This is too fucking cool...

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: This is too fucking cool...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 01:56 am:

By Jina on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 03:33 am:

CUTE!! I love the wigglyworm!

I caught frogs today. I haven't done that in SO LONG. I caught this green one too, looked like a tree frog without the buggin eyes. They were all over the place too, and it was weird, cause I was walking around the lake in Olympia complaining how you just don't see them like you use to and it got dark and they started croaking like crazy. It was great.

By agatha on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 03:45 am:

i find that little model disturbing, i picked it up and put it back down and it started limping. i couldn't get it to walk regularly after that. then i felt guilt.

By Spider on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 08:29 am:

Hey, me too. When I grabbed it too roughly by one of its legs, it trembled for a while after I set it down. I felt like I was picking on a little dog or something. Poor little thing.

By semillama on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 11:04 pm:

hey, c'mon, it's a wire frame.

I didn't play with it enough to do much, although i screwed withone until it became a near flat line squirming along, but I just pulled it back up.

By agatha on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 03:18 am:

woman perspective/man perspective. interesting. damn, this new keyboard rocks.

By Antigone on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 05:17 am:

So, what does that make me?

Interesting.

By agatha on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

well, i would guess that you were a man because you didn't mention anything about feeling that you were hurting the little spindly pet. of course, i could easily be wrong. i think i knew you were a man anyhow, though.

By semillama on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 04:16 pm:

That is interesting in the levels of abstraction. I suppose i viewed the constructs more like robots, whereas you viewed it as a critter.

By Nelly on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 04:25 pm:

i'm with the other gals, i couldn't mess with them after awhile because i felt like i was doing damage to something. realized i would have to study the darn design of the thing to get it right and couldn't stand to invest all the time in it and couldn't stand to see them limp and quiver.

By Margret on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 09:37 am:

That, for me, was the best part.

Did you nitwits note that you could add and take away LIMBS from the little darling?

Jeezis, people, don't get cuddly with MATH.

By mistaswine on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 10:57 am:

man, i had that thing flailing around like an epileptic crackhead donkey during a gran mal siezure.

fucking beautiful, that.

now i need to figure out how to make a more anthropomorhpic structure that i can torture during my free time.

thanks, antigone.

you've made my monday.

By patrick on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 12:25 pm:

my inadvertant slow-death-deconstruction-destruction of that creature and it's various forms personifies what i am doing to my life right now.

By semillama on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

Metaphors be with you.

By mistaswine on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:27 pm:

damn.

human locomotion is some complicated shit.

By Margret on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:34 pm:

Patrick, are you ok?

You have been quite bipolar lately.

Are you decompensating?

By mistaswine on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

screw patrick.

what about my anthropomorphic cyber chew-toy?

i can't even get the little bastard to stand on his own two feet and take the abuse.

as soon as i simulate, he just collapses into a puddle of dots and springs.

pfffft.

what a rip off.

By patrick on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:43 pm:

no, margret, i am not ok. thanks for noticing though.

By patrick on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:44 pm:

yeah, screw me, please

By mistaswine on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

shit, i just had a great idea.

you wanna be my anthropomorphic chew toy?

you don't collapse into a puddle as soon as somebody throws a little bit of abuse your way, do ya?

By patrick on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

not lately.....i seem to deserve the abuse, but for obvious reasons i am terrified to lend my self to your evil whims.

By mistaswine on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

huh.

bummer.

By heather on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 03:36 pm:

chew me

uh, did i just say that?

By Bell_jar on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

so what is going on patrick?

By heather on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

he may not want to elaborate to a bunch of relative strangers

By patrick on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 03:49 pm:

indeed, although heather, i don't consider you or the other folks who have been around here for a while strangers....but it's nothing i can get into now, so pardon the self-deprecation, it's just a phase

By agatha on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

for some reason, when the structure trembles and limps, it reminds me of my poor mentally challenged dog, truck.

http://www.torturechamber.com/agatha/truck.html

he's such a good boy.

i think i'm dyslexic today, or something. i need to go outside.

By Rhiannon on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

How did you get yours to move? Mine just stand still or collapse. Though, truth be told, I only just plunked a bunch of dots down in kind of a dog-like shape and drew some lines. I guess you have to put a little more work in it than that, huh?

By Margret on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

Agatha: what is the name of the pee smell removing enzyme? You MUST tell me. I have cat pee issues.

By mistaswine on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 05:39 pm:

it's all about on which masses you place the muscles and how you configure the waveform.

i've got my chewtoy doing the cabbagepatch.

all in a day's work.

this is why they pay me the big bucks.

By patrick on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 06:34 pm:

damn, i got my html-based chia pet doing spread sheets and word processing....she's a cute lil trapezoid too

By J on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 10:28 am:

She is a doll Agatha,if you have a cat or dog pissing all over Spot Shot,that stuff get,s rid of it all.

By agatha on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 01:13 pm:

margret, it's called enzyme plus industrial strength odor control. it works pretty damn well.

j- thanks. she's half dave, too.

By Margret on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 02:13 pm:

so, would i pick this wonder substance up at a healthfood store or a wal-mart (you know, continuum wise)?

By agatha on Thursday, April 6, 2000 - 12:51 am:

i got it at a place called alpha omega, it's kind of a janitorial supply place. it only comes in gallons, i believe.

By spunky on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 03:33 pm:

By spunky on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 03:38 pm:

By heather on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 04:44 pm:

By eri on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 05:22 pm:

Spunky, you don't drink beer! That picture did definately resemble your mom :D

Now I know what to do with the cats so that they can live forever!

By J on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 05:48 pm:

I like how she say's she's a regular girl who just happens to enjoy skinning,and she looks so sweet.

By Dougie on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

Anybody see that Jackass where Johnny Knoxville took his grandmother around to taxidermists to see if they'd stuff her when she died? That was priceless.

By eri on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 07:54 pm:

Yes, we saw that one. It was priceless. Gotta keep Grandma around after she passes. I couldn't stop laughing. Now I know what I want done when I die. You could really haunt your family forever!!!!!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact