Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

sorabji.com: Last book you read: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 01:43 pm:

i'm not even on the third chapter yet, but it is wonderful so far and two things are already very apparent
    1) i can't belive this is a true story, it's so well done
    2) i want to go to Savannah. Nay, i need to go to Savannah. Today. Right now. Take me to Savannah.

By patrick on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 01:46 pm:

Savannah is beautiful.

its famous for its town squares. every other block is a town square.there is also a local legendary naked man on a bike who rides through the squares. he supposedly makes and sells fishing line.

its a lovely southern river town.

By Spider on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

What's Atlanta like?

By patrick on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:15 pm:

atlanta is a bustling town.

job wise, its a fairly rich and plentiful market.

its no where near the cost of dc, in terms of housing.

music scene wise, its pretty rich.

i would adivse living within the perimeter (I-285). outside the perimeter could spell disaster in terms of driving. its a suck ass town to drive in. people drive wayyyyy too fast. marta works really well.

there are some really beautiful parts of old downtown.

its a great place, and really doesnt resemble the south once intown.

By Spider on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

hmmmmm.......will need to find new housing next year......i could always go work for solinet.....or would that be unseemly.....hmmmmmmm....

THe first step is getting permission to go there on business. Then I can think about relocating. Yesssss...I have a plan now....

Thanks, Patrick!

By Spider on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:22 pm:

Not that I'm thinking of defecting. In case any spies are reading this.

By Spider on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:22 pm:

Because I'm not.

By patrick on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

By heather on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

on the way to my friend's wedding in georgia [driving from michigan] we listened to that as a book on tape. ha!
    anyway, my friend and i wanted to side trip to savannah but my sister complained her ass off and wouldn't let us. we should have done it anyway.

By agatha on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

i loved that book, too. i heard the movie sucked ass, though.

By Spider on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

I saw the movie. Sucked ass, indeed. It did have Jude Law, John Cusack, and Kevin Spacey in it -- so it had potential! It was like a collection of outtakes, the real movie being something else showing somewhere else.

By Cat on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:23 pm:

Amen Spider. The movie just totally failed to really capture the slightly dream-like mystical feeling of the novel.

The characterisation in the book was about as tasty as you're ever going to get.

By J on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

I'm a crime buff anyway,so I broke down and bought the hard cover version cause I couldn't wait for it to come out in paperback,it was a good read.I couldn't wait for Hannibal either,but it sucked,so now if I really can't wait for a book to come out, I put my name on the waiting list at the library.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact