I was in New Jersey

sorabji.com: Where are you?: I was in New Jersey
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

I flew into Newark Airport, Monday the 1st.
    I now believe I have seen the worste airport in the country.
    I stayed in Freehold for software training.
    One night after class, the Norwegian (he just moved here in February) told us about a resteraunt called Maroons??? I think.. It was on the Atlantic Sea Board. Awesome food. We saw the lights that were used for the Twin Towers.
    We stood on Sandy Point or Sandy hook, and could see a suspension bridge and the lights. It was breath taking.
    The thing that shocked me was a radio station. I think it was based in NY NY. It was a talk station, 102.7 or 102.3 fm
    Damn I have never heard anything like that on the radio before.

By dave. on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:35 pm:

was it stupid, testosterone fueled potty humor and innuendo? we have one of those here. except for lionel and loveline, it's like spring break mentality, neandertal male idiocy from 1 am until 7 pm every day.

and these folks vote.

was it winston churchill who said something like, "the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"?

crap. i'm despairing again.

By spunky on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 12:24 am:

yes, that would be it

By heather on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 05:37 am:

i spent the night in newark airport

i rode those golf carts with some boy

he was really hoping that there would be a hotel open

but there wasn't
    silly boy

By Platypus on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

I've slept in that airport too. Fancy that.

Although I didn't listen to any dumb talk shows. We have enough of those around here. (Housemate loves to listen to them, also. grmph)

By patrick on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

i think most major markets have them.
    i know in NYC Stern is on KROQ. Here he is on 97.1, some dumbass talk radio. That is just as dave describes. They feature this one ass monkey in particular that used to be provocative when he actually spoke about real topics, Tom Lykus. I stopped listening to him years ago, so who knows if he's stil on, but as I recall he is big up in the Seattle area.

By agatha on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 02:16 pm:

I HATE TOM LYKUS. HATE HATE HATE.

By patrick on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 05:48 pm:

yeah he's a prick all right.

By semillama on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

Today, the stern crew was talking about their
    picks for celebrity boxing and Stern wanted to
    get O. J. in a match with anybody. He missed
    the obvious choice, though, which I would
    dearly love to see:

O. J. vs. Mark Fuhrman.

By J on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 03:13 am:

Right on:)

By Fester on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 07:44 am:

O.J. and Robert Blake take on William Shatner and Gary Condit. Now that I'd like to see.

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 09:10 am:

That was probably Opie and Anthony, spunky. Fucking no talent losers who laugh a little too hysterically at their own jokes, methinks.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact