true love

sorabji.com: Do you love me?: true love
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Leelee on Friday, May 15, 1998 - 10:34 pm:
    i love voxy...

By BOYER on Saturday, May 16, 1998 - 11:40 am:
    I LOVE YOU TOO FROM FRANCE

By Slacker on Tuesday, May 19, 1998 - 02:19 am:
    i love livin in the city

"fear"

By
M.F on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 04:27 pm:

give me your infprmation

By Nate on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 05:32 pm:

frankfurt
    christchurch
    buenos aires
    york

five five five
    FIVE FIVE FIVE

orange
    yellow
    green

orange
    yellow
    red

orange
    orange
    ORANGE

st. petersburg
    homsfkloph

squirrel
    blue jay
    rabbit

NEW YORK
    SANTA MONICA
    FRESNO
    SANTA FE
    DALLAS
    ANTIOCH

rome
    cairo
    tokyo

gential
    germain
    geranium

fist fuck
    felch
    cheap wine in boxes

POEM
    PROSE
    TECHNICAL WRITING CERTIFICATE

shit
    fuck
    goddamn
    motherfucker
    crap
    cunt
    pussy
    dick
    cock
    motherhell

butch cassidy & the sundance kid (1969)
    mccabe & mrs. miller (1971)
    dr. strangelove (1964)
    raising arizona (1987)
    rear window (1954)
    a shot in the dark (1964)

in the car
    in the bathroom (public)
    by the airport
    on the beach

that's all the infprmation, M.F.

report to H.Q. immediately. speak with J.K. you will be provided with your next assignment then.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 08:46 pm:

cyst, you have a boyfriend these days, isn't that correct?

how is that going for you?

i want to talk about the sacrifices and the rewards.

these are selfish questions. the reality of what i'm about to get myself into is just now starting to sink in.

it's Lei Day here in hawaii. today is the very first day i don't feel like absolute shit about myself since having surgery. i walked down to chinatown and bought fresh flower leis for everyone in my department, and i spent $12 on an extra special lei for myself. i ran into Glen and he said, wow, every time i see you, you look better and better. i said thank you and showed him my abdominal brace, but inside my first thought was, you should have seen me 6 weeks/10 lbs ago. still, it was nice. it helped. i've been so self conscious, more than usual.

in any case, all of downtown honolulu is happy today. everyone is drenched in fresh flowers and smiles, hawaiian music is being played in the town central park. i wish i had a digital camera. today is the type of day i could spend all day wandering around taking photos of innocuous little bits of hawaiiana and people who don't live here or have never been here might actually get it.

it's that sort of day. it's perfect.

every year the brothers cozemero play slack key at the waikiki shell on Lei Day. you go early with your bentos and beers and blankets and beach chairs and hang out and talk story. then the music starts and the sun sets and it's warm and breezy and perfect and everyone sings. the keikis dance.

my step brother and his wife are staying with me. they are on their honeymoon. they just spent a week on kauai and a week on maui, and they're staying with me for a few days before they go back to Detroit. they're picking me up from work and we're going to pick up some sushi and beer and cruise down to the park and see if we can get into the show.

her ring is platinum with a giant diamond. he took out a loan.

true love comes in many forms, this is what i'm starting to realize.

the lesson i've learned is that you can only love yourself. of course, you hear this all the time and can recognize its truth intellectually, but adopting it and making it your own is another thing entirely. as soon as you look to someone else to love you, you put your happiness in the wrong hands, you make someone else responsible for making you feel happy and loved and complete. this is bad news.

i am happy with or without kevin. perhaps i'll be happier with him. he's my best friend and we have this rare, abject honesty as the foundation of this friendship. the decision i've made feels right. i know there is no guarantee that there will be happily every after, but deep in my gut i know this is the real thing.

i knew it from the first time i met him, actually.

but kevin worries. i don't worry. even though there are times of deep frustration and self-doubt, i am in love with life in a way only that living in hawaii all these years has taught me. he hasn't grokked it; i wonder if he will get a glimpse of this when he visits, though in 10 days you can barely scratch the surface. he can see it in me and marvels over it and i think he loves me in part because he hopes he can learn the trick too. but now he's a lot caught up in the paradigm of lack rather than abundance. he has expectations and i have very, very few. i will not hesitate to leap into the next adventure because otherwise life is worthless and dull, and i'm ready to try something new. the result may or may not be as fulfilling as the adventure itself. change never comes without sacrifice.

i always said... getting what you want in life is easy; the hard part is deciding what you are willing to sacrifice to get what you want.

sometimes you sacrifice chocolate and peanut butter and ice cream and coca cola. sometimes it's time that could have been spent with friends and family. sometimes you sacrifice your career. sometimes it's a pretty new dress, a nice bottle of wine, or a night out on the town.

sometimes you sacrifice Lei Day and surfing and forgetting to wear shoes to work.

but i'm not sure anything in life is worth the sacrifice of your dreams. i'm ready for the next thing, a dreamed i've dreamed for so long and now it's almost here, but that doesn't mean i'm not scared, and also desperately sad.

By Scarlet on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

Wow Sarah- your wisdom amazes me. I wish I could find what you have. You love yourself and life and find things to add to your happiness, not make it. I think my problem is that I look for things and people to make me happy when that is only a temporary fix- people leave you and new things are nice- but what you're left with is yourself. What is the secret to loving yourself and life and being happy. Tell me please!!!!!!

By patrick on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 12:47 pm:

C-cups, a good pair of jeans and "fuck-me" pumps.

By heather on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

patrick i had no idea

well, maybe i did

By patrick on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 01:21 pm:

im confident you did.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

oddly enough, the word that comes to mind is "detachment".

i'm not wise. i'm fumbling around just like everyone else. maybe the only difference is that i can't seem to stop trying.

oh, and patrick... the jeans have to be no bigger than size 6, otherwise life is nothing but obsessive misery.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 06:42 pm:

i understand

speaking of jeans....the wife has been working with a small but up and coming jean maker called Earl Jeans. In fact, she did their fall/winter sweater line, which is a first for the jean maker.

anyway, she has numerous pairs they have given her (these fuckers retail $150-200)...and man, them some hot ass jeans. HOT ASS!

By agatha on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 08:57 pm:

i hate fuck-me pumps. give me a good pair of comfortable black boots anyday.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 10:03 am:

We called em "come-fuck-me-pumps".

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 11:51 am:

boots as in the combat type? or boots as in the stylish ankle-high or calf-high heeled boots?

If the latter i would agree with you...when i say "fuck-me-pumps" thats really what I'm referring to. I'm not sure I know what a "pump" is when it comes to womens shoes.

By Hal on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

God I wish someone made men's apparal that suggested immediate sex. Much like the "fuck-me-pumps" I mean granted I understand why we don't have anything like that but come on we need some thing too right?

Guys...

Please...

Fuck I need to sleep more.

By NATE - STUPID on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 08:41 pm:

FUCK YOU MEN SUGGEST IMMEDIATE SEX FUCKIGN ALL THE FUCKING DAY = O.

By Kalli on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 11:12 am:

Boating shoes on a guy always do it for me.

purrrr.

By patrick on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 11:32 am:

By Kalli on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 12:10 pm:

patrick-

that's as it should be. (her pictures are great btw)

and just because we don't vocalize it as much...(ok, maybe it's just me)...i check out boy lumps just as slyly as guys check out breasts.

it's always a kick to see a guy trying to hide a boner.

last night Rex and I were watching a movie. He was wearing these Guatemala pants we bought at some little shop in Adams Morgan. I leaned up against him, and next thing you know..."Wooosh".

Tent pole.

That fascinates me. So I started picking on him. Bent down and growled at it...

He looked at me and said,

"Oh don't you worry girly, it's not afraid of you."

By patrick on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 12:23 pm:

ahh adams morgan.

spent some time there....by the zoo.

literally, right across it.....love that area, up around Conn. Ave. Watch out for diplomats in fast german cars though....those fuckers have no regard.

Yes it is a slight cruel joke of nature...the boner that is.

not to mention the public boner.

sometimes i think the wife just likes to be slightly cruel...in public, with boners. Kmart or the grocery store are no place for a boner.

By J on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

If you had a boner at K-Mart,you could call it the blue light special.

By patrick on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

red light may be more appropriate but still...

i'd really rather not draw any more attention to it...It is indeed "special" but lets leave it at that.

By Slothrop on Saturday, May 5, 2001 - 02:35 am:

boners are great. the best ones are the ones that just don't know when to go. i saw a tent pole reference, so, yeah, sorry to break it to ya trooper, but the weblows jamboree ended and you can take it down now....thems boners. yep. those special nights where she rolls off of you and in one fluid motion, you roll over onto her like the ignition on yer good ol' ford and coyly ask (in so many words)if she'd like any more. so then she says, "sure, but let's smoke a bowl first." and you think, what if it goes...but then you smoke your pot, and whamo, it's still there..like a good friend who lets you stay with him for a year...and you slide it right in, cause you've been flirting during the bowl smoke in many different ways and so she's still good to go..and then you do what you were born to do, proving the lesbians and the angry housewives all wrong, taking your seat in the 10% who know how it actually is done, and ironically, the nemesis of your hardon is the overly wet pussy that you were longing so religiously to please. yes, boners are great. to have attached to you i mean..

ok..so let's leave it at that.

By Ammani on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

i love u too if u can mail me

By AsangA on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:54 pm:

BULL SHIT!
    Love has no definition?!!..So what ? DOes bullshit have a one ?... Don't love love too much!!..

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact