Stuck in hell (IOWA)

sorabji.com: Where are you?: Stuck in hell (IOWA)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By FETIDBEAVER on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 11:25 pm:

Vacation is over, back in Iowa, Please kill me. I hate this fuckin' place. Funny thing is I was born and raised here, but I feel at home in Los Angeles. I called the real estate agent to help find a place in CA and sell my house here. I'll go crazy in the mean time.

I
    O =idiots out wandering around
    W
    A

By Antigone on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 12:11 am:

Where in Iowa, BEAV?

By FETIDBEAVER on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 07:46 am:

Burlington, but it doesn't matter it's all the same.

By J on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 01:36 pm:

Waffles and I were wondering about you,glad your back on the board,sorry your in Iowa.

By Pamela on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:09 pm:

FB -- My husband was born in Iowa (I think it was Fairfield). He moved to Missourri when he was 5 then to California when he was 15 and then back to Iowa when he was 20. He stayed there for a few years and came back to California when he was 23. I don't remember where he was living the second time he lived there, but I do know that he worked for the former couple Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr at the Big Food Diner. He also worked as one of their security guards. He had quite a commute if I remember correctly. He says that Tom Arnold was pretty cool, but he always had to have everyone's attention. But Roseanne, she was a bitch. Or so that is what he says.

His dad still lives there. We're supposed to go out to Iowa next summer and see him. I am not really looking forward to going to Iowa. From what I can tell it looks very -- uh -- boring? Dull? Anyway, I just don't think I'd like it there. Brad (my husband) says he will never live there again.

My father-in-law, Wally, loves tractor pullin'. I have no idea what the hell that is, but that is what he does for fun. What is there to do in Iowa? Is it really hot there in the summer? I think I remember Brad saying that it was. Ugh, I am not looking forward to next summer.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:31 pm:

If you like hunting, fishing, stock car race, sitting in the local bar drinking and gossiping this is the place for you. I HATE THAT SHIT!!! I like living in a place so big that nobody knows you and no one cares. There is a saying about small town living that is very true..."If you don't know what you're doing, your neighbors do" This is my last winter here, my last stretch of dark grey skies for months........SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! now you got me worked up! Wally...tractor pulls.....huh...what the fuck!!! Pamela take my
    advice, wait till dark and make a break for it....save yourself....run and hide now!!!!

By Pamela on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:38 pm:

ROTFLMAO

Where are you moving to? California?

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

Spring, as soon as the kids finish this grade.
    Back to LA.....GOD'S LAND

By Pamela on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:54 pm:

lol

At least you'll be back in California. Anything's got to be better than Iowa.

Cool, you'll get to hang with Waffles and shit like that. Sounds like fun.

I'm moving to Sacramento in about a week or so... I'm not sure what I'm gonna think about it b/c I've lived in the Bay Area all my life. Nothing but moderate temps for me. I'd better get to likin' the heat 'cause it's supposed to get really hot up there. And really cold during the winter. The place we're moving into has a fireplace though. I hope the cat doesn't get into it...

Anyway, congrats on getting out of there this spring.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 07:28 pm:

I have an uncle who lives in San Jose and runs the lab at some hospital up there. I would go see Waffles but I'm afraid he'll shoot me :o) (see the church shooting thread if you didn't get that)

p.s. we do have lightening bugs here, but no blow fairies :o( (waffles can explain)

By Waffles on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 07:40 pm:

don't threaten me beav

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 07:52 pm:

Or?.....ya won't send the blow fairy? :o(

By J on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 06:44 am:

I know a fairy that blows,but I,m not one to gossip,you didn,t hear that from me.

By Pink eye on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 10:03 am:

Golly gee whiz, Beave, I didn't know you were stuck in IA for the time being. Burlington has to be MUCHO better than Boone. I had 3 years of pure hell and I mean PURE hell there in Boone IA. Short synopsis: lost interest for education at the local juco, first factory job making hydraulic hoses...got fired( 1st time for that, long story, they were asses ), two ex-fiances( even longer story ), was fucking a hot 15 year old( I was 21, parents didn't take kindly to that shit ), DUI that equalled 2 arrests( the second was my father's doing, seemed ligit, but no ), rehab due to the drunk driving( month and a half stint ). There could be more, but I was smoking my guts out on weed and probably don't remember and most likely don't wish to. Oh, I did manage to move 3 times in one year, in the same town.

God forsake those who venture into Iowa! Don't even travel thru there. Let ye be warned.

I did go to the stock car races and lived at one bar. Iowa has a nasty mojo that sucks you in and lebotomizes you.

Be afraid, be very afraid...

By Fetidbeaver on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 04:17 pm:

You speak the truth ol' wise one. All others be warned!

By the way where does the Pink Eye live now?

By Semillama on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 05:49 pm:

man, every one talks about Iowa, but I'd rather live there than Mississippi or Alabama, or Kansas.

Some states are so frightening you don't want to even think about them.

Anyway, I have a good friend who lives in Iowa City and she likes it. Of course, there's a good music scene there, so that means there's always something going on. I can imagine small town Iowa is about as bad as small town Wisconsin.

By Fetidbeaver on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 05:58 pm:

Yeah, the reality is a small town anywhere is hell. Iowa City is ok but still; cold, hot, depressing grey skies all winter etc....

By Pink on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 08:38 pm:

me thinks me lives in WI, i think...

By Semillama on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

Fuck the Packers! Lions all the way baby!!! HA hahahahaha

i hate the packers. no make that their rabid fans. I think it might be less annoying if they were in yuor face about it, but they just plaster every flat surface with packers stickers. fuck.

By Waffles on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 03:24 pm:

tonight, i have a grudge match with a dallas fan...they are playing my hometown falcons......the winner gets a lap dance at cheetahs.........up to the rustic inn we shall go....20wings and a pitcher of beer for $10...standard fare

By Simon on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 05:18 pm:

Amen, Waffles. Hating the Cowboys is not just an opinion, it's a religion.

By J on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 06:33 pm:

I thought the Cowboys were all in jail?

By Waffles on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 07:03 pm:

notice they all have probation bracelets, FUCKWADS......i think falcons lost their aging quarterback......its in dallas....it's gonna be tough......but you gotta hate the cowboys.....OH and ANY team from Denver or colordao too........I predict Denver will suck a fart out of whats his face's ass to get him to come back......fuckers can't even throw a complete pass anymore.....KC kicked their ass of all teams yesterday

By Pink on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 11:02 pm:

The Bears are gonna take the NFC central, baby!

I hope Favre dies in a firey car crash, fuckin' hillbilly.

By Gee on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 12:37 am:

You never see people take this attitude with figure skating.

"Die Scott Hamlton, die!!"

By Pink on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 01:03 am:

Yeah, right! Die Hamilton! Triple Lutz king my ass.

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 01:35 pm:

obviously i lost.....i hurt.....i knew i should have cashed his lap dance this friday but the wifey somehome suckered me into going after the game. spent way too much money, drank way too much and i noticed my nose is sore.....I don't recall getting into a fight.....

ah right, refrigerator/freezer door in the nose...right right right

By J on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 02:09 pm:

Well that answers my question on another thread,buttermilk helps.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 12:29 am:

I like Scott Hamlton. I just wanted to make that very clear. He - R O C K S .

By Dont wanna goto IOWA on Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 07:48 pm:

ALL FLATLANDERS EITHER WASTE AWAY IN USLESS STATES OR MOVE TO THE LEFT COST!!!!!!

By Jay on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 08:06 am:

No one in California calls the west coast the "left coast". in fact it's about the lamest thing you can say. that and calling san francisco "frisco".

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 11:07 am:

Would somebody do check and see where Don't wanna go to IOWA's posting originated? Thanks.

By Dougie on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 11:47 am:

Did a reverse lookup -- he's
    1cust206.tnt1.morristown.tn.da.uu.net
    Morristown, Tennessee?

By Dougie on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 12:02 pm:

Or NJ

By Fb on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

THANKS

By Steve on Thursday, February 5, 2004 - 01:27 am:

Hey, I was born in Ottumwa and I loved it till I was nine. I now live in dirty end (Southern) California that really sucks. Air so thick with shit you can't breathe, trash everywhere. Grafitti on everything, a million illegal Mexicans taking all the jobs, a bunch of fags everywhere, Hell I wish I was back in Iowa!

By semillama on Thursday, February 5, 2004 - 10:17 am:

I'm sure the livestock miss your tender affections, too, Steve.

By Laughing on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 05:24 pm:

hey fetidbeaver. reverse lookup me you little coward and then come pay me and the son of the woman you threatened on this site. we can all have us a nice shit chat. we will chat and you will shit.

By semillama on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

By Laughing on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

sorry for your loss semillama. how well did you know this guy? I know him well enough to know he left this world a better place by having left it. if he had not gone when he did he probably would have been sent.

By E on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 06:28 pm:

gofuckyourself

By Laughing on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 06:45 pm:

Go back and read this lunitic's postings! John was a nut case, lier, a thief and a child molester. He simply was not a very nice person. He threatened to hurt, harass and kill people he did not like. He even said he wanted to piss on the graves of an entire family! who's pissing on who's grave now?

By V on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 11:11 pm:

...dont know about the rest,but v would not piss on you if you were on fire.

By Laughing on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 12:30 am:

sounds like V has an ego problem. spend a day with me a get humbled.

By E. on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 12:35 am:

Are you going to light him on FIRE?

By Laughing on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 12:42 am:

thats a good one E. did you think of it all by yourself or did your mommy help you?

By kazu on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 12:49 am:

allbymahselfs

By Antigone on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 02:23 am:

So, Laughing, tell us about the beaver.

Be specific.

By Laughing on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 11:00 am:

antogone, i have forgotten most of what i once knew about the guy. he was very outspoken about his opinions as you already know. we didnt know why he was on the potential witness list, so we had him investigated. we had a witness ready to testify about his character if necessary, but it wasnt. he eventually posted some comments on our web site and i responded, but nothing remarkable sticks in my mind other than he was another family member that chose to believe in something instead of taking an objective look at the evidence. i wonder if he believed everything the government told him or just this once.

By Chosen One Returns on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:12 pm:

By Nate on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:50 pm:

actually Tokyo is the most expensive city to live in.

and not too many jews, there.

but a whole bunch of grownups who like poopy jokes.

By V on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 09:42 pm:

Nate,good postings,keep going.

By Chosen One Returns on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 02:31 am:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact