madison, wisconsin

sorabji.com: Where are you?: madison, wisconsin
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 08:21 pm:

do we have any sorabjiites in madison?

we're going there on thursday.

i'm standing up my oldest, bestest friend's wedding.

don't get me wrong, i love my bestest oldest friend. and even though this is her first marriage, i am getting too old for this shit. the dress, the shoes, the fuss.

having said that, i always cry at weddings. i love weddings, actually, i just don't want to BE in any more weddings. if have to say "No" to someone from here on out, i will.

for the record, this will make the 3rd i've stood up in this year, having attended 5 altogether so far, and being invited to a total of 9 weddings in 2006.

anyway, i'm going to madison. i've heard it's a cool place. the weather will be kinda cold and kinda cloudy. wonder who is there and what fun things there are to see and do.

By semillama on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 08:52 pm:

There are great Nepalese and Indian restaurants there. I think
    there's an Afghani restaurant as well that is supposed to be
    fantasitc, but I am not quite certain I got teh ethnicity right on that
    one.

By eri on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 10:59 pm:

Although I am travelling in the general vicinity this week, I'm afraid I won't be making it to Madison.

I'm going to be stuck in Apple Valley, Minnesota, apparently near Eagan? Not really sure. Supposedly really close to St. Paul.

I'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday and part of Thursday, but that is all for my Aunt's funeral.

Is it my imagination or is my family dropping like flies this year? First Jim, then Punkin (OK, he's a cat, but he's been around for 20 years), then Peter, and now Chris? And not a one of them made it to their 60th birthdays.....

Should I wig?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 11:55 pm:

Sarah, I had 6 funeral within 4 weeks. Most of them are My ex wife's side .

By agatha on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 02:08 pm:

Sarah, did you need a list of shoes?

Just kidding.

By sarah on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 06:32 pm:

actually, the shoes are awesome this time. they're not very practical, as in, they are strappy sandals with a pretty high heel. and since it's going to be high of 65 and low of... fuck... something like 48? well, my toes will be blue and sad and cold.

but the shoes will look great.

and the shoes for the last wedding were awesome too. i sometimes wear them out or to work. the dress wasn't so bad after all either. it was as peachy as i'd feared.

i need to tell you some time about the massive clothes swap we had at my house a couple weeks ago... i could totally see you doing something like that.

By sarah on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 06:53 pm:

and you wanna know what else?

it's getting to be such a fuckin hassle to go on vacation anymore - especially for this kind of thing. garment bags, cold weather clothes, evening wear, dog sitters, house sitters, hair cuts, pedicures, rides to and from the airport, car rentals, etc etc.

all these stupid details.

By agatha on Tuesday, October 3, 2006 - 02:44 am:

When are you going to post pictures of the peachy ensemble? I wish I had such hassles, Sara. I know it's weddings and all, but at least you're getting to travel.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 4, 2006 - 05:00 pm:

i hear ya, agatha. i'm not trying to be whiny about going on vacation. it is, after all, a vacation. i'll be away from work tasks, house tasks, dog tasks, tasks tasks tasks.

it just feels like my head is going to explode with all the details of things that need to occur before we actually get to go on vacation.

it doesn't even help when i write it all down. i mean, it eases my mind a little, but it doesn't actually reduce the amount of things that have to get done.

i picked up the dress yesterday. they were like, "You like try on?" and i'm like, "Nope." they looked at each other as if to say, Who is this crazy bitch that doesn't want to try on the dress? but i had it altered, i've tried the fucking thing on like 5 times. enough already. give me the fucking dress and get me the fuck out of wedding hell store.

the end.

i need a beer!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact