clever A.I. marketing campaign

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: clever A.I. marketing campaign
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gym on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 10:29 pm:

By Spunky on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 11:10 am:

wow, I could spend my whole day there

By semillama on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

That is seriously freaky. Really. It's almost disturbing. Think I may have to see this film.

By Spunky on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

that's how they suckered me into seeing Blair Witch. I ALMOST beleived it (website anyway, not the movie)

By Spider on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:33 pm:

I'm stuck at this website: http://www.aleph-naught.org/index.asp?a=1

It told me that I had to come back in 15 minutes (I had gotten past the first part), but every time I've logged back on since then (and it's been an hour), it tells me I've come back too soon. I cleaned out my cookie cache, but that hasn't helped. This is so annoying.

By Spider on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:38 pm:

OK, I got back in. I got the riddle wrong again.

"I'm thinking of something that Miss Eliza only misses when it's gone. What could it be?"

I guessed air this time. I got this:

Caecilians
    Caecilians, you're breaking my heart
    You're shaking my confidence daily
    Oh, Caecilians, I'm down on my knees
    I'm searching for you in the mud
    In the mud

IDing one afternoon some Caecilians
    Up in my lab room (identifying)
    I got up to get my key
    when I come back to lab
    my caecilians gone free

In the mud

Modification,
    Lost all their limbs,
    Squirm on the floor and I laughing,

Modification,
    Rings of keratin,
    Down on the floor and I'm laughing

all apologies to Paul Simon

------------------------------------------

Clearly, I didn't solve the riddle. Help?

By Spunky on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

i got into the tea room, interesting

By Spunky on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

working on it

By Spider on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

OK, never mind. I did a search on "eliza" "jeanine salla" and found a message board saying that this website wasn't part of the official game and is nothing more than an update of the original Eliza script. (I remember playing with Eliza when I was a kid in my aunt's psych lab...that must have been 15 years ago.)

This game is so cool. You can call Jeanine Salla's voicemail and hear her messages...

By Spider on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:49 pm:

By Spunky on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

this is a lot of fun, I'm gonna have to mess with this tonight after the kids go to bed so I can concentrate on it.
    Only thing is the ld bill

By patrick on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

you are both wasting your time.

By Cat on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 08:24 pm:

Try eyesight, time or opportunity.

By Spunky on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 10:34 pm:

You're showing your narrow vision, cat in the pat

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact