lego.....

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: lego.....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spiracle on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:30 pm:

By sarah on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:36 pm:

spiracle, hi.

page not found.

how are you?

By spiracle on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:58 pm:

so strange...hmm..second time around and i got the same 'not
    found'....i tried putting in "lego" in the search and it popped
    up..oh well..it was cool...

google: i lego n.y.

i am apparently not the link-master :)

doing fine..how are you?

i haven't kept up much with these boards, how is your little one?

By platypus on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:06 am:

By sarah on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:24 pm:

those are so creative, i love it.

Turducken is 16 months old now, and i'm pregnant with baby girl #2, due in June. i posted on Facebook a video of her dancing. my sister (who has three kids under 5 years old) made a comment about how my living room now looks like hers.

i love that my living room (and less so the Turducken's room) looks like a chaotic toy store. it doesn't bother me at all that her toys take up so much space, in fact, it seems very cheerful and makes me smile.

it's fun to watch her dump the container of blocks on the floor and then windshield wiper her hands and feet across the pile so that they scatter to the corners. at the end of the day we pick everything back up (she's too little to do it herself yet), organize it neatly on her play mat, and then she gets to do it all over again the next day.

are you still in Houston? what's new?

By spiracle on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 05:02 pm:

sarah, congratulations! june?! you're almost there....what is the
    biggest surprise, so far, about motherhood?

I think you must embrace the chaos and clutter or else you'd
    drive yourself crazy, eh?

Yep, still in Houston...new? hmm..seriously, not much...

still have a gaggle of pets creating lots of furballs on a daily
    basis..being quite domestic lately, house, garden..
    running into lovely little creative things here and there and angry
    at myself for being too lazy to do any of it myself...i feel like i
    need to exercise that muscle before it atrophies...

i am never in a big hurry for anything which causes me to
    procrastinate everything..and i mean EVERYTHING...story of my
    life....it just passes by... i feel like i am spending my whole life
    contemplating why this is...why i can't react first and think
    later..(besides my mouth, which ironically, works the other way
    around)

By sarah on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 05:08 pm:

there's definitely a sweet spot to be found between laziness and busyness.

you see it as procrastinating and life passing by, but i envy your ability or your choice to let things go. the other side of that isn't much fun, and that's a ridiculously hectic life of trying to take care of everything all the damn time and always be trying to accomplish one goal or another. it seems like lately that describes our household, and it's exhausting.

most everything about motherhood has been radically surprising. the most surprising thing of all in my experience so far is the intensity of the highs and the lows, the rawness and power of the emotional attachment. it's a huge, glorious, sometimes suffocating love that dwarfs the importance and relevance of everything outside of the realm of family by comparison.

interestingly enough, inside of what feels like a very dramatic state of being is an unsurpassed depth of peacefulness, patience, and compassion i never knew was inside. granted it has yet to be tested by the Terrible Twos. they change so much so fast, which makes time seem to speed along even faster than usual, but all the while there are these slow motion moments in day to day life, and i find i can appreciate so much more the juiciness and of those moments, and re-experience the simplicity of childhood again.

pardon if i make motherhood sound like a zen bed of roses, because it's a hard fucking job too. but that is no surprise at all.

By spiracle on Monday, April 6, 2009 - 04:52 pm:

Sarah:

I really appreciate your thoughts on motherhood...thanks for
    sharing...I think not enough people are in touch with their
    lives, in general and are just going through the motions (or
    just appear to ? maybe it's all that lack of sleep)...i can tell you
    aren't......

why i can let things go by? in general, a combination of being
    lucky enough to have most of the people around me not
    putting too much pressure on me-myself included...and
    somewhat getting over what the big fat world thinks of what I
    should be doing...that's an ongoing inner struggle...

i guess, also, i tend to keep the people that i am particularly
    close to, limited....which can be a bit more peaceful but also a
    bit lonely at certain times...

I admire you for being a mom...i imagine it's possibly the
    hardest thing in life...

By sarah on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 05:19 pm:

i'm not sure it's so hard for everyone. maybe it depends on how seriously you take the job, or rather, maybe it depends on your level of commitment.

making the commitment has been very liberating. and i guess not just the commitment to my daughter, but my marriage too. committing to them hasn't made me feel at all limited or boxed in. it has freed me from nearly all existential questioning. it has liberated me from a selfishness bordering on narcissism.

this little person didn't ask to be brought into the world. i feel like it's my responsibility to do right by her. to me that's much more than loving her and keeping her safe. that's what makes it so hard. if i didn't care so much, i'd think that motherhood would be nothing more than a new set of chores added on.

By Danielssss on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 11:36 pm:

And I still have your picture of the Fire Crater in my box of tricks, and you still are the same wonderful human being you were then. Your child-ren will be so very lucky to have such a mother. I understand the freedom from selfish me-centered pursuits. One of the many reasons why I will be getting married June 20 in the medicine circle here. To simplify and to be free.

Just wanted to add that Sarah...

By sarah on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 - 05:40 pm:

thanks for that, Daniel.

congrats on your pending nuptials.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact