man, i can't believe it's 7am...

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: man, i can't believe it's 7am...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Notwolf on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 07:13 am:

lessee...
    Kalliope. (my yin)
    Claudine. (my ghost)
    Cyka. (my temporary obsession)
    Anna Voog. (my curiosity drags me back)
    theforce.net (my geek sticks out)
    sublimedirectory.com (my fault)
    audioether.com (my backyard scene)
    notwolf.com (my ego)
    americansingles.com (my shame)
    fence.tsx.org (my work)
    sorabji (my sidebar)

By Kalliope on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 12:15 pm:

that best not be anacam anna.

although she does have great titties....

By patrick on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 01:34 pm:

she is a hottie

By Notwolf on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 04:04 pm:

theyre ok. too big fer my personal taste, tho.
    i'm a a-b cup kinda guy, but i can certainly appreciate the perfect abundance of the perfect 34C. more than that and it turns a warm eros into rock, paper, sex... or i just lose interest completely.

she's got a kewl shirt that sez "yes, they're fake" on it.
    heh.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 04:16 pm:

Ah, breasts...thou art my bane.

By Notwolf on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 03:16 am:

yours, or elseone's?

By Tired on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 03:28 am:

well, OK, my problem has breasts, but this thread is still not relevant enough. or maybe I'm just not posting cos I'll have to take it all back the next time I see her. Infatuation-induced manic depression.

By Isolde on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 11:37 am:

Tired...out with it.
    Mine. They're a pain in the ass. They really are. Annie and I are thinking of becoming amazons.

By heather on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 03:47 pm:

single breasted?

would that help really?

i remember the time in my life when falling chest-first on the ground became no longer a simple issue.

By J on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

Come on Tired dish that dirt out.Heather how are you?

By heather on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 08:30 pm:

hi j

i am well

busy

tired

like everyone i guess

By Isolde on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 08:57 pm:

We were thinking of being ambidextrous amizons.

By Tired on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 09:32 pm:

oh fine.

I work with her.

There's a lot of work involved.

Amazingly, despite the amount of time I've spent w/ her, I've been J-smooth the entire time.

So how do I ask her out? I mean, lemme see. . .

how to put. . .

the LA-hipster mating ritual involves never letting on that you care one tiny bit. You arrange things so that they're done at a time that would be appropriate for coffee or lunch or whatever, so it's not a date cos it's so convenient. You can pick up the tab, yes it kinda shows that you care but it's more like showing off your financial situation. No talking about your past. No pop culture references.

The reason for the hard attitude is essentially cowardice, you can never really get rejected cos you never really tried, and how can the other person really insult you if she knows nothing about you? Anyway, this isn't how I normally operate, but I've started things this way, she's playing along, and either one of us will have to make a bold move, the kind that hollywood freaks occasionally do that's so outrageous it can be passed off as a joke (see "Syrup" by Maxx Barry, that kiss at the end), or one of us will have to give up the charade at some point, or this can just wither and die.

There are a lot of other factors, but I think if I can figure out how to stay in character until I'm given the go-ahead to be myself (from her, I know you down-to-earth types are going to give me the go-ahead right away), I think I'll be OK.

To anticipate another response, I know that she might not like the real me. But I think she's smart enough to at least know that I'm not being the real me now, so all of this is really just a way for me to get a foor in the door.

By Tired on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

make that "foot"

By Tired on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

never mind

My life isn't a movie. I don't have to worry about consistency and whatnot. Talked to her today, dropped the charade, things are going well.

By Isolde on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

That's good. No one's life is a movie.

By heather on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 07:19 pm:

mine is

By Tired on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 09:25 pm:

[aside, hushed yet frantic] line!

By pez on Sunday, October 29, 2000 - 01:31 am:

in movies, there's not much dirty work in romance. it just happens. it's fate. right now i'm nudging the fates with my foot, telling them to work faster. as in:

i just asked my favortie guy friend/last year's crush out!!! over the internet!!! because i don't have his phone number!!! and i can't stop using exclamation points!!! i don't know why!!!

By Tired on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:35 am:

no, correction. I screwed up.

By agatha on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 11:57 am:

are you going to elaborate at some point?

By Isolde on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:38 pm:

Please?

By Tired on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

we had vague plans. she called and left a message to confirm vague plans. when I got back in touch w/ her, I helped her with work-related stuff for a little while, and asked about our plans, which she then cancelled with a very bad excuse, the kind that usually means "no." I dunno if I said something wrong at some point, if the very bad excuse was valid, or if she just wants to keep me around for my skills. I suppose this might not actually count as elaborating.

By Isolde on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 02:55 pm:

Hrm. I hate it when that happens. It seems to happen a lot, lately, also. Damn.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 12:12 pm:

Charades turn of intelligent girls. Putting on an act is grand when you just wanna get in her pants for a couple of nights....but if you want her to want you...that deep below the surface sort of wanting...

you've gotta spill.

That's what works on me anyway...

makes me remember boys are human and not just creatures with bugs and bumblebees in their heads.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks, K, I needed that. Charades turn anyone off, really, they do.

By Notwolf on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 06:08 pm:

...except other actors.

By Tired on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 08:21 pm:

talked to her today. no signs either way regarding a relationship, but conversation was as if nothing had happened, which is good cos I enjoy her company and wouldn't want my hormones to jeopardize that. There are other girls.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 01:05 am:

Huzaah.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 12:58 pm:

stoopid boy

By Z on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 02:19 am:

kalli...heh.

no, not all of us have bugs and bumblebees in our heads...hehe...that phrase just tickles me. hehe

it's so.....(flourish) cute!

yep.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact