A Place Only Satan Could Love

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: A Place Only Satan Could Love
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Moloch on Tuesday, March 16, 1999 - 11:13 pm:

...Satan and everyone else who likes sick, twisted, macabre, soul-black humour.

Visit www.redmeat.com or else.

By Gee on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 04:56 am:

Or else....what?

Chicken butt?

By Moloch on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 09:38 am:

No, silly! Or else you'll miss out on the clasp-your-hand-to-your-mouth-in-horror antics!

Here's an example: Three-panel strip, each panel focusing on one alien-looking guy.

Guy: The plans are laid, Xerkon. In two solar days we will bring the Earthmen to their knees.

Guy again: I await your orders.

Guy's mother: You're going to be awaiting a spanking if you're late for your appointment at the burn clinic again.

Guy: Aw jeez, Mom.

You must see it to believe!

By CM on Thursday, March 18, 1999 - 07:43 pm:

Yes! I know Red Meat! It appears in weekly newspapers all around the country! My favorite:

Bug-eyed Earl: It's true no man is an island...

(Blank panel)

Bug-eyed Earl: ...but if you take a bunch of dead guys and tie 'em together, they sure make a good raft.

By CM on Thursday, March 18, 1999 - 07:47 pm:

Yes! I know Red Meat! It appears in weekly newspapers around the country. My favorite:

Ted: Say there, kids...what are you two so intent on over there?

Kids: I'm teaching Simon how to count to six (Six! Six!)

Ted: That's good, but why don't you teach him how to count to ten instead?

Kids: But Dad...a grasshopper's only got six legs that you can pick off for counting.

Ted: Then you boys hold on and I'll go get the cat. We're going to learn to count to ten, by God.

Kids: You rule, Dad! (Yaaaaay!)

By CM on Thursday, March 18, 1999 - 07:49 pm:

*trying to climb under a rock from embarrasment*

But screw it, it's true! Those are my favorite strips! And yes, I am an imbecile.

By Jon on Friday, March 19, 1999 - 05:13 pm:

Ha! I know Max Cannon (the creator/artist/twisted fuck behind 'Meat'.) He was my next door neighbor in Tucson for about a year and I got to watch a lot of the seminal strips being created. Nice guy, in a quiet 'How many bodies were in the house?' kind of way. Very dry and funny. My favorite strip-

pannel 1 (dead clown face, eyes closed.) "My brother and I found a dead clown behind our house one day, which was strange because there wasn't a circus in town or anything."

pannel 2 (dead clown face, eyes closed.) "...At first we were kind of sad, until we got a couple of ping pong balls, drew little dots on them and put them where his eyes were."

pannel 3 (dead clown face, eyes wide open)"...And then we laughed and laughed, even though he was dead."

Max is a genius. Rumourmill says he was recently optioned by MTV...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact