THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS...

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Strange on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 06:34 pm:

That's what I'm listening to right now. Gotta love 'em. Tape of Miscellaneos T/Why the Sun Shines/Istanbul/Back to Skull/Varios. Great stuff.

Strange

By Random on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 06:35 pm:

Favorite album?

By Skottey on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 09:42 pm:

I like "They Might Be Giants"

send me a tape of Miscellaneos songs

Scott Schoenherr
    po box 953
    Thonotosassa, Florida

I love 80's music, do you like "talking heads?"
    or "flock of seagulls"

By Skottey on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 09:45 pm:

I like "They Might Be Giants"

send me a tape of Miscellaneos songs

Scott Schoenherr
    po box 953
    Thonotosassa, Florida

I love 80's music, do you like "talking heads?"
    or "flock of seagulls"

By Asia on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 08:47 am:

Miscellaneos Songs--that's *my* favorite they might be giants album!!

By Starchy on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 12:00 pm:

Nah, man... self-titled all the way...

With "Nothing's Gonna Change my Clothes" and "Alientation's for the Rich", how can you go wrong?

By Strange on Monday, September 7, 1998 - 10:57 pm:

Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes is probobly my favorite song by TMBG. I sing it all the time. My personal favorite too is most likley the self-titled. However I must say that all of their albums have a certain alure all their own. Lincoln is a good one too. Their most recent (Factory Showroom) is the same consistent quality... it's hard to decide a specific album but I have always loved the self-titled and always will.

Skottey: Sorry, but I am none but a humble student; or in other words, I would if I could afford it, but I can't. I can barely afford to keep my own bootleg/dub collection going.

If there's one thing I love about THEY though it's their lyrics. I haven't found a single band with lyrics that even compare in quality. Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes, Spiraling Shape, You'll Miss Me, I Should Be Allowed to Think, Stomp Box, Birdhouse In Your Soul, End of the Tour, My Evil Twin... I have a disk filled with their lyrics...

Anyway, I'm just babbling at this point, so I'll shut up now.

Shalom,
    Strange

By FringePopStar on Monday, September 7, 1998 - 11:01 pm:

TMBG is, in my opinion, one of the few good musical things to come out of the eighties.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact