yes, but i don't mean it

sorabji.com: Do you love me?: yes, but i don't mean it
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Spiracle on Saturday, February 28, 1998 - 06:14 pm:
    someone asked me...
    after only a few
    weeks of knowing
    each other..
    and i lied..
    i'm not quite
    sure why though..
    i didn't want
    to hurt his feelings
    and we were right in the
    middle of..

anyway..
    i lied..
    thinking
    maybe i would at one point
    love

oh well..
    is it just harder to be
    honest when you're young?

By TBone on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 02:22 pm:
    I did that once. We weren't in the middle of anything, but I think I convinced myself that maybe I was. I wanted to be in love, but if I had really thought about it, I wasn't even close. I broke 2 years of my life because I said "yes."

By Anna on Tuesday, August 11, 1998 - 05:39 pm:
    jag älskar han.. david!!!

By Anna on Tuesday, August 11, 1998 - 05:39 pm:
    jag älskar honom.. david!!!

By Anna on Tuesday, August 11, 1998 - 05:40 pm:
    jag älskar honom.. david!!!

By Markus on Wednesday, August 12, 1998 - 05:16 pm:
    And she means it.

By Starchy on Thursday, August 13, 1998 - 09:49 am:
    What I want to know, is.. Hasselhoff?

By Babygirl on Saturday, December 29, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

i did once cause we had been going out for 1 month and he said it to me and i was like love is a word that to many people toss around and when i say it i want to mean something and he got mad about it so i said that i loved him and i didnt know what i was felling at that time so i lied to make him fell better.........

By Hal on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 01:56 am:

Love is a powerful word, and it can be meaningfull and powerful, or a lie and powerful.

Love in truth is the most powerful of all emotions.

By heather on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 01:36 pm:

i repeat, love is not an emotion

By eri on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

If love is something that you feel, why couldn't it be an emotion?

Love is powerful, and it is a powerful feeling. I went dancing with my husband and some friends on Friday night and as we were slow dancing and singing to each other, I felt like a school kid falling in love for the first time, falling for him all over again. I was weak in the knees and he had to hold me up a couple of times. I have never had that feeling with anyone else, not even my ex. It was the most powerful feeling. It happens to me every time I rock my kids to sleep and every time I braid Hayley's hair. It is definately there.

I do remember dating a guy who swore he loved me and wanted me to move in with him. That was a lie. His intentions were only to get me away from my parents house so he could get me into his bed. I learned that, and it hurt a lot.

I have never told someone I loved them when I didn't. I have still managed to hurt some badly while dating. I just don't have it in me to lie about love. I didn't like it when it happened to me and I couldn't do it to someone else.

By Hal on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 02:34 pm:

Your right heather...

Love could be an emotion but its much much more...

It spans beyond emotion.

By Primrose on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

it is a promise.

By Nate on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 05:20 pm:

i feel a funny monkey! funny monkey ain't emotion! funny monkey furry!

By dave. on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 08:15 pm:

love is emotional. subtle difference.

By Czarina on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 09:21 pm:

Choke the monkey

By eri on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 09:50 pm:

Should he choke the monkey or choke the chicken? Or is that the same thing??????

By bell_jar on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 11:20 pm:

i fall in love every five minutes.

By Cat on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 11:54 pm:

I fall in love badly. There are always bruises and splinters.

By moonit on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 06:45 am:

I fall in lust every four seconds.

but the imagie i buidl of someone will awyas be mroe than they will ever be so never act on it.

AGH

By Czarina on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 11:02 am:

Love hurts.There is just no other way to put it.

And I honestly don't know if the incredibly wonderful sense of total well being,total exposure of true and vulnerable self,and needs,[and fulfillments],of rightness,of "nothing else in the world matters,as long as we have this",the exhilirating high of being with the person you are destined to be with,is worth the devasting pain,of the loss of that love,[for whatever reason].

Is it better to have loved,[and experienced those incredibily wonderful emotions],{and then be without them},or to have never experienced them in the first place,and not be aware of what one is left without?

I don't know.Love hurts.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

Love is an action, an almost absolute, that occurs when one masters honesty, unselfishness, and purity of motives. One cannot love someone if one is dishonest, selfish, or controlling or manipulating.

Someone else said that love is an action too. Love your neighbor as yourself. Not an emotion (a combination of feeling -physical- and thinking -cognitive). Not a feeling (mad sad glad scared).

There's usually not enough to go around. Pass the kibbles. You can say and say it and mean it and mean it but unless you act it...show it...live it...work it...it is not love.

By Hal on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

WHAT IS LOVE..... UNHUNNNNNNNN....

By moonit on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 06:21 pm:

Whats Love Got to Do With it?

By Nelly on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 09:45 pm:

I used to believe that one could love anybody if one put one's mind to it. I don't remember if this was before or after being made to read Erich Fromm.

By Tom on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 10:27 pm:

Love is an illusion. Mud.

that is to say, no one can say what love is; is it Hollywood? how much so? is it toil without hope of reward? how much so?

and it's different for each of us.

In honor of this wonderful fact, I've decided to be in love today.

with....

YOU!!!

By moonit on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 02:55 am:

Oh well thats just sweet.

Excuse me whilst I go vomit.

HA!

By Cat on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 03:41 am:

I think when you don't need to define love anymore, then you have found it.

I have trouble accepting the person I love's definition of love. There is a madness in that.

By DrinkyTom on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 06:18 am:

Ah, the sweet vomit of love! I will treasure it forever.

By moonit on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

I think once you've vomited in front/over/with the person you love, and they stick around... well its gotta be true love right?

By Cat on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 05:37 pm:

Depends if they held your hair back or not.

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 07:17 pm:

Nononono!

Catakins, ya can't judge True Love by that. Supposed you were worshipping the porcelain bowl at the same time he was hurling into the sink becuz you'd already claimed the toilet? He wdn't be able to hold yr hair back then/but it wdn't be due to lack of love.

I say it's True Love when they sleep on the wet spot for you.

Or when they leave the last bit of Ben & Jerry's for you. Or the last shot of Patron.

Or when they change the litter box even tho' it's yr cat & don't mention it at all.

Or the Truest Test: When he'll run to Walmart @ 3am & buy you tampons or pads -- or both! -- while you're bleeding on the loo/waiting for supplies.

Love doesn't get any truer than that. Short of agreeing to give you a kidney.

By eri on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 08:25 pm:

I have done the truest test. He passed. And he does clean the litter box, even though the cats have claimed me as "their human". But he will never sleep in the wet spot and he never saves the last anything for me. Does that mean it isn't true love?

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 09:43 pm:

Well,I'm sure he does have some redeeming qualities,like hogging the remote,or leaving the toilet seat up,or being flatulent at inoppertune times?

By Cat on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 10:15 pm:

I remember Trace saying "no douche, no tongue". Gotta love a guy with poetry in his soul.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 09:53 am:

True love is buying the little "personal items" for your significant other and no longer being embarrised.

Or, performing the grossest personal "non sexual" task with out complaining.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 11:23 am:

I bet Droopy could make a blues tune out of those lyrics.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 01:02 pm:

i was gonna say something witty, about what love is, something evident of my long-term committment to my wife, something that all the girls would go "goooooo" over and the guys would go "gaaaaaaaa" but i came to the conclusion I don't know what love is anymore that any of you poor schmucks weighing in here.

I could tell you why Im with who Im with, and Im sure you could scrape a heap of love off it, amongst other things.

By Trish on Sunday, June 1, 2003 - 04:20 pm:

IM IN LOVE WITH A GREAT MAN>>>IM 17

By eri on Sunday, June 1, 2003 - 05:37 pm:

Yeah, I thought the same thing at 17. At 17 it's always love :p

By BIGKev on Sunday, June 1, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

is he really a man, or more a teenager (similar aged to you?) if it IS a man, maybe you should read up on the sexual laws governing age of consent and whatnot, in your area.....

By Mel on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 11:17 pm:

is it possible to be in love with more than one person...or does that just mean that its not really love with either of them?

By Gee on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 09:22 am:

I'm sorry, we've filled our quota of Mel's for the year. You're going to have to leave.

By Antigone on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 08:52 pm:

Sure, you can be in love with more than one person. Why not? It's just that, in most moralities of the present day, it's not possible to be in complete romantic relationships with all of them.

By jinx on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 08:55 pm:

i prefer to be in love with more than one Q-tip
    at a time.

and poland spring sparkling water

By jinx on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 08:55 pm:

i prefer to be in love with more than one Q-tip
    at a time.

and poland spring sparkling water

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact