Lenny Kravitz

sorabji.com: What is your definition of Heaven?: Lenny Kravitz
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 09:31 pm:

driving around the island in a jeep listening to the new Lenny Kraviz CD "5" comes real close to nirvana.

that is some real good shit, folks. that man can do no wrong.

By Moonit on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 11:58 pm:

Oh I LOVE him. MMMMM Lenny. MMMMM.

By _____ on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 12:11 am:

ewwww!

By Gee on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 02:41 am:

did someone wipe a booger on your screen, Dave?

By sarah on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 04:04 am:

Lenny wrote his song "Butterfly" for me.

bet you didn't know that!

By sarah on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 04:13 am:

Chris Cornell is playing at the Paramount on February 7th!

By R.C. on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 06:18 am:

His ex-wife sure as hell doesn't think he can do no wrong. Last time I saw Lisa Bonet in an interview/she said he hadn't seen his kid in 2 years.

And if I hear American Woman (a song he didn't even write!) one more time/I will find Lenny Kavitz & break his guitar over his 70's-retro-afro-wearnin' head!

By Crawford on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 12:03 am:

Right on, RC!

ps: I heard on vh1 that bonet changed her name to Lilokai Moon or something like that.

By Moonit on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 10:52 pm:

I volunteer to kiss it better!!!!!! *haha Sarah*

By J on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 12:27 am:

That's what she said.....

By Hal on Thursday, January 27, 2000 - 03:23 pm:

THE SIXTIES ARE OVER!!!!

By moonit on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 02:41 am:

Really? I hadnt noticed.

Jerk is my new favourite word.

By Guillermo Lstar on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

yo quiero saber cuales son los albunes y como se llaman cada uno por fabor contestenme

By Spider on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 04:17 pm:

Mi dispiace, ma nessuno qui puo parlare lo spagnolo.

By droopy on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 05:01 pm:

mi español es muy malo y no me gusta pinche lenny kravitz.

By patrick on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

how's your mojo droop?

By droopy on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 06:12 pm:

i've got my mojo workin' but it just don't work on you.

By moonit on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:49 am:

sometimes i think it must be so much fun to know another language.

Not just random things but the whole language. For example I can say I ran over a chicken in my car in Thai, and you're a short fat pork sausage in german, but how helpful are these?

mmm lenny

By droopy on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:07 pm:

i'd like to know how to say "i ran over your chicken" in thai and that other thing in german. we should have an exchange of all of the scraps of languages we know.

by the way - i've noticed that babelfish translates pinche (PEENchay) as "punctures." colloquially, it means "fuckin'." (many's the time i've been called a pinche gringo.) just so there's no confusion.

By Spider on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

Is it true that "gringo" comes from "Green Grow the Lilacs"?

By Spider on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

PS. Lenny Kravitz está pinche agujereando.

By droopy on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

no sé, araña. el origen de la palabra "gringo" es un misterio. at least, i've asked a lot of spanish speaking people where it came from, but they could only guess.

By droop on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

spider - my mother's is going to spend a week in umbria, italy in a couple of weeks. got any italian advice or suggestions for her?

By Spider on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:13 pm:

Ooh, let me do some research and I'll get back to you.

BTW, I meant to say that Lenny Kravitz is really fucking boring, but babelfish says I said the opposite of that. Just so y'all know.

By moonit on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:33 pm:

Spidy swore!

By The Watcher on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 04:45 pm:

Gringo comes from the last US Mexican war.

The Mexican people were saying "Green Go". It was because of the color of the US soldiers uniforms.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 08:58 am:

Hmmm...I don't know about that. I thought the US soldiers wore blue at that time.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 09:25 am:

why were they speaking english?

verde vas

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:17 am:

i like Lenny's early album with the song "Mister Cab Driver" on it. He makes some catchy tunes, the way, say Tom Petty makes some catchy, plain ol rock and roll tunes. He's alright by me.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 06:43 pm:

Main Entry: grin·go
    Pronunciation: 'gri[ng]-(")gO
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural gringos
    Etymology: Spanish, alteration of griego Greek, stranger, from Latin Graecus Greek
    Date: 1849
    often disparaging : a foreigner in Spain or Latin America especially when of English or American origin; broadly : a non-Hispanic person

By Aleja on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 02:27 pm:

este negro esta muy buenooooo

PAPASITO

By jack on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 02:51 pm:

"green go"!

how anyone could buy that explanation is beyond me. funny.

By Luke on Wednesday, March 9, 2005 - 02:20 pm:

TICKETS ON MONDAY ELECTRICK CHURCH TOUR-
    WE´LL SEE WHAT´S 2 will show

By Lennykravitzsuks on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 09:34 pm:

lenny kravitz sucks!!!

By jack on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 11:27 pm:

that's what spider's sayin', green-go.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact