"Going Postal: a novel" by Stephen Jaramillo

sorabji.com: Last book you read: "Going Postal: a novel" by Stephen Jaramillo
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, March 5, 1998 - 12:13 pm:
    Hysterically funny and well written book. One of the BEST I've read!

By CarrieAnn on Monday, April 27, 1998 - 06:35 pm:
    Not quite sure what it's about.. well, I have a vague idea, but the name alone catches my eye and sounds interesting enough to be worth checking out. :)

By Carl Cephas on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 12:01 pm:
    HI Folks! My name is Carl Cephas. I am an employee at the Library of Congress in
    Washington, D.C. Recently I have been under investigation by officials here because my co-workers saw that I was reading " Going Postal" and thought it was a How-To-Book.
    I was barred from work and placed on 5 days administrative leave pending an investigation. My co-workers also told the Officials that I was an Evil Man and then some.
    The officals dug thru my desk and pulled out my song lyrics (I'm a songwriter and I work in the LC's Music division) and my trading cards. I collect baseball, Star Trek Next Gen, Football,other genre's , and The True-Crime Trading Card series 1-3. They centered on my
    True-Crime cards and claimed I was glorifying killers. I just though I'd drop you all a line
    about BIG BROTHER. They are watching what YOU read.
    -Carl Cephas
    ccep@loc.gov

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 12:15 pm:
    I've read your story Carl, Somehow I think you'll pull out of this one ok.. it may take some time and pain, but in the long run... :-)

Good luck to you!

By N on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 01:41 am:
    you must be the guy i heard about on NPR this morning. i guess that makes yours a cause celebre. sounds like things need shaking up at the LC. good luck. however it may be a good practice not to bring your favorite toys to work.

By Janine on Tuesday, June 30, 1998 - 12:13 pm:
    Going Postal was good. I liked the diversity of the characters. I live in texas and just about everyone of the guys i know are like Brady. It's one of the funniest things I've ever read.
    Janine

By Shane on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 05:14 pm:

I picked up the book on a whim, the Zen method of book buying, ie. stand back and let something speak to you. I felt the book was witty and insightful, but the ending left me feeling a little dissapointed. I got the sense that nothing was truly reconciled. The central philosophical theme was that once he got paid, laid, and found a pink rock on some magic mushrooms everything was just find. Maybe.
    I wanted more. More definitive answers, or at least the sense the author knew just a little bit more than me. Jaramillo took me on an interesting journey to nowhere.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact