pictures

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: pictures
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By dave. on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 12:24 am:

By dave. on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 12:31 am:

guh. photography.

By patrick on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:49 am:

thats a happy little site.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 06:43 pm:

hey check it.....i gotz me a page on that site

http://photo.box.sk/autor.php3?id=452

go and rate all of my pictures!!!!! I kinda goofed the bio....part of it came from our gallery show press release and i filled in the rest not paying attention to POV.

There are about 8-10 pictures.....they guy put em in strange categories like "glamour" whatever that hell that means.....but hey its free...so im grateful.

some of you have seen most of these, but maybe some havent!

SUPER!

By Div on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 07:27 pm:

One beautiful, one confusing. I'd love to see more

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 07:31 pm:

By dave. on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 07:53 pm:

i don't have any idea what that site does or is i just stumbled across it while looking at some other box sites and liked some of the pictures. after looking into it more, a lot of the pictures are pretty lame, too but i guess that's the nature of art. i think the rating system is kind of cool but i'm not sure what it'll matter if nobody 'important' looks at it.

patrick, you should be a photographer.

By patrick on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 11:58 am:

im tryin. but im kinda pussy about being commercial. i don't wanna be commercial so much as i want to be an artist/journalist. I just shoot what i want....and hope someone takes interest. im starting to think up more essay like projects. The pressure of working FOR someone when im still shakey on some of the technique is not somethign i want to deal with. if i fucl uo the shot, or my 30 year old equip fails, i want to be able to answer to one person....me.

indeed a lot of the images are poop. i don't feel im above that, alot of my images are shallow, i think. but my close friends and wife say i sell my self short everytime. so be it.

yeah...its one sites where i truly feel the person has probably wasted a lot of time. but you know, exposure is exposure.

By patrick on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 12:03 pm:

i think my favorite...is the Cherry Tartes image. we had so much fun that day. i wish i had a tape recorder set up in my studio that day. we had 3 different costumes/sets and in between each set, when they would change, I would sit there and wait and hear things like "does this thong show?" " are my boobs pushed too far up?" "does my ass look okay in this?" "what should i do with my hair" and on and on and on

(what a lucky bitch i am to have 4 gorgeous near naked gals in my presence like that)

the pizza boy shit his shorts walked by the seamless and saw what i had going on.

i think i told that story before.

By droopy on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

this might not be much, but it's the best i've got. my sister just sent me a link to this site - it's her boss's wife's mother's website. her boss is from zimbabwe, but i don't know if that's where his wife comes from. anyway, the front picture and the two when you click "photo" are of my family's homestead in austin.

lola hiutt studios

By patrick on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 01:19 pm:

those are tremendous pictures

By droop on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

i was of that opinion myself. but i'm biased.

By patrick on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

hey any you seattle/WA people heard of a band called The Briefs? good? bad ? playing with my friend formerly of Pop Defect

By dave. on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 03:38 pm:

no but i know suzy hutchinson. old roommate and totaly rad woman. her bro was in pop defect.

By patrick on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

yeah i know nick, the drummer.....they disbanded a couple of months ago, AFTER 20 YEARS!!!!! I think chuck or whatever his name is moved back to seattle....

their last show rocked!!

nick is in a new band called Project K and he sent me an email about the show with the The Briefs.

By Dougie on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

Think that site would welcome my vacation pix of trout I caught, taken with a disposal camera?

By patrick on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 07:45 pm:

maybe

By dave. on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 08:49 pm:

i remember seeing them in '83. one of my very first shows.

pop defect have been around forever. (for ever ever? for ever ever.)

By pez on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 11:16 am:

i just got one of those four-lense cameras, the type that's for taking action shots. i can't wait to have my first roll developed.

By patrick on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 11:56 am:

put one hand of one eye, focus on something.

now switch eyes and focus on the same object.

notice the slight variance the distance from one eye to the other makes. times that by 2.....thats what the four lense will do. same shot, slightly different angle.

By pez on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 11:59 am:

that's true, but the shutters go off at slightly different times. you press the button, and it's a bit of a buzz (and it's not electric, either.)

By Powder on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:40 am:

Here's a photography site that belongs to a friend of mine. Beware, it's big!

www.wordsandphotos.net

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact