or am i all loved out?

sorabji.com: Do you love me?: or am i all loved out?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 01:54 am:

i loved someone very much. and then we stopped being "in" love. the problem is, i am afraid that i will never fall in love again. does it get easier? is falling "in" love a once and a lifetime thing? i'm going to be a stinky young cat woman. i'm only 20 and i'm already collecting stray cats.

By N.b. on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 01:01 pm:

if you live long enough, you forget. then you are open to falling "in" love again. you have this vague feeling that you're being stupid, but you can't remember why.

By semillama on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

A wise-ass once said:
    Things have a way of working out.
    Things also have a way of not working out.

By mistaswine on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

drink heavily.

By heather on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

being "in love" is very fun but it's not the big thing

falling in love can happen once and a while

the big thing's later. (um, in my experience)

the real part is when someone knows all of the bad things about you, (some you don't want to admit to yourself) and you can hang out and make stuff together and get mad and throw stuff and make a mess and you don't worry about gaining ten pounds and they remember that you don't like ice but when they don't remember that's ok too. then really bad things happen and lots of hurting but you're stronger and closer together in the end and you don't worry what they think because you know.

you can become the stinky young cat women at 20, but only i think, if you try very hard.

By cyst on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 10:32 pm:

I drank heavily last night.

I made out with some boy on some porch at some party.

he was really attractive but everything he said repulsed me. so I thought, well, if we kiss, he can't talk anymore.

also, I discovered the joy of kissing last week. before that I hadn't kissed anyone in years. I wanted to see if it worked with other people too. it doesn't. I think you have to care about the other person for it to be fun.

or maybe I was just too goddamn drunk.

By moonit on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 01:28 am:

kissing is good. mmmm.

I had to buy 14 huge cans of cat food at the supermarket as Lucy (mums cat) has five babies (Tubby, The Eye One, The Shy One, Bangle and The Grey One) who have started eating (plus she has two other cats, Duff and Misty), and this man behind me hit on me - asking me why i had to buy so much cat food (so see strange cat ladies get hit on), and I told him and he had nice eyes and I should of said something but I am an idiot so a chance was lost, but thats okay - because I made conversation with a babe. yay ME.

then again maybe he wasnt hitting on me and he just really wanted to know why i bought so much cat food which would make him a really strange person so maybe thats good that I didnt embarass myself by asking for his number.

wooo prehaps it was a lucky escape.

By patrick on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

bell jar....you seem drawn to the dramatic. every post you make seems to be about another depressing aspect of your life......cheer up.....you are only 20....things aren't as bad as they seem......i don't think you know what love is at 20 years. I have been with the same woman for going on 6+ years and I AM 25..... We are just NOW finding out what "in-love" means and heather is sorta on track with that, based on my experience.

By Bell_jar on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 01:03 pm:

first of all i'd like to say that you're right. i need to cheer up. i'm having a rough year, but i'm sure that things will get better. eating hummus sandwhiches always makes it better. as does root beer and peanut butter.

second. i think that love doesn't limit itself to ages. i have experienced being in love. heather was touching the things that i experienced.

i'll try being happier, not for you, but for me.

By patrick on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

love doesn't necessarily lend itself to ages, you can feel just as frisky at 20 as at 50. BUT love does seem to take years and years to soak......I thought i was in love 5 1/2 years ago. I now know I didn't know shit then.....just like 5 years from now I will probably look back and realize i didn't know shit now.....so what the fuck.....now I am depressed.......

By semillama on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

rooooot beeer...peeeanut butterrrr....alalalalalala.

I have this idea that the best thing about being in love is coming silently into a room where your loved one is absorbed in something, looking at him/her/it and realizing that s/he/it loves you as much as you love him/her/it. I have yet to test this hypothesis.

By mistaswine on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 02:22 pm:

By Gee on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 01:23 am:

that is so touching, swine. I always knew you were a romantic at heart.

I fell in love when I was twenty-one, and no one can tell me that I didn't, or that I didn't know what love was. I knew what it was, even if I can't explain it. I was in it. trust me. nothing else in the world feels like that.

I don't want that again. all I want now is deep caring and physical attraction.

By moonit on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 04:52 pm:

I just want to get laid.

and not with the grump.

I believe this is a good step.

As long as I dont fall.

By Gee on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 02:40 am:

Let us know how your date goes. Who is it with? the grocery flirt? I know you're not asking for advice, but I'll tell you anyway: let the boy know you're just coming off of something and then you can use each other without feeling guilty later on.

By J on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 06:06 am:

That a girl Gee,so young yet so wise.

By R.C. on Friday, April 21, 2000 - 01:31 am:

Swine -- what's the difference btwn analog & digital again? (Other than that analog supposedly doesn't perform well in himid environments.)

I ferget.

I think Love is like the perfect wave. You just have to go to the beach/hang in the surf & wait for it. Sure/you have to amuse yrself w/lesser waves while you're waiting/otherwise you won't develope the skills to handle the perfect one. But you must also be careful not to get too banged up/or broken into pieces/or eaten by a shark/while you're passing the time.

And when that perfect one finally comes along/you know. And you go for it. And even if you crash/in the end/it was worth the wait.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact