You Made Me Love You

sorabji.com: Do you love me?: You Made Me Love You
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Thursday, February 2, 2006 - 04:38 pm:

Why do you come here, when I have nothing to give you? Why do you stay, when there is nothing I can do to bring you comfort? I want so badly just to be able to offer you a seat, but this place is bare and empty. As desperately as I try to start a fire, there is no kindling here and every match I try to light is instantly blown out. Before long I notice that I am the one blowing it out, and I struggle to hold my breath, but always it escapes and destroys any chance we had at warmth.

I have no snacks to offer you. I haven’t had food here in the longest time, and I don’t anticipate a delivery any time soon. I’ve been starving, but I try to keep the hunger pains at bay by telling myself I can live without food. And now that you’re here I have nothing to offer you, and I worry that we will starve together.

The door sits open behind you, and I wait, expecting you to turn and move through it. I never wanted you to come over in the first place, but now that you’re here I’m terrified you will leave too soon. When finally you do move, it’s only to close the door. From behind you I reach around and secure the chain. You take off your coat and sit down on the floor, tucking your legs underneath you. You smile up at me and hold out your arms.

I sit next to you, curl up next to you, not believing for a moment that this is where I really am. The comfort and warmth you offer me are too good to be real, and I’m only waiting to wake up and find it’s all been a dream. You sense my disbelief and hold me tightly, ensuring that even if this is a dream, I will not escape so easily. You kiss the top of my head over and over and don’t complain when I nibble gently on your chin.

Somewhere in your pocket is a file that details the number of freckles on my face, and the precise location of the birthmark on my back. Every word that comes out of my mouth is instantly recorded in this file, and added up to find the equation that tells you who I am. Where your skills in math may be lacking, you more than make up for it in the high art of compassion.

Someday, I say to you, I will have chairs, and cookies, and candles, and I will be able to offer you more than just a bare room with cold walls. Someday I will give you a key to my door and let you come and go as you please. Someday, you answer back, we will work on getting that lock off of the door.

And you smile so deeply, I cannot help but poke you playfully in your dimples.

By V on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 09:53 pm:

...indeed I also read T,S. Eliot.,"Waste and void.Waste and void.And darkness on the face of sleep."...T.S.Eliot,Choruses from "The Rock."

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact