some sites i hope never go away

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: some sites i hope never go away
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sorabji on Saturday, January 24, 1998 - 01:29 am:
    most sites do go away, you know.

i hope The Al Goldis Photography Page is not one of them.

The Arizona Department of Transportation WebCams is another.

And the Truckers Roundtable.

And the The Random Yahoo Link, which is my browser homepage.

And I should really print out the Computer Generated Writing site before it goes away.

There is a long gone site made by a guy calling himself Jocho. Any time I think I'm all cynical about how predictable everyone's personal websites are I have only to think of how excited I was about that guy's site, and how I looked forward to his updates.. But he vanished.

Marek Kamiński: Solo in Antarctica still leaves an impression on me, over 2 years later since discovering it while he was trekking to the south pole. That was such a strange way to spend Chsirstmas, knowing that while I was sat there glum and alone someone else in the world chose to spend those months hiking to the farthest corners of the earth on his own.

These are sites I have gone back to for what seems like an eternity. And lately I worry that they will disappear. So I should save them while I can.

By Thankful but hurried on Saturday, January 24, 1998 - 01:44 am:
    Thanks Mark. Is it good for you? As I began to type, shots rang out twelve feet away. Outside my window. This is not cool. The cops are coming.

By Fezziwig pointers to polemafia on Friday, January 30, 1998 - 01:13 am:
    How many times have you been by www.computer.com?
    Pretty much sums the whole situation up, doesn't it?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact