a wild cyber goose chase...

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: a wild cyber goose chase...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Kymical on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 09:37 am:

there is an email i got that said "someone has a crush on you!"
    you know me, hopeless romantic. i was of course interested. said that i had to go to this site and put in the info provided and find out who had a crush on me.

yeah, i should have known, because no one has ever had a crush on me that this was some kind of scam. but i didn't care i indulged myself and went ahead to the site.
    once i got there, it said "you want to find out who your crush is?" i am like fuck yeah i do. maybe this will get me the action i have been looking for. alright.
    and i register like it asks. then it is like now i have to put in someother people's names and addresses and i will get a hint after i put in 5 people's information.
    so i did it. my friendships were worth being ruined by junk mail from this site, if it meant i could find out that someone had a crush on me!
    finally i ask for the hint. and it says "before we can give you a hint you need to register with our sponsor."
    i am not interested in products, i want someone to be in love with me. see me as some sort of out of reach being.
    so i clicked whatever. then it emailed me the hint.
    the crushe's first name has 5 letters.

god damn it. what the fuck is that? i got a second hint it was..
    the crushes' last name has 4 or fewer letters.

fuck these people.
    they made me hate my life just a little more.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 11:25 am:

Aw, Kymical...*hugs* (That *was* pretty funny, though.)

If it's any consolation, we like you a real lot.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

is it...Dubya Bush?

By Kymical on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

<thinking>

well i did just move to austin...

we are like two ships in the night he and i...

wait a second!

i want an abortion and i hate old school family values.

it would never work out.

awww dubya, always wanting what you can not have.

he has already had quite a few addiction, just looking for the perfect one, i am a logical choice.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 11:07 am:

Maple (5) Leaf (4) :0)

By Hal on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 12:56 am:

Thats funny...

No one has a crush on me, so I don't worry about stuff like that.

By Hal on Saturday, February 3, 2001 - 08:07 am:

Ok...

I just got one of those eCRUSH things, and its kinda freaky because well it is the Cyber Goose Chase Kymical made it out to be. I mean I know so many people, most of whom know my email address and yet I don't know theirs, I don't have a sorabji list, I just come here and search for someones if I really need it. So how the hell am I suppose to know who sent me that, and if its someone here in Billings well shit, I'd love to know who it is, but that doesn't help me now does it?

God damnit, life really sucks sometimes.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact