most embarassing website in your daily repertoire

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: most embarassing website in your daily repertoire
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spiracle on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 04:31 pm:

Wow, there are so many to chose from...

but, off the top of my head, would have to be the celebrity baby blog so i can see one more picture of britney and kevin's devil spawn..

By droopy on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 06:35 pm:

my most embarassing place would have to be here, because i write stupid things down and they stay here for all to see for years and years.

By wisper on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 06:42 pm:

multiple Livejournal communities i won't even mention.

By Nate on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 06:47 pm:

my
    sp
    a
    ce

oh jesus, i'm so ashamed.

By agatha on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 08:25 pm:

By platypus on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 01:36 am:

Oh, Nate, I feel your pain.

And also I admit I spend an alarming amount of time at fark.com

By dave. on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 01:41 am:

let me clear my throat:

HUFFPO!

BUZZFLASH!

CROOKS AND LIARS!

ahem.

By kazu on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 02:55 am:

www.weddingchannel.com

I post advice about how much one should spend on
    bridal party gifts: "anything less than $300 means
    you HATE them and wish they would die in a fire" and
    I get yelled at and now I have a reputation for having
    "negative energy."

They also didn't like my idea to replace the bouquet
    toss with a kitten toss and no one would give me any
    advice as to how I could keep kittens secured in their
    centerpiece baskets without looking "tied down." (I'm
    thinking fishing wire.) Anyway, one woman begged that
    I come back and explain what I meant by kittens and was
    that slang for some kind of food where I am from?

God I love tormenting brides.

By dave. on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 03:04 am:

i resent any adult expecting a gift for anything. gifts are for kids. or lovers.

By TBone on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:17 pm:

Woot.com

By spiracle on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:28 pm:

went to myspace recently only to find out what some of our friends were fueding over....

gaawwd..what a meat market that place is...
    (i keep going back to check on the drama, however...for um....er...no good reason)

agatha...*sigh* i go to the superficial too..

kazu...that's hillarious..that reminds me of some of the other bbs i've been to...unless you are OUT OF YOUR MIND PERKY..no one will respond to you and "let you in their circles"..i'm embarassed to say i've been to a few home improvement sites where i've had to fake extraordinary enthusiasm to get a friggen response from anyone on laying tile or whatever..and i've had to refrain from posting..because 99% of them would come out too negative....and then where would i be when i needed someone to respond to my home improvment woes.....that's why this place is so great..i don't have to fake perky...

By TBone on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:52 pm:

We all have negative energy here. But we use it for good, never evil.

By Bridal helper on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 09:48 pm:

Catnip will keep them lil kitties sedated until you can fling them into the crowd. No fishing line required.

By Nate on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:02 am:

did i mention my kitten-extravaganza hallucination here?

with the kitten fountains?

By kazu on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:19 am:

i've never seen catnip sedate a cat. ever.

you're trying to sabotage my centerpieces

By Czarina on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:22 am:

I use my negative energy for evil and cunning enterprises.

By Czarina on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:25 am:

Kazu,try chickens.Its easier to tie their feet.
    Plus, they fit in with your barn theme.

By Karla on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 04:36 pm:

its true the effects of catnip can be unpredictable. The chicken idea has potential. You could use their eggs as wedding favors for your guests.

By Nate on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 03:19 pm:

there is someone with my same name. his myspace is the 4th google result when you search for me.

i've got the top three, though, so FUCK HIM.

FUCK YOU OTHER ME.

his age, at the moment, is 23. and mine is 32. oooo creepy. FUCK YOU OTHER ME.

also, we apparently have nothing in common aside from our name.

By sarah on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 04:39 pm:

there is only one nateness.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 05:00 pm:

I guess the most embarassing sites I frequent are the websites where fishermen post about their catches or lack thereof. I do get some good info once in a while, but it is pretty silly.

By wisper on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 05:31 pm:

if you google search for my name, you get over 75,000 hits for the same british model/actress of the same name.
    I'm google safe. It's a nice feeling, let me tell ya.

By Karla on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 07:19 pm:

If you google my name, most of the hits are for a professor of african american studies at Rutgers. I like sharing a name with an academician. Makes me feel smart. There are also several hits for a character in the movie "Texasville." That makes me feel not so smart.

By Spider on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 09:13 pm:

If you google my name, you get, in order:

1. hits from my former job
    2. a hit from a band's website (my once-favorite band)
    3. a hit from a formerly local city paper (about another once-favorite band)
    4. the results of my 5-mile walkathon (1:28:25, but I started, seriously, at the very back of the 5,400-people line, so I'd say that's more like 1:21:25)

5. The strangest one of all -- a Portuguese site that's just a list of names, and one is [the name I used to use as my middle name] [my first name] [my last name] [another last name].
    Frex: say my name was Arabella Cavalli, and since I don't have a middle name, I liked to use Livia as a middle name....this site has LIVIA ARABELLA CAVALLI CONCEPÇION. Strange.

The most embarrassing site in my daily repertoire is Television Without Pity.

By Spider on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 09:14 pm:

Oh, yeah, and MySpace. Except it's blocked at work, so I can only check it at our priest's house when he's gone. Which he is this week, so...yeah.

By TBone on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 12:43 am:

Searches on my name return a high school track star, a successful businessman (several businesses known as the <my name> Companies) and a scam artist who got caught. I plea-bargained a two year sentence for wire fraud.

By droopy on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 02:17 am:

i was amazed. my search yielded a software inventor, vedic astrologer, dual certified personal trainer, and an international artist and sculptor.

By moonit on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 02:34 am:

I am a tennis player, a producer and the forth one down is actually me. Freaky.

Thats with my full first name.

With my nickname (Mel) I am a bishop. Freaky.

Andrew is a photographer, a bank officer, a professor, a writer for the NY Times (teehee) and I found the geekiest home page that isnt him but I teased him anyway.

By kazu on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 03:22 am:

1. doctor
    2. someone from Maine
    3. me
    4. me
    5. me
    6. me
    7. someone who entered FDA dockets ?
    8. A learning disabled teacher
    9. someone who donated to an arizona women's
    foundation
    10. me
    11. two other people. one has my first name and another
    my last and they are listed together
    12. President of a university's Geology club
    13. gynocologist in Arizona, probably the aforementioned
    dr.
    14-20. same doctor
    21. same doctor, contributed about $2250 to the obgyn's
    women's health PAC

By droopy on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 03:31 am:

i forgot: i also appeared in the 1988 "sci-fi tearjerker 'mac & me'", where i played "technician #3".

By moonit on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 05:47 am:

my name is also used as a character on a show. that was pretty freaky.

By platypus on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 11:26 am:

1. Actor
    2. Personals profile
    3. Personals profile
    4. Movie review (one of the characters has my name)
    5. Hobo king
    6. Comic book reviews
    7. Another hobo king
    8. Me, surprisingly
    9. Baseball players
    10. More baseball

There are 743,000 returns for my name.

By semillama on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 11:35 am:

1.Music director for Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
    2.Doctor
    3.IT staff member
    4. Director of Pearson Ethics Initiative
    5. Artist
    6. Dresdon Dolls fan art submitter
    7. Doctor
    8 Doctor
    9. my Amazon.com profile
    10. British TV and Film producer, notably "Ghostwatch Live"

1,880,000 returns.

By Nate on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 11:40 am:

if i put my name in quotes, there are four returns.

1. me
    2. me
    3. me
    4. me

the first two are my website, the second two are other people's websites.

By agatha on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 08:14 pm:

By agatha on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 08:27 pm:

My first and last name in quotes...

1. I am a ten year old singer whose site is under construction.
    2. I have a tripod page with my hobbies: golf, football, music, and school. pictures indicate that I am a male in my early to mid twenties with some sort of sports tattoo above my left breast.
    3. I made a woodcut for a printmaking exchange (this is really me).
    4. I am a DP/steadicam operator for East Coast Cine Services.
    5. I have an imdb profile- I was on the crew for "Crossing Jordan" and a Steven King miniseries.
    6. I am a dead, formerly abused child in Oklahoma. the legal system failed me.
    7. I have a sweet 1958 Chevy truck. nice!
    8. I am a tennis player, as well. it appears I am quite good.
    9. I am a redheaded model born in January of 2004. my parents are evil, greedy childpimps.
    10. I am a family attorney in Helena, Montana.

By sarah on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 10:06 am:

1. me

1a. me

2. me on fray

3. me on enterzone

4. me on jambands

5. a geneological search result, born in 1842

6. a geneological search result, born in 1859

7. me

8. me on mirror project

9. me again

10. me

11. an basketball player at Bluffton

12. the basketball player again

13. me

14. me (a letter i wrote to the USDA)

15. baksetball player

(this is kinda interesting...)

By wisper on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 08:57 pm:

i never fully understood what del.icio.us is for.
    It's....bookmarks? saved online instead of your computer?

By agatha on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 12:43 am:

Basically! Only, you can share them and have community del.icio.us folders that multiple people add to, and you can add "tags" that help to organize your bookmarks, and and and...

I like it. I didn't understand it for a while, either. You've just got to get on there and give it a try.

By agatha on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 05:42 pm:

So, what are all y'all's names on myspace? I'm agathafrye.

By kazu on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 10:57 am:

saucyintellectualtart

By semillama on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 01:06 pm:

semillama

of course. I can't be bothered to be original enough to come up with something different.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 11:21 pm:

Thanks, guys. What about the rest of you slackers?

By lapis on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 11:29 pm:

googling my given name...

there's a female basketball player at ucla and ucsb with my same name and most of the listings are devoted to her. there's also a hippie therapist woman who writes poetry and sells jewelry. also some entries about tennis, softball and a flautist.

i stopped after 10 pages without seeing a single reference to myself.

lapis pezuli is all me.

as far as the myspace goes, look for lapis, agentlapis and superteenagemakeoutdanceparty

By wisper on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 12:42 am:

i avoid myspace. I'm an LJ whore and always will be.

By Margret on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 03:39 pm:

i can't find you on myspace, agatha. i'm most easily found via my email address...but i've used my real name and all. googling my name returns and "are you sure you spelled that right" kind of nudge from google; googling my first and middle initial and my last name plus some keywords yields actual references to my single academic publication. googling my email address gets me here.
    i read fark a lot. i check myspace too often. i don't have any really good ones, but i'm always looking for safe for work timekillers.

By V on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 08:23 pm:

v did a name check on v,s real name,I came out as the best Scottish football player in the world.,we did a switch from Kucheck to Hamilton 90 years back,it was the only way we could get a job,as no "foreign bastard" would be given a job in Great Britain,so,my Grandparents walked 500 miles north to Scotland,and got a real awesome job,in the coal mines,18 hours for a 1/4 buck a day.,and bring your own pick and shovel.The girls also got jobs,in loom factorys, "try not to fall asleep on the loom,girls,as you will get mashed to pulp by the machine",happy days,uh?

By agatha on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 01:15 am:

Kazu and Sem, neither of y'all are coming up for me. Margret, I found you. Wisper, WHATEVER.

By kazu on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 09:26 am:

agatha, I added you. you can find sem under my friends.

By kazu on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 09:30 am:

I also added you as a flickr contact.

By agatha on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 04:22 pm:

I see you on flickr, but I still don't see you on myspace. I usually get a message requesting to be added as a friend.

By kazu on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 07:53 pm:

what about now?

By agatha on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 07:13 pm:

got it!

By J on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 02:32 am:

I have a myspace account but it's bogus and says I'm a 25 year old male,I set it up because I found my firstborn grandson there and I haven't seen nor heard from him in over three years.

By V on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 06:42 pm:

j,so find him,do it..now.j,,,dont be like v,childless,go give em a hug,for v,whatever.,do stuff v cant do,look,I WANT YOU TO WIN.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact