I'm so psyched!

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: I'm so psyched!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Wednesday, April 14, 1999 - 08:05 pm:

In 22 hours, I will be at the Pontiac in Philly watching my two favorite bands (aagghhh! I'm so excited!!) performing together. It's one band short of my dream lineup, but that's damned close enough!

*sigh* Firewater and Girls Against Boys! God, my knees are trembling in anticipation. I'm going with my brother, so I hope I don't make a fool out of myself in front of him, but it's gonna be soooo goooood!!

By Spider on Friday, April 16, 1999 - 12:05 am:

Not that anyone cares, but I returned from said show about 1 1/2 hours ago, and my world was thoroughly rocked. And I stood _behind_ my brother, so I danced as hard as i wanted to.

Got some serious frottage from the human (guy? girl? I was afraid to look!) behind me, but other than that, it was one hell of a kick-ass show.

Yep.

By Lucy Phurre on Sunday, April 18, 1999 - 03:16 pm:

I had a similar experience at the Blue Oyster Cult show in Palo Alto. I was prepared for good music, but what blew me away was the level of virtuosity. The whole thing was kind of structured like a jazz show and the players had the skill to warrant that structure.
    Anyhoo, some of the people there had been going to BOC shows since before I was born and it was my first BOC show but the crowds were way meaner than at Sisters of Mercy or industrial bands or anything like that.
    P.S. I realize I'm probably the only person in the world who likes BOC, but so be it. I like 'em.

By on Sunday, April 18, 1999 - 03:40 pm:

call me stupid...what's frottage?

By Heather on Sunday, April 18, 1999 - 03:52 pm:

Lucy didn't post that (might very well know what frottage is,) I did.

Been eavesdropping for days.

By Spider on Sunday, April 18, 1999 - 07:38 pm:

Frottage is when a stranger rubs up against you (er, rather, when a person rubs up against a stranger) for sexual gratification. Whoever was behind me kept touching my hair and my backside. Only, I don't know if it was on purpose or not, since everyone was dancing and the place was really crowded.

A year ago I would have turned around and hit the person, just on principle. But this time I just thought, eh, it's part of the experience.

And what an experience it was! *ssiiiggghhh* The drums were my heartbeat...the basslines sucked the breath out of my lungs...I had to hold on to the ledge against the wall to keep from being knocked over by the ferocity of the music.

And damn, but Tod Ashley's sexy! I always knew the GvsB boys were (how many times have I read "Scott McCloud could talk anybody, male or female, out of their pants without using any visual aids"), but I was pleasantly educated on Thursday about Tod. Who knew arrogance could be so charming?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 07:38 pm:

Ah, memory. That was a good night.

Next week I may be returning to the old Pontiac to see June of 44, but I have to see if my brother's up to it.

The night after the Jo44 show, Botanica is playing. Botanica is Paul Wallfisch's band. Paul plays piano/organ in Firewater. Paul also tries (hopelessly in vain) to sound threatening and cocky when he sings. Someone should tell him there can only be one Tod A. and put his shame to rest.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact