Pirate names!

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: Pirate names!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 08:59 am:

Mine is quite bland, really:

Captain Anne Cash

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!

Note that I'm a captain, however. You know it!

Go here!

By droopy on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 09:46 am:

Your pirate name is:

Mad Jack Kidd

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

i am distantly related to the pirate sir henry morgan.

well, i could be.

prove that i'm not.

By crimson on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 09:47 am:

mine came up as "mad anne kidd"...

"Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!"

By Pilate on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 09:51 am:

Black Jack Bonney

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

By crimson on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 09:54 am:

hmmm, i didn't see droopy's post before i did mine. looks like we're the same kind of pirate. this could have far-reaching implications...

By Czarina on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 09:58 am:

Black Morty Kidd

"Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas,you can be pessimistic at times.Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant,your steadiness and planning make you a fine reliable pirate.Arr!"

I think I'm kin to Crimson and Droopy.Arr!

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 10:26 am:

Here is mine.

Mad Sam Rackham
    Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

By TBone on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 10:51 am:

Mad John Flint

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

By Nate on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 11:37 am:

Captain Jack Read

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even through many pirates have a reputation for not being the brightest souls on earth, you defy the sterotypes. You've got taste and education. Arr!

ARRR!

By Spider on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 11:45 am:

What is this, mutiny? There can only be one captain, and that's me, bub. Suck it in.

By Platypus on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

"Dread Pirate Kidd"

Arrrr.

By pez on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 01:39 pm:

mad anne read.

buggo.

arrR! a pirate's life for me! batten the lashes! or whatever it is they say.

By Nate on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

don't batten your lashes at me, lassy.

it's not a mutiny, cap'n anne. it's a fucking swarthy bar on a shady island with two fair vessels parked in the harbor. you can expect no trouble from me or my mateys.

unless i catch one of yours with his knife to my purse strings. then cutlasses abash ye! we'll slit every last one of you from arse to gullet!

By pez on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 01:53 pm:

no, not lashes, HATCHES!

sorry, my sitcom day was yesterday so today i'm stupid.

By agatha on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

I'm Captain Anne Flint, too. All captains, meet me out in the parking lot after dinner. It's showdown time.

arrrr. or something.

By TBone on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

we best get out our plungers and eye patches.

By Spider on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

"We"? Get back in line, you salty dog -- you ain't a captain.

I'll be there with my saber and pistol (parrot optional, garrot required) at noon. Fear me!

By Nate on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 04:08 pm:

beware, fellow captians. cross me and you are bound to feel the sting of my countless pirate throwing stars.

By Black Morty Kidd on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 04:25 pm:

Hah!Everyone knows pirates don't have throwing stars.You don't scare us,with your cross-gender,Bruce Lee weaponery,impersonation.
    You'll have to do better'n that,to make us stand up and hoist our eye goggle thing,and be worried about what you might throw,at real,fearless,rum-drinking,booty snatching,looting and plundering,one-legged,hook-handed,eye-patch-wearing,parrot-loving,treasure-burying,map-following,odiferous,melanoma-sufferring vegetarians.

By Nate on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

everyone my arse, for what do i have here? pirate throwing stars! i'll drive up in my pirate cutlass and give you need to patch your other eye, i will.

By agatha on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 05:11 pm:

i'll flummox alla yar with my pegleg tied behind my back!

i don't think i'm very good at this pirate stuff.

By Iron Morty on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

Iron Morty Read

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you are that person. Even through many pirates have a reputation for not being the brightest souls on earth, you defy the sterotypes. You've got taste and education. Arr!

Arrrrrrrrgh! Only those of us with th' taste and education have the throwin' stars, mateys! Avast ye, beware!

By Platypus on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 08:52 pm:

There's a resturant here called Cap'n Flints.

They make dreadful food, though.

By moonit on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 02:36 am:

Calico Ethel Kidd

Often indecisive, you can't even choose a favorite color. You're apt to follow wherever the wind blows you, just like Calico Jack Rackham, your namesake. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

ethel? wtf

By agatha on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 02:40 am:

that's the best name so far. calico ethel kidd.

i didn't know how to pronounce calico until i was like twelve. i thought the emphasis was on the i.

By Alex aka Captain James Kidd on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:03 am:

Captain James Kidd

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Heck there sure are a lot of us Kidds around arnt they!

arrrr!

squab the thingys!

By Nate on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

squab the thingys ?

you're about to be forcefully demoted, kid.

By Czarina on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

It seems,us pirates,have somewhat of a small gene pool.I wonder if thats why so many of us are missing eyes,hands,legs,hygiene and diction skills?I always assumed these appendages were lost in battle,but perhaps their abscence is in direct relation to consanguineous matings.EEEEEEKKKK,I don't want to be a pirate anymore.At least not one of that prolific Kidd clan.

Maybe I'll just pick my own name.And this time,I'll be a captain,too.arrr!

Cap'n Matey Booty.......thats my new name.And ya inner bred swine had best fear yer very souls,when ya hear I'm about on the high seas.I've got plenty of them star throwin' thingies,and I've been known to put them where no stars can be seen,on any bloke who trys to steal my booty.You'll not just walk the plank,mates,you'll DANCE the star stepp,off,into the brink!arrrrrr!Avast,now show me your booties,or dance!

Oh,and Moonit,if ye want to crew with me lass,you'll need to loose the Ethel,I just don't see that striking fear into the hearts of many.

Maybe we could have a name the Moonit contest,and find you a more suitable identity,for fear striking,and all?

By droopy on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

i have all my appendages, it's just that some of 'em don't work. y'all can just strap me to the prow and i'll keep screaming aaar! aaar! as we attack unsuspecting vessels.

By droopy on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

remember, i'm mad.

By Capn Matey Booty on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:18 pm:

Alright,good!We've got a masthead,and a mad one at that.arrrr!You'll strike fear into the heart'o'many,mate!

Are ye gonna stay in the Kidd clan,or will ye choose a more suitable name,mate?Will ye take the honor of keeper of the star thingies?We need a man of honor,and I can think of no other to bestow this on.arrrr!

By Spider on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:20 pm:

I love you, droopy. You'll be the first mate.

By Capn Matey Booty on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

[but you're not gettin' double your share of booty!]arrr!

By droopy on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

i think the term is ship's figurehead. as long as you keep the rum coming, you can call me mad jack, made ethel, mad anything.

love you madly, spider.

By Dwarf-Vader AKA HAL on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

Arrrrr. I'll tend the ships Barrrrrrr. And I'll have a parrot that doesn't know any words but swear words Arrrrrrr FUCK.

By semillama on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 02:51 pm:

Iron Sam Bonney

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you are that person. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

By Caity on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:11 pm:

ARRR!! ME NAME IS RED WILLIAM CASH!!!
    i amm the kind of pirate that will always be where the ocean takes me and always follow my fellow mates and never be left behind,rember the rules!!! my motto is
    TAKE ALL LEAVE NOTHING!!!! days g'bye,mateys!!
    RED WILLIAM CASH

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:33 pm:

Hey, anyone know how Pilate and Oswald Jr. are doing?

By Lapis on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:28 am:

Mine's changed.

Iron Mary Flint

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you are that person. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Hm.

How are they? I miss Oswald.

By eri on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 08:39 am:

Your pirate name is:

Captain Bess Vane

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!

I did notice a name or two up there that I miss, too.

By semillama on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 05:51 pm:

By Exploding vagina on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

"Copyright © 2003 Lore Sjöberg."

sweet like candy.

By Spider on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 07:51 pm:

By kazu on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 08:25 pm:

K.A.Z.U.: Killing and Accurate Zoology Unit

K.A.Z.O.O.: Kinetic Artificial Zombie Optimized for Observation

E.L.I.Z.A.B.E.T.H.: Electronic Lifelike Individual Zoned for Accurate Battle and Efficient Terran Harm

E.B.S.I.M.O.N.E.: Electronic Biomechanical Soldier Intended for Mandatory Observation and Nocturnal Exploration

By Lapis on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 02:13 am:

L.A.P.I.S.: Lifelike Android Programmed for Infiltration and Sabotage

P.E.Z.: Person Engineered for Zoology

L.A.U.R.E.N.: Lifelike Artificial Unit Responsible for Exploration and Nullification

I think L.A.P.I.S. is the coolest.

By moonit on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 06:01 pm:

M.O.O.N.I.T.: Mechanical Organism Optimized for Nocturnal Infiltration and Troubleshooting

(hehehe Nocturnal)

M.E.L.: Mechanical Electronic Lifeform

Yeah thats cool

By Laurelindorenae on Saturday, July 3, 2004 - 12:55 am:

I was Captian "Dirty" Ethel Kidd ,

It just said that I was the best captain they've had in years ,because I took time and planned the attacks , but that they wanted to throw me overboard , cause I smelt.lol.

I've actually taken this character so far to heart , that I have copyrighted her as a Pirate character for my stories . She's cool , I like her , and if you want to see a pic I did of her , go here : http://arwen-undomiel.com/potc/fan/Ethel_drawing.jpg , and before she turned Pirate : http://arwen-undomiel.com/potc/fan/Ethel_drawing_2.jpg\

luv ya all !

By Jack Beard on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 06:39 pm:

They call me Jack Beard, Captain of the Information Superhighway. I'm like Black Beard the pirate, and I jack shit, so therefore I have been named Jack Beard. I have a first mate named Smee. Anyways, thought I'd add that. Later...

By Smee on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

it's driving me nuts!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact