The Book of Worst Questions, by Smith and Doe

sorabji.com: Last book you read: The Book of Worst Questions, by Smith and Doe
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 12:58 pm:

While driving home from work this am,my perverse, favorite radio guys shared some interesting info from the above book.

"If you could become unbelievedly wealthy,[Bill Gates wealthy]would you be willing to give up permanent control of your bowels,having to wear adult diapers for the rest of your life?"

60% said yes

"For one million dollars,would you stand at the side of your parents bed,with the light on,and watch them make love?"

40% said yes
    part 2 of above question:
    "For an extra $250,000.00,would you masterbate while watching your parents?"

another 60% said yes

For women:
    "Would you be willing to have your vagina permanently sutured up,to have movie star beauty of a 24 year old for 200 years,and then die peacefully in your sleep?"

60% said yes

for both sexes:
    "Would you be willing to have your parents die a hidiously painful death at 55 years of age if you could live for 500 years as an extremely gourgeous person?"

40% said yes

For men:
    "Would you be willing in a dark movie theater, to fondle your sisters breast for $10,000.00?[you would be able to tell her why you were doing it]"

60% said yes

For women:
    "Would you be willing in a dark movie theater to fondle your brothers penis for $10,000.00?[you could tell him why you were doing it]"

3% said yes

I thought this was interesting----

The above question,but the amount raised to $20,000.00 if you fondled him to erection.

6% said yes------ummm-----was it the increase in money,or the added bonus of erection?

"For $250,000.00 would you be willing to impregnate,or be impregnated by your 1st cousin?"

30% said yes

For women:
    "Would you be willing to have your s/o kidnapped, then returned to you unharmed with a penis enlargement?"

70% said yes

By J on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

60% of the woman would have their vaginas sewed shut.What would be the point of being beautiful if you can,t have sex? Was this survey taken in a mental hospital or are there really that many people out there so shallow?

By Czarina on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 01:39 pm:

I agree.But I think there probably are an awful lot of extremely shallow people out there.
    Money or no,I prefer to control my bowels.

By J on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

I would rather die than touch my brother,I,d kill him if he touched me.ugh just the thought of that makes me sick,the creep tried to frenh kiss me once and he got my knee in his nuts and a slapping.

By semillama on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 07:13 pm:

I've got that book, except I think it's called the Book of Horrible Questions. It's fucking hysterical. I whipped out right after i got stoned with my friends and read to them. I was trying to get someone to wet themselves.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

Ask us something!

By semillama on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:00 pm:

when I get home, I will. Then I can compare the percentages from us to the ones in the book, should be scary.

By Gee on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 02:24 am:

aren't you home yet?

By Rhiannon on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 02:33 pm:

Ha^6

(is that right?)

Since I'm here, I'm going to tell you about the nightmare I had last night.

I was walking with my father and brother along a train-track that was choked with overgrown weeds and brambles and things of that nature. We were walking in order to meet my mother, who was waiting for us at a nearby farmhouse. We get to the farmhouse and I notice that my left sleeve is full of thorns (on the inside, against my arm). My arm starts itching and so I rotate my hand back and forth, turning my arm in my sleeve, effectively scratching the itches.

Soon my doctor-uncle meets us at the farmhouse. By this time, my arm is itching like a bastard and I am desperately trying to scratch it using the thorns in my shirt. My uncle asks to take a look at my arm and there are hundreds of bugs and spiders crawling in and out of my pores.

Oh, God.

Somehow, I can see microscopically now. I can see the little creatures ducking behind the hairs on my arm as they try to hide from view. I panic and scream and shake my arm frantically. My uncle grabs my arm, whips out a pair of tweezers, and starts plucking the bugs off one by one.

Things calm down considerably, except now I notice that I don't have my shirt on anymore. I half-assedly attempt to cover myself from my uncle's gaze, and I fail, and I am not disturbed in the least by this.

Thank God I wake up at this point.

I was impressed by the dream, in a way. It managed to disgust me on two levels. I haven't had a dream like that in a while.

Semillama, please ask away when you get the chance. I want to learn horrifying things about other people now.

By semillama on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

If you want to remain anonymous, you can email me with your response, and I promise i want tell anyone what you answered. Unless the bribe is sweet enough.

A selection:

Horrible Questions:

Some of these have monetary rewards for the despicable act you must perform. The amount, of course, increases with the vileness of the act. For the ones with dollar amounts in front, answer yes or no. Really consider these, people. Try to answer as if you would actually get the money.

1. $150,000: Your pet dies peacefully in its sleep tonight.

2. $300,000: Your pet will die painfully tonight.

3. $1,000,000: You must toss your pet offa 20th-story balcony.

4. $1,500,000: You must be standing at the bottom of the building and watch as your pet hits the pavement.

5. $250: Pick up your dog's/cat's shit with your bare hands.

6. $500: same as above, but you must squeeze it as hard as you can.

7. $5,000: Same as above, but you must wipe a generous helping of it on your nose and leave it there for an hour.

8.$10,000: Same as above, but you must spend the hour having dinner in a crowded restaurant.

9.$50,000: Same as above, but you must then complain to the waiter that your food tastes like dog/cat shit..

10. $10,000,000: Put a litter of puppies or kittens in a trash compactor, take a picture of yourself with their mangled little bodies, then send it to your local newspaper.

Enough Money to last you forever:
    11. MEN: $5,000,000 - chew on your mother's used tampon for 3 minutes.

12. WOMEN: $10,000,000 - Drink the content's of your father's used condom.

Sex Related (both sexes must reply)

13:$100,000: Give Rush Limbaugh a blow job (no swallowing required).

14: $250,000: same as above, but he has a reddish sore on his penis.

15. $50,000: Perform oral sex on Rosanne Barr at her fattest, after s he has spent 3 days working out and hasn't showered.

16: $75,000: same as above, except she has a yeast infection.
    17. $100,000: Same as above, except she also has crabs.

18. $1,500,000: Same as above, except that besides the yeast infection and crabs, she's also having the heaviest period of her life (Known as the Combination Plate).

By Snort on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 04:21 pm:

must of been some good meth huh?

By Rhiannon on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

Oh, my.

Why is #18 worth less than #11? I think we should be paid for just thinking about #18.

I'm a baby. YES to #5 and #6 (provided I have no open wounds on my hands, and there's a sink nearby), NO to all the others.

Grand total: $750

By semillama on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 06:37 pm:

Think harder about #11.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 06:51 pm:

So what if it's your mother's? That doesn't make it taste any different. And it would surely taste better than...ew, I just made myself gag.

By heather on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 08:13 pm:

do 1 and 2 assume that you are doing the killing?

and does it hold if your pet is a goldfish? what about dropping a bird off of a building?

5 yes
    6 yes
    7 maybe
    8 if i decide to do 7...
    if you're gonna do 8, than you might as well do 9

10 god no

12 10 million dollars? just reading it makes me want to vomit- but that's where i can from- weird.
    13 no
    14 no way
    i need to stop trying to answer these now.

and i might feel differently if i needed the money.

By semillama on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 09:59 pm:

1 and 2: no, they die on their own, but it is somehow linked to your recieving the money. The questions assume you have an attachment to the animal (originally they said dog/cat, but I didn't want anyone to be left out), and that they can't fly. And who doesn't need a few extra thousand dollars? Pay your way through school, get that BMW...a new cat. (just kidding)

Once I get a few more responses, I'll post the %'s in the book and the Sorabji %.

By Isolde on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 10:33 pm:

5 and 6--sure, as long as I don't have open wounds on my hands.
    7-9--as long as I did 5 and 6, I might as well.
    Everything else:
    NO!

By JusMiceElf on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

Shoot, I've worked in day care, I've worked in direct care with kids who intentionally soiled themselves, I've cleaned out showers and broken up turds so they'd fit down the toilet (Imagine an eight year old kid producing something big enough to clog the john....), that said, 5 and 6 are no brainers. And with my current level of congestion, 7 should be alright too. Beyond that? I'd sooner peddle my ass on the streetcorner.

By semillama on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 12:19 am:

for jusmiceElf:

$5,000:You walk into a room and there is a nude man with a bag over his head. To recieve the money, you must walk over to him, lick the sweaty underside of his scrotum three times, and then you may collect your money and leave.

By BK on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 12:52 am:

1 to 6 Yes 7 to 18 No.

Except if it was payment in cash and the cash was right in front of me. Then I would have to think about it. Except the Rosanne Bar ones, absolutly defenitly NO.

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 01:33 am:

Semi, is it a paper bag, or a gunny sack? Or a plastic dry cleaning "not a toy" bag?

I'd have to pass. I don't need five grand that badly.

By Gee on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 03:10 am:

5 and 6 yes, I'm washable. no to everything else. I was tempted for a few of them, but I don't think I could go through with them.

By semillama on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 02:37 pm:

What does it matter the kind of bag, when you are licking a nutsack?

I have six responses. I am waiting to see if Nate, Patrick, swine and some of the other folks will weigh in.

By agatha on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

i would probably lick the scrotum, too, as long as i didn't have to see the man's face or have contact with him ever again. it's just skin, after all.

i would probably chew my mom's tampon, it's only blood and uterine tissue. i would not drink semen from my father. i can't even imagine.

By semillama on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 12:09 am:

Ok, as it stands, here are the stats:
    6 sorabjiites responded (BIG disappointment...).
    Of these, 17% answered yes to questions 1-4, 100% answered yes to 5 and 6, 50% to 7, 33% to 8 and 9, and 0% to 10 through 18.

Smith and Doe had a better statistical sample of 813. Their percentages were:

1. 58%
    2. 40%
    3. 29%
    4. 38%
    5. 65%
    6. 66%
    7. 50%
    8. 42%
    9. 54%
    10. 26%
    11. 50%
    12. 3%
    13. 24%
    14. 14%
    15. 38%
    16. 23%
    17. 17%
    18. 26%

Remember, those were some the tamer questions.

What have we learned? If there is a Sorabji fest, under no circumstances should you SHAKE ANYBODY'S HAND.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact