy waste UPON the ground, except within the walls of Jerusalem; and multiply; and battle one another; and know ye not where lieth the center of the universe, for if ye learn it, I will kill you.

35 But yea heed, for I say this to the Men of Earth: those which men I hate, which ARE the UnderThings, which worketh mindlessly, and which eat things sacrificed unto graven images, and which commit fornication BASELY and which defecateth on the Sabbath, and which spill upon the ground the seed of the code OF ODIN: Repent, else I will come against thee with My clenched Fist, and it it the Fist which beareth many eyes, and breateth many breaths.

By spunky on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

"I think the asshole of god is wrapped around your head, spunk."

You may be right.

By Neuronicus 56-88 on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

36 For thou art false prophets, drunk with work, and time; I will HAVE IT OUT with thee.

37 As in the days of Noah, likewise as in Kuskarza and Atlantis, men ARE lovers of self and money, which I loveth more; all are boastful, ungrateful, disobedient to those which begat them; they vomit forth malicious gossip and indulge not properly their lusts

38 And so shall I send the spirit of NHGH unto thy nations, to mete out wars and rumors of wars, and dreams of wars, and fears of wars, and a peace which is LIKE UNTO Hell.

39 That Time and Half Time as has prophesied by sages and fools of old is to be fulfilled in this generation; that seen there will again appear IN the the earth, as do these words: that one, through whom many will be called to meet those who are preparing the way for My day on earth. I will then come, even AS thou hast seen Me go; when those who art Mine have made the way clear and passable that I may come.

40 It will be as a thousand years, with the FIGHTING in the air, and - as has been- between those returning to and those leaving the earth.

41 I shall come as the Light behind the chariots of the Angelic Host, and though thou avert thine eyes My fire will penetrate thee.

32. There shall be in the End Hours wonders in the sky; th elinign spirit of NHGH will be UPON thy sons and daughters, who shall fall down; your young men shall see visions, and thine old men SHALL take drugs, and shall DUMP; I will be UPON thy women, which shall bear rotten fruit of their wombs; men shall rave in the streest, speaking in tongues and prophesying.

43 For thou hast shat on the name of my Son and therefore te shall not die when most fervently thou desireth death. HA HA HA, I, JHVH-1 thy God shall laugh AT thee.

By Psalms 137 1-9 on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
    2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.

3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

4 How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

By II Kings 18 25-30 on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 01:00 pm:

25 Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

26 Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.

27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

28 Then Rabshakeh stood and cried with a loud voice in the Jews' language, and spake, saying, Hear the word of the great king, the king of Assyria:

29 Thus saith the king, Let not Hezekiah deceive you: for he shall not be able to deliver you out of his hand:

30 Neither let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, The LORD will surely deliver us, and this city shall not be delivered into the hand of the king of Assyria.

By Exploding belly on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

if the lord drinks miller beer,hes o.k.

By Malcolm Muggeridge on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 12:56 pm:

So the final conclusion would seem to be that whereas other civilizations had been brought down by attacks of barbarians from without, ours had the unique distinction of training its own destroyers at its own educational institutions and providing them with facilities for propagating their destructive ideology far and wide, all at the public expense. Thus did Western man decide to abolish himself, creating his own boredom out of his own affluence, his own vulnerability out of his own strength, his own impotence out of his own erotomania; himself blowing the trumpet that brought the walls of his own city tumbling down. And having convinced himself that he was too numerous, labored with pill and scalpel and syringe to make himself fewer, until at last, having educated himself into imbecility and polluted and drugged himself into stupefaction, he keeled over, a weary, battered old brontosaurus, and became extinct.

By V.v. on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 02:54 am:

Indeed,its a mad world,,and Sorabji is the microcosm of the macrocosm

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact