Hannibal

sorabji.com: Last book you read: Hannibal
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 18, 1999 - 10:30 am:

I really really liked "The Silence of the Lambs." It contains one of my favorite sentences, that I should have posted somewhere else: "He took a sip of her pain and found it exquisite."

So I was psyched when T. Harris' next book was going to be published. Now that I've read it, I want to know: what the hell is up with the ending?!

By J on Friday, June 18, 1999 - 11:43 am:

Don,t want to know the ending,am sorry now that I was too cheap to let my man buy me the hardcover.Did you read the Red Dragon?

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 18, 1999 - 11:37 pm:

Yes. It was very very good, too. I think Red Dragon and Silence are on the same level, and then Hannibal is of lesser-quality, but still good, in a way.

I can't tell you the ending (and I'm not trying to tease you) because you have to read it to believe it.

By J on Saturday, June 19, 1999 - 11:19 am:

Thanks,I can,t wait.I also like to read non-fiction crime stories,which is why I,m sooo paranoid.Ann Rule is one of my favorites.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, June 19, 1999 - 12:05 pm:

She knew Ted Bundy, didn't she? That makes everything she writes automatically frightening.

By J on Saturday, June 19, 1999 - 12:31 pm:

Yea,she wrote A Stranger Beside Me,check it out.I just a book she wrote that I actually missed for only a dollar,it,s called The End Of The Dream,I can,t wait to read it.

By J on Saturday, June 19, 1999 - 12:32 pm:

just got a book

By J on Wednesday, July 14, 1999 - 09:11 pm:

Rhiannon,I read it,I agree with you,I was kinda disapointed at the end.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, July 14, 1999 - 10:42 pm:

I was way disappointed at the end. But kinda glad too. But more disappointed. Like, that kind of ending only belongs in wild fantasy ("what if...Clarice and Dr. Lechter....naaahhh"), not as the ACTUAL ENDING! What was wrong with the author that he thought he could do that?

By J on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 02:29 pm:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

By Rhiannon on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 03:07 pm:

God, that sucks. What happened to True Art?

you know, on the list of message boards, under the
    "Is It Art?" title, it says "this question seems
    to come up often around here" or something like
    that, and I never believed it. But now I do. It
    seems to be popping up all the time.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact