Remember me?

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: Remember me?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Christopher on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 06:03 pm:

I see some familiar posters here, and wonder if you remember me? I've been travelling lately in Australia, and turned on some people to this site. Hello Mark thomas, Hello Markus, Hello Nate, Hello RC, Hello BlindSwine (Mr Swine?). Hope the Oatmeal Boys of the world are behaving themselves. Immersed in terminal jetlag, I remain your friend. This is still one of the more compelling places on the web...

By Nate on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 06:13 pm:

By R.C. on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 09:59 pm:

Hey Christopher! Why ya been such a stranger? Don't they have computers Down Under!

So tell us what life abroad has been like. Where in Australia were ya? And for what reasons?

By R.C. on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 10:01 pm:

ROFL!

Nate -- where'd you find that thing? Are you selling them as a sideline or something?

Geeyawd -- I know my allergies get on my nerves. But if I'd pay $49.95 for a nose douche/I need to be committed!

Damn/those pictures were funny!

By Christopher on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 10:03 pm:

Turns out that explosively exiting milk performs much the same function. It took me almost 20 minutes to clean off this damn monitor. Thanks for the "Truth is stranger than fiction" moment...

By Christopher on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 10:22 pm:

I've been in Sydney Australia for the past couple of weeks on business. I'm working for a broadband internet company, and we are going live all over the planet: Sydney, Tokyo,Italy, Spain, Amsterdam and Germany. I started working for them over 1 and a half years ago. The work is great, the personal life is good, so I can't really complain too much. I bought myself a Beetle, and moved out of San Fancisco, so I could be a little closer to work. I didn't realize how much it actually sucked for the most part. Don't get me wrong, if You don't mind spendng $3000 + a month, with no parking, then Its a great place. I just got sick of it all, and decided to settle down from contracts and get myself a "Full-Time" job. I bought myself a condo, paid more than I should have, and am in a nice town on the East side of the San Francisco Bay. I've been seeing someone for the past 3 months, and I'm enjoying the novelty. Serious? Who knows. Lots more stuff too, including a weird trip to Disneyworld where I was almost attacked by a crocodile, and the nightlife in Europe, which is scarier than Bram Stoker portrayed.I'm recovering from a severe case of jet-lag, and continue to step into patches of mental fog. I didn't realize that severe jetlag can also preclude your ability to absorb alcohol, which caused me my first bought of technicolor yawns since my college days. Yech.

I hope that all who remember me are doing well, and are happy. You guys helped boost me up once, and I didn't forget. Peace!

By heather on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 10:28 pm:

This is what should happen:
    After the first few uses, you might experience a slight irritation in your nasal cavity. This is a sign that the clearing of your nasal passages was a necessity. After the next few uses, you shouldn't experience any irritation. With repeat use of the NoriŠ, you will find the experience wonderfully agreeable, healthy and relieving.

the irritation is a sign that it was a necessity

my dad used to tell us a story about a guy that did something similar with some kind of rope

By R.C. on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

Awwww -- that's sweet. (But was I even here when that happened?)

Maybe that'll be Mark's next ad copy for the frontpage:
    "We at Sorabji.com can always be counted on for the best boost for yr internet buck."

Anyway/go sleep off yr jet lag. And no drinking for 48 hrs. We'll all be here when you get back.

I'm off to make myself a drink & watch "Monty Python & The Holy Grail". (Gotta love those $1.50 rentals!)

By Antigone on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 11:35 pm:

I'm getting me one of them nose thingies.

By Isolde on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 11:49 pm:

Nose thingie?

By Markus on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 12:24 am:

Christopher, man - great to see you back. I poasted a question a couple weeks ago if anyone had an email address for you.

To this day the best piece of writing I've ever seen on the Net was the Trelkovski piece in the Old Man thread, which has been tragically truncated in some accient in the ether.

I'm also working in a global telecoms company. What flavor of broadband?

Glad to hear things are going well.

By Nate on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 11:13 am:

If you're still working with the company you were working for when we last chatted, they merged with another company and then FAILED TO HIRE ME.

bastards.

they also don't provide service to my house.

bastards.

i bought a house in the santa cruz mountains. our paths should cross.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact