This is an official PSA

sorabji.com: Where are you?: This is an official PSA
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunk on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:18 pm:

This Public Service Message is brought to you by me.

Are you registered to vote?

Please note:

To register in Texas you must: be a citizen of the United States; be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made; be at least 17 years and 10 months old (you must be 18 to vote); not be finally convicted of a felony. (Felons regain the right to register when pardoned, after receiving a certificate of discharge from the appropriate correction institution, or after completing a period of probation.); have not been declared mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law.

To register in New York you must: be a citizen of the United States; be a resident of the county, or of the City of New York, at least 30 days before an election; be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form ( Note: You must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary, or other election in which you want to vote); not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction; not currently be judged incompetent by order of a court of competent judicial authority; not claim the right to vote elsewhere.

To register in California you must: be a citizen of the United States; be a resident of California; be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next election; not be imprisoned or on parole for the conviction of a felony; not currently be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law.

IF YOU DON'T VOTE, DON'T BITCH! (that is my part of the Public Service Announcment)

By dave. on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:22 pm:

bullshit. in fact, quite the contrary. if you vote, don't bitch.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:25 pm:

"IF YOU DON'T VOTE, DON'T BITCH!"

I dont buy that. perhaps in a local bond measure to build a bridge or drain a lake.

But in terms of canidates, its possible you don't agree to the entire fucked 2 party system. The system pretty much ensure yours 3rd party vote is useless. So I have come to the conclusion that you can bitch regardless.

By Texan on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:39 pm:

that's trouble with you yunguns today, always whinin and carryin on, but no brains about them to do anythin bout it, you know whutz i do with my lame horse, doncha?

By spunky on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

OK, Now I am pissed:

From the Kansas City Star:
    Missouri Democrats are mum on whether they would try to delay the seating of Jim Talent in the U.S. Senate if he defeats Sen. Jean Carnahan.

Carnahan is subject to immediate replacement because she was appointed to the seat.

There is speculation in Washington that Gov. Bob Holden, a Democrat, would hold off certifying Talent's election Nov. 5 because it immediately would shift control of the Senate to Republicans by one seat -- at least until the new Senate is sworn in in January.

Holden and Secretary of State Matt Blunt, a Republican, need to sign a certification for submission to the president of the Senate, according to federal law.

"I think Senator Carnahan will be elected," Holden said. "If she's not, we'll get our attorneys (together) to see what appropriate action should be taken. We will move as expeditiously as we can with the facts that we have."

IDIOT, The man that was elected in November of 2000 WAS IN A GRAVE, DEAD!

And as far as you go, you ARE NOT THE LEGITIMATE GOVERNOR! The only reason you won IS BECAUSE YOUR JUDGE IN SAINT LOUIS ORDERED the polls to stay open later because the blacks had not gotten there at 7 am to vote! As soon as the MO Supreme Court caught wind of it, they ordered the polls closed immeditiately.
    Did anyone challenge you? No.
    Why? That would seem unseemly.

THIS SHIT WILL NEVER STOP.
    It started in Florida in 2000, and it is spreading like wild fire this year!

By patrick on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 05:55 pm:

this is so, like, unimportant.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 06:56 pm:

Thus proclaimeth Valley Dude.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 06:57 pm:

Speaking of Valley Dudes, are you SoCal'ers Angels or Dodgers fans? And who do you want in the Series?

By patrick on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

its divided. More so in south LA and Orange Country are they Angels fans.

Up here in LA proper they are Dodger fans.

For the most part I could careless who wins. I despise anything Anaheim (aka Disney) and the Giants dont inspire me.

I turned off the world series when Atlanta and the Yankees got bumped.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

besides, hockey is on, fuck baseball.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 07:40 pm:

Bonds is a fucking loafer. I watched the pregame intros last night, and everybody else ran out onto the field when their names were called. Bonds walked out like he was fucking royalty. Then Kennedy hit a screamer down the left field line which fell in for a ground-rule double. Bonds jogged over towards it -- any other fielder would've dove (dived?) for it and probaby have caught it. I also hate the way when he drills a homer he drops the bat and watches it like it was foregone conclusion. Yeah, he's a great hitter, but I don't have to like him.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 07:43 pm:

My sister went to that Bluejackets game where they had like the most penalty minutes ever given, and SRO in the penalty boxes. She said it was a hoot.

By spunky on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:44 am:

"this is so, like, unimportant."
    Then neither is this:
    The IRS has released the FY 2000 data for individual income tax returns.
    It reflected that half of Americans with the highest incomes paid 96.09% of all income tax.
    Top 5% - 56.47% of all income taxes
    Top 10% - 67.33% of all income taxes
    Top 25% - 84.01% of all income taxes
    Top 50% - 96.09% of all income taxes
    The bottom 50% - 3.91% of all income taxes.

Hmmm,
    Looks like the rich really are getting richer, and the middle class and lower class really do carry most of the tax burden.
    Next this is to see what the avarage income is for each of these segments

By spunky on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

Alright,
    I went to the DNC Website
    and the GOP Website to compare issues.
    GOP's economic section says this:
    The President's Economic Security Agenda
    President Bush believes that economic freedom is the foundation for individual success and prosperity. The President’s economic agenda invests in individuals by:

Creating jobs;
    Expanding opportunities to save and invest;
    Providing a good education; and
    Helping each American own part of the American dream.
    Increases trade to create better jobs and open vast new markets to American products and services;
    Makes tax cuts permanent to spur the business investment that creates new jobs;
    Removes the barriers to job creation for small businesses that hire the majority of new workers in America;
    Reduces unnecessary government spending and regulation to return to budget surpluses and increase private investment;
    Insists on corporate responsibility to bolster consumer and investor confidence and protect workers’ jobs, pensions and retirement;
    Puts in place terrorism insurance provisions that will allow major job-creating construction projects to go forward;
    Implements a comprehensive national energy policy that will create thousands of new American jobs and reduce our dependence on foreign oil; and
    Makes health care more affordable for all Americans.

DNC did not have an issues section, but this is what they had to say about the economy:
    Unemployment up
    Long-term unemployment more than doubled
    Private-sector jobs down
    Weak economic growth
    Corporate scandals costing investors trillions
    Stock market down

But, NO agenda or what they propose to change it.
    All they can do is bitch.
    "that's trouble with you yunguns today, always whinin and carryin on, but no brains about them to do anythin bout it, you know whutz i do with my lame horse, doncha?"

I think the DNC is lame. The republicans are putting forth ideas, and all the dems seem to be able to do is boo the ideas and not propose thier ideas.

And then when the repubs win, the dems run to the courts.

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:23 pm:

i didnt even read that, but i have to ask...both sides are full of ass monkeys. when will you learn this?

you're getting caught up in the trivial nonsensical issues that confuse and cloud your head.

By spunky on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:34 pm:

The point of my post was that the issues are the heart of the matter, but I cannot get a feel of where the DNC stands on issues.
    All they can do is piss an moan about the economy and sell autographed issues of a magazine that says "It's still the economy, stupid" instead of offering an alternative.
    Oh wait, they have offered one.
    Increase goverment spending on subsidies, unemployment and welfare programs, reducing the deficit by raising taxes, and elimating the previous tax cut.

By spunked on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

Oh, and the Top 50% paying 96.09% of all income taxes is not a trivial, non-sensical issue.

I do not think I am in the top 50%, and I doubt anyone here except maybe Nate is, but I do not understand why we never went to a straight percentage anyway.
    That would be fair.

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:41 pm:

the "issues" as THEY define them are not the heart of the matter.

the issues must be determined outside THEIR realm, then reapplied.

Do that, and you see how fucking wack they both are.

You are still caught up in the wheel.

Of course the Dems are going to rail on the economy just like the repubs would if they werent too busy railing on American security, patriotism and self-righteousness ever since 9/11. Both are real issues. Both sides are flawed at how to solve them. Both spin for their own advantage. Half-truths and misconceptions.

really spunk. i won't say much more about this because you can only be led to the water. You are taking the carrot the repubs are hanging in front of you like the stooge they need you to be.

Going to the DNC website to find out where they stand on "issues" is like going to walmart.com to find out where they stand on customer service.

By J on Monday, May 3, 2004 - 08:50 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact