gas, psycho roommates, trampolines, vomit, the Boognish, Peter Gabriel...

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: gas, psycho roommates, trampolines, vomit, the Boognish, Peter Gabriel...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Psilocyberpath on Wednesday, March 18, 1998 - 01:00 am:
    oh no am I really typing?

By Snacky on Wednesday, March 18, 1998 - 01:33 am:
    I hate that goddam dancing baby thing! The little bastard gives me the creeps! STOP E-MAILING ME THAT THING! YOU'RE SCARING ME, YOU JERKS! STOP IT! HELP! MOMMY!

By Boognish on Wednesday, March 18, 1998 - 04:28 pm:
    Feeeer not, child, for i hold the sceptre of wealth and power. Ah, lordy! Rissseing from mists unknown to shelter youuu.

By Silly French Knight on Wednesday, March 18, 1998 - 04:42 pm:
    We've already got a Sceptre of Wealth and Power!

(I told him we've already got one!) (giggles)

By Dave on Wednesday, March 18, 1998 - 08:03 pm:
    But have you sen the drunken baby that smokes cigars, staggers and pisses? You would thank the one who sent you that.

Ween rule!

By Leonardo on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 03:36 am:
    I'm afraid of vaginas with teeth.

By Chuckbucket on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 07:39 pm:
    two words: Chicken Shrapnel
    The vision of explaoding chickens just does not sound very happy.

By Upchuckbucket on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 12:20 am:
    I'm afraid of that baby on the cover of the Chumbawamba CD. Freaks me out!

By Bill on Saturday, April 4, 1998 - 03:16 pm:
    I am afraid that my balls and scrotum will reascend into my abdomen, so I tie a sack of lead fishing weights to them to hold them down. I have to sleep standing up because of this. I have a bed that stands up on one end, with an outline of my body cut into the surface, just like on the Coneheads movie (but the outline doesn't have the cones, of course). My wife just doesn't understand, but I keep telling her "Hillary, just deal with it. I deal with your fear of being a lesbian!"

By Angie on Sunday, April 12, 1998 - 07:07 pm:
    I am afraid of this glass goose that my mom has on top of the fridge. where ever you go, it's always watching, staring, looking at you. at night sometimes, when the moon is full, i think i can see it winking at me when I go to get a midnight snack. it's REALLY freakin' me out. one of therse day's i'm going to get my old bb gun and blow it to smitherines.

By The Goose on Sunday, April 12, 1998 - 07:32 pm:
    Angie! You be NICE to me! I'm watching you... Don't make me get angry!

By The B.B. gun on Monday, April 13, 1998 - 12:43 am:
    heh-heh-heh.....

By Chuckbucket on Sunday, May 3, 1998 - 06:27 pm:
    Decaf coffee there is no point in no caffine in coffee it is stupid and some day the lake of caffine in coffee might kill the world. So you should all drink Caffine in your coffee. And people the scare me are people like upchuckbucket and people that alwas think it is cool to try to scare othere people.

By Plaid chad on Sunday, May 3, 1998 - 07:19 pm:
    Can you send me the dancing baby stuff? I think they are funny! I have the pissing one1 he's a trip! Send any others you might have to >plaidturtle@prodigy.net< thanks

By Plaid chad on Sunday, May 3, 1998 - 07:21 pm:
    what scares me?

Rednecks
    wooden roller coasters
    and My kindergarten teacher Miss Muskelley

I still have nightmares about her!

By CarrieAnn on Monday, May 4, 1998 - 05:46 pm:
    I kinda like the dancing baby. I used to like it more before the big uproar about it since Ally McBeal decided to use it on her show. I know the guy who made the baby, indirectly (friend of a friend thing).

Sorry Chad, I did have a whole bunch of babys, but deleted most of them. The Kung Fu Baby, Tumbthumping baby (w/psychadellic color changin diaper), YMCA baby... I do still have a couple baby animated gifs though. I have an Email one and small dancing baby (which I used on my web page. http://www.speakeasy.org/~gardenia/family.html) I'll look for some more and send them to you.

By Jmac on Saturday, August 8, 1998 - 01:05 am:
    Woooo, U guys are as twisted as I am... :)
    J

By Slacker on Wednesday, October 28, 1998 - 04:25 am:

woooo, u must be grant hutchins

By Moonit on Friday, August 27, 1999 - 06:57 am:

peter gabriel videos freak me out

By Kalli on Friday, August 27, 1999 - 09:23 am:

especially when he turns into a fruit cocktail.

By Margret on Friday, August 27, 1999 - 11:50 am:

You people are simple minded and easily frightened or something. You want Peter Gabriel to frighten you? I recommend staying alone in a darkened house and putting on "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" on repeat until you have some sort of beyond good and evil flash and realize that Peter Gabriel's soul has the contours of the soul of the future man, and begin to wonder if there's a way to cross breed him and Ahmet and Henry Rollins so you can birth the future.
    Then, yes THEN, you will have been genuinely frightened by Peter Gabriel.

By Moonunit on Friday, August 27, 1999 - 11:06 pm:

margaret is scaring me....

By Friendly on Friday, August 27, 1999 - 11:31 pm:

margret is turning me on. . .

i want to drink her bathwater.

By J on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 12:45 pm:

I want to take a bath with her,did I say that?No that was the checkered demon speaking through me,he wants to drink her bathwater too,the sick bastard.

By Margret on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 02:12 pm:

Moonit, were you the one I frightened with my chitinous exoskeleton, or was that Gee?
    For chrissakes, people.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 05:00 pm:

Ahmet and Henry? Cross-breeding Ahmet and Henry? That's like crossing a sunflower with a rhinocerous....what on EARTH would it LOOK like?!?! The mind reels!

Ahmet and Henry AND Peter?? Oh, my brain hurts.

By Margret on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 05:41 pm:

AND THE LAMB

LIES DOWN

ON BROOOOOOOOADWAY.

By J on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 05:41 pm:

I still want to shag Henry,I love him for his mind and his body.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 06:52 pm:

Ah yes, dear Henry. The heart of a rabbit in the body of a lion.

My favorite story of his is the one in which he imagines himself shot and dying on a street and he thinks only of this woman he loves. The last line is "I will attempt to say your name with my dying breath." Swoon!

Then of course, to show he's not all hearts and flowers, he has a poem whose last image is a man tearing out a woman's uterus and screaming "WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?"

(insert a witty ending here. i need to go eat dinner.)

By Semillama on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 01:22 am:

Ah, the poet Rollins. Some of his stuff is plain ridiculous, but at some point in life, every one of them makes sense, I think. The last time I had a serious crush on someone, the ol'unrequited love thing (way back when i was a sucker for Redheads, especially self destructive ones [1993]), his stuff about being alone, misunderstood and alienated was comforting. "it could be worse," I'd say. "i could be Rollins."

really have to say that Black Coffee Blues is great, especially 124 worlds. I like #56:

PCP 2: I wear my sunglasses. Keeps you on one sie and me on the other. i don't know you, you'll never know me. What's the word? Thunderbird! I keep the devils to the side. I keep the good on the inside and the bad on the outside. All you see is the bad, got me? What's your bag? Do you dip into the goody bag or the devil bag? Where's your truth, where did it go, what happened? You got to wear your sunglasses and keep your radio tuned to Black Sabbath!

By Friendly on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 01:33 am:

rollins poetry never did it for me. my life just isn't like that. for some reason, i'm wondering if anyone here has read nick cave's "and the ass saw the angel" that isn't my life either but it sure was a good story. slingblade reminds me a lot of that but the cave's novel is much more relentless.

By on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 01:59 am:

syntax error

By J on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 02:14 am:

I can blame my hearing loss on Black Sabboth

By MoonIt on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 03:57 am:

Margret I think it was Gee who was afraid of the ekoskeleton.

I just dont like peter gabriel. its his videos.

the man is scary.

By Cyst on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 10:03 am:

carrieann sort of knows the dancing baby guy. friend of a friend.

I love naming semi-obscure friends of friends. it's so meaningless.

a former colleague is good friends with the guy who makes those dress-up david and venus magnets.

my patron's girlfriend is henry rollins' cousin.

the guy I had dinner with last night knows reo speedwagon's singer's ex-wife.

my rock star friend's face has been three inches from liv tyler's blue silk-clad ass.

I'm waiting to use the scanner. madonna's "beautiful stranger" video is on. it's my song for this summer. I love it even though the lyrics are flawed.

By Cyst on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 10:13 am:

clad in blue silk. I don't think her ass is blue.

madonna has a great body. the "beautiful stranger" pants look so fucking good on her.

the carpet/leather seller is taking me out for dinner again tonight. today I tried on leather miniskirts at his shop and haggled even though my patron is paying. and I'll let the merchant pay for dinner too, even though I'm on an expense account now.

I'm such a bitch. they said they couldn't make my skirt in the exact color I wanted -- the color of a coat in their shop. so I asked if they could destroy the coat for scrap leather and make my skirt. but they said they'd have to ruin two coats to make the skirt the way I want it. I guess that's asking too much.

By Agatha on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 12:44 pm:

i used to make the david magnets when that guy first started out, i worked at kinko's. i showed him image repeat, which is when you frame out the image and it repeats down the page as many times as the paper size will allow. he was ecstatic.

i met reo speedwagon at the ice cream place that i worked at. they came back several times and asked me for advice about what to see in new haven, connecticut. we had ice cream there called coffee oreo speedwagon, they really thought that was a hoot. i also worked at the club where they were playing, i worked the night of the show. i have never seen so many fifty year olds seemingly on acid. that show was not what i expected, to say the least.

By Semillama on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 05:02 pm:

REO Speedwagon Played aat Fort McCoy a month ago, in order to keep morale up.

No comment.

My best freind told Chris Cornell to fuck off at Loolapalooza, then realized who he was.

She kissed Rollins on the cheek after he signed a book for her grandmother and the ol' softie blushed.

I could go on about BErnie, who played with David Linley, Melissa Etheridge and produced Peter Tosh's band, but I have probably done so already.

Can't wait to see him next weekend.

By Cyst on Monday, August 30, 1999 - 05:52 am:

yesterday the carpet seller bought me breakfast, lunch and a fancy dinner in a seafood restaurant overlooking the bosphorus and sea of marmara.

he also took me out for drinks and dessert at one of the fanciest hotels in town, where he gave me a gold heart-shaped pendant. (I would have guessed it was real gold, but of course he had to tell me.) he told me not to get the wrong idea. I don't know what the right idea is.

he bought me flowers again.

I saw him this morning and he brought me fresh peaches and yogurt and soda water. my favorite breakfast here. he had someone polish my shoes. then he took me boot shopping.

he's talking me into buying a tailor-made black leather dress. I'm sure he's going to ask me to wear it out with him and I am going to say no.

he had one of his employees follow me home with a huge kilim as a gift. he had tried to sell it to me for 1,200 and I said no, then he said it was a gift. I took it back to him.

I think I would have kept it if I had liked the colors.

I wonder how the final huge bad scene is going to play out.

By MoonIt on Monday, August 30, 1999 - 05:56 am:

hmm Jules and I used to have a crush on the lead singer of Indecent Obssesion (a tragic early 90's Australian boy band).

The other day this guy comes in to her work - hes being interviewed on one of the radio stations for some singing/dancing musical thing hes the lead in.

Its the same guy.

She calls me. Shes laughing. He's really short. And has bad skin. And we used to love the man. Now he does musicals. Please.

I gotta find some lyrics. This is bad.

By MoonIt on Monday, August 30, 1999 - 06:01 am:

Okay his name is David Dixon. (Write that down in case he becomes famous hehe NOT)

I, I've got it all together *husky voice note*
    Cause I want someone here forever
    Cause you, you make me feel so right
    When I hold you near
    I
    Only
    Get
    What
    She
    Feels
    ---- Chorus Line -----
    Won't u tell me something
    Whose gonna give me lovin
    All I want is one thing
    And I need your loving

tragic yes!

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 01:24 pm:

one of my fav Rollins spoken word lines was the idea that women don't shit....they instead poot talcum powder.....i believe this don't tell me otherwise..he said he still believed darryl hannah still poots talcum powder...i want to believe .....don't tell me different...

yes i have butt issues

By Semillama on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 07:36 pm:

but do you have butt tissues?

the important question

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 07:46 pm:

butt of course

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 01:04 pm:

Remember Waffles doesn,t like the idea of women farting,humor him okay?

By Waffles on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 01:33 pm:

thanks dear

By Simon on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 04:07 pm:

And his poor wife must be ready to explode by now.

By Nate on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 04:18 pm:

when to chicks fart? i don't think i've ever heard it.

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 04:30 pm:

Cause before you get married and even for awhile after,she leaves the room to cut one.

By Nate on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 04:44 pm:

really? my lady always says "i have to fart" and i'll say "uh, ok". and then i'll listen for it, but it never happens. and then i'll say "when you going to far?" and she says "i already did."

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 04:55 pm:

She,s holding back.

By Simon on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 05:16 pm:

My wife calls those people "pod people," because they apparently lack the human ability to fart.

She calls me a pod person.

She's most definitely not a pod person.

By Waffles on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 05:31 pm:

she's pulling you leg nate.....or better yet your finger? eitherway the result is the same.....girls don't fart end of story.

By Lawanda on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 05:45 pm:

Hey! Doesn't this conversation go beyond our "personal information" line? I'll get even, yes I will. You know who you are.

By Semillama on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 06:19 pm:

girls definitely fart.

but few out the time and passion into it like dorm rats.

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 07:07 pm:

Ha!I just realized Simon,s in the doghouse tonight.L.O.L.

By Waffles on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 07:08 pm:

see simon, if you had just conceeded that women indeed DON'T fart everything would be ok....we'll see ya in a few days......

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 07:29 pm:

Q:why do farts smell?A:so deaf people can appreciate them too.

By Gee on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 05:06 am:

You people are obsessed with the most bizzare bodily functions.

Margret - you've frightened me a few times since I've been here. You just have this way of going from perfectly normal to freaky psycho chick in half a second. Don't change. It's frightening, but neat.

Through this whole thread I've had the urge to taunt "Margie, Margie, Margie!" at um...no one in particular.

By Lawanda on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 12:26 pm:

Simon's a drooler. There are pillow marks to prove it. Huey's a drooler too. Why DO people drool in their sleep? Mouth breathing thing? Of course, most men are mouth breathers.

By Waffles on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 12:32 pm:

touche

By Semillama on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 01:02 pm:

Margret reminds me of my good friend Carole. She's the same way and I love her to death.

One thing's for sure, Margret keeps you on your toes!

By Friendly on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 01:02 pm:

i know a woman who farts whenever she sneezes or coughs.

By J on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 01:28 pm:

I bet she,s a real "blast" during cold and allergy season.

By Waffles on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 01:29 pm:

HA!............

By Waffles on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 01:31 pm:

margret eriely reminds me of someone i was madly in love with in high school. we dated for over a year....she was the most intelligent women I knew and she bossed me around...i liked it...she was totally in control... her name was also margret....when i started coming around here, i got nostalgic, and i called her just see what was up........she never returned my call....heart broken? no, but i was way back when..........

By J on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 04:31 pm:

I,d love to party with Margret,she seems like the type that would watch your back when your out looking for trouble.

By Geo on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 12:56 am:

whats up

By heather on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 02:52 am:

ah

i saw gee

nope

By Nate on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 02:56 am:

wookie balls.

By agatha on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 12:02 pm:

I miss Margret, for the record. I'm always missing someone around these parts.

By semillama on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 01:28 pm:

Yes, I miss Margret too, and Gee and R.C. and swine, off the top of my head of folks who always had something to say I wanted to read.

By heather on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

margret, no words, big crush

By Your mom on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:11 pm:

skrew your moms

By Blunt_man on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:14 pm:

hey what did we do to you to deserve that you stuck up little brat

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact