piglinks

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: piglinks
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Blindswine on Tuesday, June 23, 1998 - 04:58 pm:

By Blindswine on Wednesday, June 24, 1998 - 03:00 pm:

By Blindswine on Wednesday, June 24, 1998 - 08:54 pm:

By L on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 12:24 am:
    yes

By Sorabji on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 11:09 am:
    i never understood soulflare

By Sheila on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 11:30 am:
    soulflare, yes. but potatoland??? help me with that one.

By Sheila on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 01:30 pm:
    never mind; i just hadn't gone far enough into potatoland. seizure makes it worth the trip. now i think i get it. i should have trusted you, Blindswine.

By Blindswine on Thursday, July 9, 1998 - 03:42 pm:

By Blindswine on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 03:01 pm:

By Blindswine on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 03:35 pm:
    the ferny fillmore fabulon is actually a load of total shiite.
    i just liked the opening sequences and the reference to "gun to your head productions".
    great name for a production company.

By Blindswine on Monday, July 20, 1998 - 02:05 pm:

By Quidam on Monday, July 20, 1998 - 03:51 pm:
    jodi.org

I'm sure it's been suggested before. I don't get it.

But I like it.

By Starchy on Tuesday, July 21, 1998 - 09:38 am:
    I'm a big jodi.org fanboy. Several links to it can be found in unexpected places on my site (www.velvet.net/~starchy - sorry, to lazy to find the text on imbedding links here), and I actually first found this place through a link there.

By Chordata on Tuesday, July 21, 1998 - 03:38 pm:

By Starchy on Wednesday, July 22, 1998 - 02:14 pm:
    Wow.

That link just brightened up a very slow day at the office.

My question is, though: How in the name of Reinhold Weege did you find that?

By Quidam on Wednesday, July 22, 1998 - 06:22 pm:
    Things rocket car.

That page is pretty accurate. About it being an old internet rumor. I first heard about it from the Darwin Awards, when the DA's were only a mailing list.

It's one of those things that I've always suspected were urban legend, but everytime I go to the grocery store at 3 am, I have to wonder.

By Blindswine on Saturday, July 25, 1998 - 11:59 am:

By Chordata on Sunday, July 26, 1998 - 04:12 am:
    Starchy, I got it off Cruel Site of the Day.

It's a site worth checking out.. Especially since that's how I found sorabji.com.

By Blindswine on Saturday, August 1, 1998 - 05:45 pm:

By Blindswine on Thursday, October 8, 1998 - 06:31 pm:

By Blindswine on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 08:32 pm:

By R.C. on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 08:49 pm:

'Swine -- you're spending way too much time online... You wd just wanna be updatin' that Sonny Liston page!

(But really -- how do you find these sites?)

By Blindswine on Wednesday, January 6, 1999 - 06:16 pm:

By Blindswine on Wednesday, January 13, 1999 - 02:13 pm:

By R.C. on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 12:46 am:

I'm sure Swine knows this guy. I can't believe his site came up on my Alta Vista search query 'How do I find a person's home address'?

Is This Bogie's Son?

By Swine on Thursday, January 28, 1999 - 10:14 pm:

oh yeah.

we go out dog huntin' all the time.

By Boredpuss on Sunday, February 7, 1999 - 04:08 pm:

I think these guys need some traffic...

whatever

By Hamsterdance on Sunday, February 7, 1999 - 05:14 pm:

pretty stupid.

(no offense.)

By Blindswine on Friday, February 19, 1999 - 05:15 pm:

By Swine on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 07:08 am:

By R.C. on Monday, March 8, 1999 - 01:25 am:

Every time I sit down & start to think seriously abt learning HTML & creating my own website/I stumble across someone else's site that already covers whatever it was I was interested in -- & does a much better job of it that I cd. This is an organization that's got the right ideas abt life. I plan to join immediately!

What's Wrong with The World & How To Fix It.

By Swine on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 10:21 pm:

By J on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 01:34 am:

How do you find this???? You still hold a job,and surf around.How the hell do you do it?????

By Swine on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 01:50 am:

i have a global network of web-schlepping lackeys that do all the footwork for me.

which basically means that friends e-mail me interesting and not-so-interesting links.

some i share. a lot of the really good sites have message boards attached to them. i generally keep those to myself.

the sorabji sickness needs to be contained.

By Cyst on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 01:57 am:

I occasionally mention sorabji.com namelessly to other geeks ("this web bulletin board I waste a lot of time on") and always hope they don't ask me for the url.

By Gee on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 06:21 am:

I never tell anyone I know you people. My reputation is bad enough as it is.

By Nate on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 10:38 am:

i talk about all of you to everyone.

By Nate on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 10:40 am:

and i give the URL to prospective employers. it's in the section of my resume entitled "I'm an irreverant asshole"

By Rhiannon on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 12:32 pm:

Ummm, I occasionally mention the existance of this place and its inhabitants to friends and family. My brother has actually snooped around a few times (he may even be seeing this! yikes!)...once, when I asked him if he had read the stuff here recently, he called me a temptress and refused to say anything more. WTF?

By Semillama on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 02:05 pm:

Well, you are pretty tempting , Rhiannon, what with your rather sexy white letter on a black background . . .wait, no, thet's everyone else as well...Got me, i don't know wwhat your bro's talking about either.

By Agatha on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 02:28 pm:

my friends all think i'm completely insane for meeting anyone from this page. they just can't comprehend how i can tell if any of you are going to be remotely normal. they are frightened that i am not only meeting mark in december, but staying overnight at his apartment, with my child and sister, no less. they heartily disapprove, and i can't say as i blame them. i'm looking forward to the vacation, anyhow. i know he's fine, i just don't really have any hard evidence to explain this fact to others. i just tell them to look at this website, and they will be able to tell, which may be a not-so-good idea.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 02:59 pm:

I told a friend about Mark's audio clips of his improvisations (she's also a pianist, for real, not for pretend like I am) and she heard them and saw the..errr...sorabji part of sorabji.com (the stories, etc.), but I banked on her being too scatterbrained and computer illiterate to find her way to the message board. And I was right. And she told me that she would never involve herself in anything like this because she would think everyone was lying and that everyone was really the creation of 3 60-year-old men who were playing tricks. Or something like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It made me feel so gross and horrified when my brother said that to me, because not only did I not know what he was referring to and not only did he tell me something like "well, you're a big girl now, you can talk about whatever you want" (which is a gross thing for him to say anyway), BUT the thought of him spying on me was very disturbing. So now I am unable to say whatever I want, because I don't want him to read it.

If you're reading this, and you know who you are, shame on you.

By Nate on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 04:19 pm:

i read that and i know who i am.

damn.

i say fuck your brother, spider. the only opinion of you that is important is your own.

By Patrick on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 06:06 pm:

right........spill it all Rhi....jes let loose....we can hog tie him in the back. If he gets outta hand we can get the beav to take care of him

By Semillama on Friday, November 12, 1999 - 02:03 pm:

I find it interesting that people area more suspicious of folks met over the internet than those met in everyday real life. he same people who think Agatha's nuts for meeting someone she only knows thru the net will not think twice about getting into cabs when they don't know the driver, getting on a bus where they don't know anybody, going to a club where they don't know anybody, etc. In this day and age, with so many people on the internet, most folks you interact with are probably going to be damn normal.

Rhi: i am sending your tape this afternon, finally.

By Rhiannon on Friday, November 12, 1999 - 03:29 pm:

the nothin' but trash? oh, goody.

while you're in the car going to the post office, ummm, do you think you could check out that mule song i need help with? maybe i should flutter my eyelashes? i have a reputation to uphold, after all.

By Cyst on Friday, November 12, 1999 - 04:57 pm:

semi - did you ever get my goethe paper towel?

By semillama on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 01:43 am:

Yes, I did Cyst. In fact, I told my friend about it just tonight. I kept forgeting how to pronounce Goethe.

Rhi - I walk to the post office, it's jus tdown the street. But I have to do laundry tomorrow, so what I will do is take my walkman, that tape, and a pad of paper and a pen with me to the laundromat and figure as much of it out as possible. You don't need to flutter your eyelashes at me, although it would make me your slave.

By s.w.i.n.e. on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 02:39 pm:

By jane on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 09:34 pm:

The connie imboden link... photography as profound & unsettling art. A worthwhile link, thanks for posting it.

By jane on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 09:52 pm:

Oh, I wanted to comment on what semmillama said about people being suspicious about internet folk. I'm always being cautioned and warned by friends & family about exchanging emails with *strangers*, as if email is a completely different thing than the old fashioned penpal exchange. They seem to think that people are going to expend enormous amounts of time and money in tracking me down so that they can stalk me for some inexplicable reason. It's illogical thinking.

And yet, these same friends & family will give out personal information freely to people just met at parties, in lounges, whathaveyou and invite them home. Or worse yet, participate eagerly in telephone surveys.

I've just stopped telling people I go online.

By Semillama on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 10:23 pm:

rhiannon - i listened to that song, and I think you figured out a lot more of the words than I could! Not only does he mumble, but his vocals are mixed below the guitar at times which compounds the problem. From what I understood, it sounded like pretty good lyrics. He just needed to spit out the gum that day.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 11:32 pm:

Rats. Ah, well. I just thought it was a really spooky song for a Mule song (I bet you can see what I mean) and was wondering what was going on. There seemed to be a weird Rumpelstiltskin-esque plot happening ("she promised me her first baby if I promised to go away" -- if that's even what he's saying) and it made me curious. That's actually one of the more intelligible songs he sings. That "Spearfish" song -- "I was pregnant on a horse.....my only son has gone to war"....what is going on *there*?

Connie Imboden's site says she has a collection of her photos at my school. I'll have to find them. How does she do what she does? Mirrors?

By Gee on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 06:42 am:

By Nate on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 11:59 am:

oh shit, swine, they found your secret site.

By Bubba on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 12:01 pm:

and you sure do got a pretty mouth....

By hydrozoa on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 07:55 pm:

"Pigology: Bone up on swine biology."

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 04:12 pm:

Sem -- I got your tape today. Haven't listened to it yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

My brother called me last night. He called me "sweetheart" and said he had a present for me "just because." I wonder what he's up to....

By swinomite on Saturday, November 27, 1999 - 07:50 am:

By Fetidbeaver on Saturday, November 27, 1999 - 05:26 pm:

I'll take one for Christmas.

By J on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 12:42 pm:

Thats a good one Swine,I saved it.

By mistaswine on Friday, June 9, 2000 - 12:59 pm:

By mistaswine on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 02:44 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact