The End of a Dream

sorabji.com: Last book you read: The End of a Dream
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Monday, October 4, 1999 - 04:53 pm:

I ,m in love with a dead man,he was the Hollywood Bank Robber,he robbed banks in Washington,and he was good.He was so handsome and smart,I wish he hadn,t blown his brains out.He had the most awsome 3-story treehouse.I never dream,but I dreamed about him Sat.night,I hope he,s in heaven,he wasn,t really bad.Why am I attracted to dangerous men? Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold.outlaws touch ladies deep down in their souls.

By Gee on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 03:29 am:

When I was a teenager, I had a few dreams about this tall built white guy with really dark black hair, who would always a wear light blue (silk?) shirt. He was beautiful. I thought I would meet him someday.

By J on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 11:08 am:

Maybe you will someday Gee,sometimes I,ve met people that I just know I knew before,that Scott Scurlock,we will hook-up in one life or another.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 11:55 am:

do you watch Ally McBeal Gee?

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 12:27 pm:

When I was little I had a crush on Jesse James. Bank robbers are so exciting!

By J on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 03:06 pm:

Next time you are at a bookstore check out the book,look at his pictures.Oh,God help me I read his parents lived in Sedona,AZ,I tried to find their phone number,it must be unlisted.Last time I was in Sedona,Amee and I were asked to leave a new age gift shop,when we were pawing at a giant crystal "Can you feel the power"? I asked her."Yes,oh yes,I feel it,I,ve got the power,the force is in me now"!!Amee said, Heather acted like she did,t know us.I guess you had to be there,after Amee and I got the boot,we had to wait outside while Heather took her time shopping.There were booths set up outside the shop,a phsycic fair they were having, we made fun of them too,then e went swimming in Oak Creek Canyon.

By Gee on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 01:16 am:

Is that a serious question, Waffle? Cuz no, I don't watch it. I've seen some episodes, but I don't watch it every week. I like to watch "Golden Girls" at nine o'clock. I used to watch that show in it's original run, and I always thought it was a hoot. Now I watch the reruns and I'm Getting all these "adult" jokes that used to go right over my head. It's kind of neat. It's like I'm watching the show for the first time all over again.

I've seen enough of Ally to know that that black dude she went out with for a little while is now on Law & Order. He's the new guy. I already like him much much more than the old new guy who replaced Logan. I hated that new guy. The new new guy is pretty darn neat.

I'm on a rant. Did they ever say for Sure whether Clair was dead or not? Because after she died everyone was like "Oh, I'm so sorry, Jack, you must feel awful" and Lennie was all broken up and everything. I thought she was dead. But I just read that they were thinking of bringing her character back for an episode, so I guess not. What a rip-off. Though I'm glad. I liked her.

Oh, and I hate that bald dude who used to be on L&O and is now on the spin-off. I thought I'd finally gotten rid of him, and they had to keep bringing him back for guest spots, and now he's back every week!! ARRRGGHHHH!! I don't like him!! Why can't they beef up Munch's role? Man, am I ever on a rant! I'll stop now.

By A on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:03 am:

dearJ,
    what makes you love scott scurlock?

By Italy on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 02:42 pm:

Scott scurlock is the man, i only wish i had the chance to meet him.

By J on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 03:51 pm:

Besides the fact that he was hot,I just admired the way he operated.Oh,and I might have seen a nude picture of him....

By Budgie on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:23 pm:

I can't understand you people. I thought that someone who would be so selfish, and risked the lives of others- while using the power of manipulation to control supposed friends to get them to do exactly what he wanted them to do-would make you all repulsed. I think you need to visit some sociopathic and/ or psychopathic criminals to see exactly what they're really like. They use their 'charm' to manipulate people, like yourselves, and identify other peoples' weaknesses to use to their own advantage. Don't be so naive. Scott Scurlock cared only for Scott Scurlock. I would not be surprised if had Bi-Polar disorder-preventing him from getting close to anyone, and making sure that he came first...Greed is not attractive.

By semilama on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 10:49 am:

Neither is self-inflating sanctimonious judgement of the whimsies of others.

You might want to write that down.

By Keith on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 04:22 pm:

I went to Junior High School with Scott Scurlock. Even though we were not in the same math class I saw him all the time. I believe he was in Mr. House's math class. Anyway it was 1968 that I remember him.I found out that he was this bank robber in Seattle through a friend who was talking about him one night. Then I saw Scott's bank robbery story on some documentary one night. I suppose that instead of knowing somebody who was famous it was somebody who was infamous.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact