Lucy Phurre???

sorabji.com: Where are you?: Lucy Phurre???
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rather on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 06:43 am:

Lucy,
    Lucy, Lucy... Where are you now? And will I ever see your face or hear your voice again? Sometimes we don't know what we've got till it's gone.

Time flashes by. I see your face framed in my hands and look into your eyes. "I will love you forever," I swore to you then and here I am doing it now from afar. Not knowing where you are. Our lives now so far apart the distance and time fill the corridors of our past with an impenitrable web. No going back.

I know, I know - I was stupid & immature. I think you deserved better from your friends here too. I regret having tried to "domesticate" you. You lived chaotic, but you *L*I*V*E*D*. That's how you were. I wonder if that is still how you are?

It has been soo long since I checked back here, and I was way to busy to read it all and ponder the implications way back when. Now I've finally taken the time to work through most of the posts where things went really wrong. Piecing them together with what I know of our personal life together, I get the sense that you were terrified in a very real way by the intersection of your racial history with percieved threats of violence from those around you. Probably fueld in part by my own Jar-Head Road-Rage Stalkers. As well as the thought of having your life "pinned-down" by me. The last thing I would ever have wanted.

The most beautiful feelings ever put to words, to describe me(!?), lie on a time wrinkled scrap of computer paper. Golden letters on a blue background - glowing. Inscribed on my soul. A poem of radient energy, celebrating the image of a single shaft of sunlight hitting my face as I slept, and the knowlege that we were connected, then and always.

I know that the probability of you ever coming back to look over these boards is about nill, let alone responding here, but I have no other way of contacting you. You know where to find me now. Where I always was. Where you first found me. I will be at the End-Of-Run party with a croquet mallet in hand, trying to figure out a way to cheat, in an inhebriated state, to make the game more fun.

- Rather

By Rather on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 06:57 am:

You've been gone a while I miss you Lucy,
    Long ago I'd wake & kiss you Lucy...
    I don't want no one to diss you Lucy-
    But I got to reminisce you Lucy!

Do you check it anymore dear Lucy...
    Since a long ago flamewar dear Lucy:
    Read: "Hey Rather, hit the door" dear Lucy,
    Posting whereabouts galore, dear Lucy!

Never should of listened then sweet Lucy!
    Wish I could go back to when sweet Lucy!
    This is now and not again sweet Lucy...
    You're not here so why pretend.

By heather on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 04:02 pm:

wow

By droopy on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 04:11 pm:

maybe she'll have a change of heart now that you're back on your meds.

By wisper on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 06:18 pm:

Sometimes i like to type "STALKER" into the search function and just let the memories flood back.
    -----

By Disgusted Lucy on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 -

ALL OF YOU PATHETIC PSEUDOLIBERAL
    BULLSHIT HERD ANIMALS SHOULD BE
    SHOT BEFORE YOU BREED.

------
    ....i uhm, don't think she's coming back.

By agatha on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 09:30 pm:

I think Rather's having a bipolar manic spiral moment.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 12:10 am:

rather lather?

By Antigone on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 12:49 am:

It's Lather's Chinese alter ego.

By Lather on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 04:20 am:

...and multiple personality disorder.

Look, all I was trying to do is leave Lucy Phurre some kind of message to let her know I still care and let her know I would like to contact her. But I even screwed that up.

Lucy_Phurre -
    Please drop me a note (lather_one@yahoo.com) if you ever check these boards again, which I doubt.
    ...and please read what I wrote above. Always,
    -Lather (Rather)

By sarah on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 12:43 pm:

try craigslist

By wisper on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 05:51 pm:

it would still be neat if she did end up emailing him because of this place :D

By jack on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 08:02 pm:

it would be even neater if she showed up and posted some lengthy crazy all-caps rant about why don't rather/lather leave her alone because she just wants her life back, you sheep

By Antigone on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 10:43 pm:

Try SLAC.

By Lather on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 05:05 am:

Just to clarify-
    Antigone, although you hit close enough to spook her, Lucy is not now and never was a SLAC employee.

I would be very happy to see a post from Lucy, and if she tells me to leave off I would drop it.

I hope she doesn't say that.

By Antigone on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:29 am:

Never said employee, but I guess you know more than me, which makes me wonder why you'd want to contact her again in the first place.

Was she really that crazy?

By waffles on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 02:35 pm:

what is SLAC?

By platypus on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 06:30 pm:

When I hear "SLAC", I think of this, but maybe that's just me. I do hang out with a lot of physics nerds, some of whom work/ed at SLAC.

By wisper on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 06:37 pm:

-Was she really that crazy?

you NEED to answer this question, i beg you.

By Antiogne on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 11:20 pm:

Yes, platy, that's the SLAC.

By Lather on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 06:13 am:

Hmm, crazy?

Well... we definitely did a lot of crazy ass shit together. Burning Man '99, hosting that Loscon party in our hotel room, rave parties, all night Goth clubbing, trips to Reno, LA, SF, hitting up all these thrift stores for freaky threads, weird interactions with Russian coke dealers at 4am up in the city, and endless political/social discussions that many times ended up as whacked as the Lucy VS Patrick/Nate/Antigone/+sheep (sorry sheep - it's like "and the rest!" on Gilligan) flame wars here.

Smoking out of a hookah pipe at the smoking bar in a Mediterranean restaurant while these belly-dancers danced above us, reclined back on a pile of pillows...

I remember one time we were at this book signing with Sci-Fi writer Larry Niven & I was getting this book signed, "The Integral Trees". Larry Niven was just staring down Lucy's top the whole time, at her tits... That guy was my favorite author! It was funny.
    She made this spur-of-the-moment costume for our Loscon party out of some ripped black sheer pantyhose (as a "top"!?), a pair of horns, a broom-skirt, some latex, and two George Washington profiles (cut from the center of a dollar bill, as nipple pasties) - she went around to all the other parties, room to room, and brought back anyone she could entice away to get our party kick-started...

That kind of psycho shit helped me focus on how fun life can be, at a time when my life had recently been torn apart. But I was carrying a very heavy burden at the time, supporting a large family from very far away and not being allowed contact with my children.

In the end, I had to let go of everything and free-fall. I spent the next year living with friends, family, in the back of my truck, on a tent in the beach, etc. Working only when someone needed help and I needed money, eating when I had someone to eat with. I went where it seemed like I was supposed to go and did what it seemed like I was supposed to do. [Many cool and life changing experiences skipped over] I applied a lot of what I learned from Lucy, and a desire to leave a positive mark whenever I left, and the result was that somewhere along the way I re-discovered my original self (long dormant).

That is probably why, when I went back on a spur of the moment and re-read the threads here, I started seeing connections between what was happening here and what I was dealing back then with in terms of Lucy and her mental state.

Remember Lucy's "pay phone project" post about the old Hitler Youth guy seeking atonement in the Laundromat? Well there were other incidents like that, all the time. For instance, she traveled by train a lot and she ran into some dude that was lacing his boots up with red laces [an indication of skin-head association according to Lucy], who reportedly made thinly veiled threatening remarks to her. Then one time she went completely nuts on my dad (a gun-toting conservative) when I introduced them and they got into a "discussion" about all this Zionist VS Anti-Semite crap and whatever. Anytime I'd question her political/social statements, I'd find myself quickly backed up in a corner trying to avoid feeding her answers I'd heard my whole life from my Dad, because she would end up kind of threatening me. ...No, not really threatening, but ...hmm. Kind of saying that I was being a threat to her, or my dad was.

Anyway, she did seem to draw weird attention from some kind of fascist elements a bit more than normal. I know she felt it was because she was "very recognizable" as being Jewish (which I didn't agree with). And I know she felt that she drew the same abnormally high anti-Semite or anti-female attention to her posts here. She was also genuinely afraid of Antigone or Nate or someone stalking her down and hurting her, it was not just a pretext to "get the last word". That I know. She was in a complete panic about the stalking issue.

I suppose a lot of that kind of chaos all the time was definitely a contributing factor to us breaking up.

Was she crazy? A bit high-strung at times, maybe. Ok, yes.
    Was I in love with her? Yes.
    Do I love her? Yes.
    Do I miss her? Yes.

Lucy Phurre,
    Please don't be mad if you read this. I gave no personally identifiable information that was not already known here or which could be used to "track you down". Further, I don't really believe anyone here has or ever had any attention of really tracking you down and hurting you. I would like to hear from you, though, if you ever chance to stumble upon this thread in your wanderings. Yours always, Lather.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 10:18 am:

Crazy women can be quite spellbinding, especially if they have great tits.

But it's best to leave them in your memory.

p.s. You write well.

By semillama on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 01:27 pm:

I think that if sorabji is your best hope for finding her, then you're probably not going to find her. I just can' imagine someone who went that apeshit here would ever come back.

By kazu on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 02:52 pm:

"Was she crazy? A bit high-strung at times, maybe. Ok, yes"

and...

"he was also genuinely afraid of Antigone or Nate or someone
    stalking her down and hurting her"

me thinks she's locked up somewhere.

By heather on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 03:07 pm:

i'm sorry to say that it sounds like, at least at that time, she was having serious mental issues

NO ONE here would even wish a small harm to her

By patrick on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 03:15 pm:

um yeah. paranoid. delusional. i mean, you're validating the geniune fear she had of being stalked by indirect and offhanded remarks made by people here because they could see her IP address? Thats not normal.

By Lather on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 04:44 pm:

Hey Patrick,

Look, sorry for the name-calling, ok?
    That was outta line and I apologize.

No, I don't think I'm "validating" her fear, delusional or not. I merely acknowledge it. Believe me, we fought over this one. I felt like she was driving all of us away. I told her that.

I am sad that her fear drove her to forsake her friends here.

...and yes, Anti- *ESPECIALLY* if she has nice tits! :p

By patrick on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 05:07 pm:

name calling? whatever. i dont harbor any emotion from the sillyness back then.

well, i say validating in the sense that you say she actually had a genuine fear. not that you supported it or anything but that she was actually afraid, which is just insane.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 08:53 pm:

Actually, I think that if she was still afraid of stalking, your appearance here would freak her out, Lather. I mean, you are lurking around waiting for her to come back. :)

By Lather on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 09:41 pm:

Well, if she knew it was me, she would not be afraid. I have never given her any cause. And that is one of the reasons I've expressed so many details here, to make clear that I am really me. :)

Hopefully if she did ever come back here she would be glad to see that she has been missed, and fondly remembered.

As far as lurking, I am just enjoying the conversation here, and besides, isn't lurking when someone *DOESN'T* post???

I've been posting openly - I've nothing to hide.
    Cheers.

By wisper on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 10:42 pm:

thank you for your detailed and honest account, Lather :D

we've gone years never knowing wtf was up with her, if she really meant the stalker stuff or if she was just playing around to annoy us.

By Antigone on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 06:09 pm:

Lather, everything you describe about Lucy is classic violent paranoid delusional behavior. Seeing threats everywhere, talking about hitting first before "they have a chance to get me."

Like here:
    "...she would end up kind of threatening me. ...No, not really threatening, but ...hmm. Kind of saying that I was being a threat to her, or my dad was."

Practically textbook behavior.

Anyway, that's what I was a bit worried about back when she was posting all crazy like, especially when she talked about purchasing a gun in that context.

Question for you: was she ever physically abusive? (Regardless of whether she hurt you or not. Did she ever try?)

By Spider on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 07:14 pm:

Whoa, this is a blast from the past.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 10:41 pm:

even i get interested in the past, especially the psychotic past. good to see you all still have your sanity.

By V on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 12:19 am:

...v happens to love a war,I am up for it any night.Want some?You sound to me like some prick that wants to make fun of Sorabjis.No fucking problem Daniel ssss,each night you post,v will fuck you over,you have some fucking problem with that?.....look the shit you posted is an insult to any person on line,are you so stupid as to not understand that?....and look,cunt,are you on drugs?

By Antigone on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 01:16 am:

Hey, look! It's V, the psychotic present! :)

By Libel Lawyer for Sorabji on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 02:50 pm:

It is unlikely that "v" will ever fit in here. He/She/It is always butting in on conversations, shows no respects to elder, and has his/her/its head up its ass. Hey wait a minute, may be there is a chance. I do miss Lucy. She was REAL.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 02:52 pm:

sounds like everyone's normal again. try searching for shithead, v

By Lather on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 03:50 pm:

Gee, thanks V, thanks Daniel ssss, for all your helpful and intelligent input, spot on the subject!

Wisper, you're most welcome. Even though I never really got to know all of you very well, I still missed you. It has been fun re-living some of my treasured past with you. I know none of you ever meant to harm her, and I know she would never have tried to hurt any of you.

Anti - No. She never got physically violent with me. It was just a major pressure to try to calm and re-assure her each time a new encounter or post sent her off into that chaotic fearful place where any negative comment was taken as a physical threat.

You wondered why I would want to contact her again in the first place? Well I hope that you can understand from what I wrote, that Lucy was a very important part of my life... and no one is perfect. I miss her. I really do. I think she is missed here too. She was bright and vibrant and alive. She brought me back to life and tought me to live.

I don't think she will be back, but I feel better having gotten this off my chest - and who knows? Maybe she does eventually read this and has a change of heart... C'mon baby-doll, let's cheat at croquet! :>

Meet me at the End-Of-Run party, or at least email me: lather_one@yahoo.com

By semillama on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 02:58 pm:

well, if she does ever read this, dude, then maybe that means she's cleaned up enough mental baggage to be someone that is healthy to be around.

I still think that if you can't find her through a google search, then your options are limited. You could always hire a private detective.

Of course, if she hasn't gotten through her personal demons yet, hiring a PD is probably not going to be a positive thing...

By Lather on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 03:59 pm:

Yeah, well... I just get a strong visual of Ben Stiller hiring Matt Dameon in "Something about Mary". Matt & Ben are all, "You knocked her up, didn't ya?", "No!"; "You want her killed, don't ya?", "No!!"; etc. Then, "So you're tellin me this is a straight STALKER case!?", "Look, I'm NOT a stalker!!!"

Nooo, I've pretty much said my piece here, and like Wisper said, it would be neat if she did end up emailing me because of this place.

I've left my email address, and as you indicated: if she ever did stop in here again it would be a pretty good indication of Lucy having gotten her head straight & faced down those demons.

So, if someday she does drop me an email note because of these posts, it will come as a welcome and pleasant surprise.

You boyz & girlz take care now, and thanks for your help, input, and insight. Cheers!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact