Kaya, the Plum Headed Parakeet

sorabji.com: Obscure Classical Composers: Kaya, the Plum Headed Parakeet
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 01:10 pm:

if he's a stoner, it's accidental.

Kaya's musical ability is progressing. In addition to his initial voicings (the shrill SHREEE and the mumbled shrshrshrSHR shrshr,) he's added the ubiquitous wolf whistle, the TOK TOK TOK titter, the beep of the telephone and (most recently) the mew of the kitten.

i've decided to try to get him to say "FULL OF GRACE", like holy mary in John Water's "PECKER". making this decision is the most action i've taken on this matter.

he still prefers a heavy low-end. Dirty funk seems to be his big thing, followed by anything that rocks heavily. His improv is increasing in complexity, and his musical intuition seems to improve day to day.

take a listen to "Hit it and Quit" or "Super Bad" and try to figure out how you would comp it with wolf whistles and phone beeps. you can't. it takes a Kaya mind.

but this is all just fun and games. Kaya has also been doing a bit of work with the studio's latest band effort. if you get your hands on a pre-release recording, put some headphones on and you'll hear him. he appears on nearly every track.

By Semillama on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 08:24 pm:

can't wait!

By Agatha on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 10:12 pm:

i want you to send me a tape. i thought i recalled you saying that kaya sang more when there was marijuana smoke in the air, did i make that up?

By Nate on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 02:38 pm:

i thought drugs and sex were officiall taboo.

he does get into the jamming spirit more often when clouds fill the air... but then, don't we all
    ?

By Swine on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 05:31 pm:

sex
    god
    drugs
    sex
    god
    drugs
    sex
    drugs
    god
    sex
    drugs
    sex
    sex
    SEX
    DRUGS
    SEX
    DRUGS
    VIRGIN MARY FULL OF ASS!
    VIRGIN MARY FULL OF ASS!
    VIRGIN MARY FULL OF ASS!
    VIRGIN MARY PASSING GAS!
    VIRGIN MARY SMOKED MY STASH!
    VIRGIN MARY IN MY ASS!
    ass full of apples.
    butt full of sunshine.
    rooty tooty booty.

the sex in your soul
    will damn you to hell.

(sex)
    (drugs)
    (sex)

By Waffles on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 05:34 pm:

he's rather surly as of late

By Agatha on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 07:14 pm:

I DID NOT SAY SEX AND DRUGS ARE TABOO. you are putting words in my mouth. i just think it gets old sometimes.

leave me alone.

By Spiracle on Friday, October 8, 1999 - 11:50 am:

i hate to be a wet blanket here..but..bird's respitory systems are way more sensitive than ours..

but i'm sure you knew that..and are watching kaya's inhalation..
    tell her to hold her breath..

By Agatha on Friday, October 8, 1999 - 11:43 pm:

taboo is one of those words that looks like it is spelled wrong, no matter what. just a little bit of smoke will make kaya sound like a billy holiday style chanteuse.

By Nate on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 12:13 pm:

i am very aware of Kaya's super efficient respitory system. nothing is ever blown in his direction.

but, since he does have a super efficient respitory system, i am sure what rises into ambiance has some affect.

he's a happy bird.

so agatha -- the old are taboo? i'm a little lost.

By J on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 02:35 pm:

My friend Bruce has a macaw and a pink and grey cockateel,they are his babies and he cooks for them better than he does for himself,but he won,t party much anymore cause he takes care of them so well,also he won,t go on vacation because of them,he works in a beauty salon,he won,t take them to work because of the chemicals.

By Nate on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 02:56 pm:

i don't go in beauty salons myself, for the same reason.

By Agatha on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 04:57 pm:

don't push me cuz i'm close to the edge

(it's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how i keep from going under...)

the old are not taboo. let's talk about your mom. better yet, let's talk about my mom.

By Nate on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 05:13 pm:

cool. how is your mom?

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 12:05 pm:

she's doing really great. now that grandma has passed, she has been concentrating her energies on my cranky dad, whose vision is impaired from a stroke several years ago. she has been doing a lot of babysitting for my sister jenny's kids- austin, who is three; and abigail kate, who is about four months old.

she still find time for her good friends joyce and tullie, and her beloved garden club, although she has stepped down from the presidency due to lack of time.

boy was she ripped when the workmen putting in the new septic tank ruined her side yard garden! i think her nightly glass of wine has turned into two or three glasses, and i say good for her.

how's your mom doing?

By Nate on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 03:53 pm:

My mom is doing well. I visited the parents a few weekends ago. I helped them remove three 16 year old redwoods from their front yard. Someone else did the hard part, but we cleared the yard and stacked the logs in the back of the house.

That was kind of sad. The trees were beautiful, but the roots were becoming a danger to the foundation of the house. You have to be especially careful of your foundation in earthquake country, as I imagine you realize.

Their garden is doing very, very well. They've been really into the backyard these past five years or so. They designed and built a redwood deck and then tore up the rest of the yard. Remodeled it with gravel and flagstone paths and mounds covered in local, drought resistant plants. It's really quite peaceful now, i like to wander around the crushed gravel paths (the sound is pleasing to me.)

An interesting aspect of the yard layout is that the flagstone path is shaped like a giant cock and balls when viewed from a second story window. I guess it is mostly my father who gets a kick out of this, but I've seen both of them show off this feature with pride.

Mom is keeping busy with her most recent job, which is at a large telecommunication hardware company in town. She has also been doing a lot of furniture refinishing: redoing all the furniture my brother and I wrecked when we were younger. Right now she's working on restaining a wood frame couch. She's already done numerous dressers and shelves, and a convertable sewing machine/table thing. Everything she works on comes out looking better than it ever originally looked.

Aside from that, she has redeocrated my brother's old bedroom, and the old office (my dad moved the office into my old bedroom.) The old office is now a "kids room," complete with stuffed bunnies and bunny and ducky sheets and children's books. It took me a while to realize why she would decorate a room in her house as a "kid's room." My brother must have turned on something in her by squeezing out his little one. Er, his wife, rather. She did the squeezing.

So how does your mom's garden grow? Does she do vegetables?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact