heaven is a halfpipe

sorabji.com: What is your definition of Heaven?: heaven is a halfpipe
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

there's a song called "heaven is a halfpipe" by opm that's been playing on the radio lately.

"if i die before i wake,
    at least in heaven i can skate,
    because on earth i can't do jack,
    without my old man on my back"

it's pretty funny, but it mentions "jesus packing my bong."

do you think jesus should be this guy's personal bong packer?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:18 pm:

i think teen angst music is in shambles......

"i can't do jack" ????

wtf?

By semillama on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:47 pm:

In a better world, Jesus would be EVERYONE'S personal bong loader.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:52 pm:

You're right. Could he load my opium pipe too?

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:27 pm:

Silly kids, in heaven you won't need your nasty chemicals because you'll feel good all the time.

By Morlock on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:31 pm:

Hah. Everyone should read the "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" issues concerning heaven and hell.

Is it true that somewhere in the Bible, Jesu ben Miriam (who may or may not be our lord and saviour) gets high on mandrake root?

wtf. how do you get high on mandrake root? What IS mandrake root? (the root of the mandrake plant. thanks, all.)

Silly kids. On Earth, you won't need your nasty chemicals, because you can feel good all the time.

"It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how!" --The Cat in The Hat

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

Mandrake root induces abortion.
    Didn't we have this discussion when we read "Go and Catch a Falling Star?"

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

Speaking of inducing abortion, my period is two weeks late. What the hell is up, Immaculate Conception?

By Pez on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 12:35 am:

when i stopped eating meat two years ago, i skipped a period. actually, i enjoyed the freedom.

wish it would happen more often, or taper off sooner.

once when i was wandering around saturday market, i saw i sign for a store called "hidden treasures". thinking it was a jewelry store (i was in a good mood after finding a kick ass majik store) i walked in. bongs everywhere, it smells funny, and there's this guy sitting next to the door:

"hey, how's it going?"
    "uh, okay...i'm late for my flute lesson."
    "well, have a good time..."

then i ran downstairs and poked around some more.

that reminds me: i should see how my schedule goes and try to help out audubon again this year. but not on a regular basis.

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 12:56 am:

since we're talking about periods... i haven't had mine in uh... three months. i've taken three pregnancy tests and they've all been negative (one was from the doctor). it's silly that i'm still nervous.

what the hell though. i don't think i'd be too unhappy. i do want to have a child, but someday would be better than today (or six months from today).

baby bell_jars... scary thought

By J on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 09:43 am:

Bell_jar,sometimes stress will make you skip periods.If I remember,you have more than your share.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 10:16 am:

I'm really not interested in a child, ever. I think that I"m nervous about having moved and all that, and that this is an offshoot. I went off the pill about a month before I left, which may have affected it too. Who knows. Anyway, I'm just nervous. I have to go to Planned Parenthood anyway today to get back on the pill, so I'll bring it up with them.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

chances are isolde, learning from the mrs.'s experience....the pill can do strange things to your body.....especially going on and off skipping a month or two.......

otherwise ladies, swine might have your periods, he keeps weird shit like that..

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

Goddamnit, Swine!

I'm not actually that worried about it, since it is physically impossible for me to pregnant, I just realized that it was two weeks late and I was a little confused. I'm going back onto the the pill soon, actually. But yeah, I think it's late because I went off it. When I was on it, my period was like clockwork.
    Anyway.
    Maybe I should keep my application for Sainthood ready anyway. Maybe I'm carrying Jesus II. Then the holy rollers'll be pissed.

By Pez on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

the son of the son of god. jesus christ junior.

i read a book about a girl that thought she was going to have a virgin birth. she was insane.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

I'm not insane! *clutches at her stuffed rabbit*

By semillama on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

Lenore?

By P.e.z. on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

do you snore?

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 07:41 pm:

No, but I talk in my sleep.

By Pez on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 03:08 am:

i used to laugh in my sleep.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact