How fast do you type?

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: How fast do you type?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 05:14 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 07:45 pm:

Spider, with your 10 finger and 10 toes probably yield about 150 w.p.m. ,how about that?

By Spider on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 08:26 pm:

I think my toes would gum up the works.

How fast do you type?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 08:30 pm:

Well 40-55 w.p.m., I wasn't that good in my high school days.

By semillama on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 09:18 pm:

49 words a minute, 2 mistakes. not bad for having no form.

By moonit on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 11:15 pm:

76wpm :) catchin spider!

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 11:32 pm:

Liar! (Hee Hee)

By sarah on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 11:33 am:

82 wpm, 1 error

my dad types 90-95 wpm

By Nate on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 05:25 pm:

87, 2 errors
    82, 1 error

By platypus on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 06:11 pm:

96, one error. But I think my natural typing speed is probably a little bit less frenzied.

By agatha on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 12:59 am:

65, no errors. Hmmmph. I'm pretty sure I type faster than that.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 10:59 am:

i'm not sure how accurate it can be, because in real life you don't type random words like that, you type sentences with punctuation.

By platypus on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 11:56 am:

Well that, and they are commonly used words, so people who type a lot are probably going to be familiar with typing them.

By agatha on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 12:46 pm:

I TYPE A LOT. hmmmph.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 12:48 pm:

and it doesn't find your average wpm speed. just how many of _these_ words can you type in one minute.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 09:49 pm:

i know this is the wrong thread, but Nate, what's your new job? anything good?

By Nate on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 10:25 pm:

i haven't started yet, but i think it will be good. you get a lot of time off, and massages every other week.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 11:11 pm:

are you working at a spa?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 12:01 am:

no, it's a tech company.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 11:02 pm:

what's up with the art house / website stuff?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 11:20 pm:

it stalled a little when my partner's wife had a baby. we're working on some updates right now. two of the artists are putting finishing touches on new albums.

and some secret plans.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact