the black crowes??

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: the black crowes??
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sister on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 06:14 pm:

i am trying to find this black crowes song that i KNOW i like, i just can't remember the name... when i start tyring to sing it, i just start singing "feelin' alright!!"

seriously, does any one know the black crowes HITS? i mean, what was there big song a long time ago. sigh. i hate it when this happens

By Sarah on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 07:06 pm:

you've come to the right place. i may be able to help.

Shake Your Money Maker hits:
    Hard To Handle (Otis Redding cover)
    She Talks To Angels
    Jealous Again

Southern Harmony and Musical Companion hits:
    Remedy
    Thorn In My Pride
    Sometimes Salvation
    My Morning Song

Amorica hits:
    Conspiracy
    Sunflower

Three Snakes and One Charm (semi) hits:
    Good Friday
    Share the Ride

By Your Side (yet to be) hit:
    By Your Side

i think you can find sound clips of their songs at amazon.com, if you still can't think of the one.

i hereby confess that the Black Crowes are in the top 10 of my ALL TIME FAVORITE BANDS. those guys are so good at what they do. in fact, i'm considering flying to LA to see them at the Greek in LA on October 18. rock on.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 07:12 pm:

is that singer still a junky?

By Thank you sarah on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 11:17 pm:

thank you, goddess sarah. it was actually that otis redding cover that i was thinking of... but i've downloaded a shitload of black crowes since then and WOW! they are so rockin'! i'm heading to the used cd store tomorrow to pick up some more. thank you a million times!
    love, sister.

By Sarah on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 04:14 pm:

wait til you see these guys live. the lead singer is so skinny he could fit through a harp, but the boy has soul and energy. they've gotten away from the soul rock and are now into just good old fashioned straight up ass kicking rock n roll. good stuff. right now though i'm listening to John Coltrane.

i think the Crowes are pairing up with some other huge-name bands and doing a 120-country live internet broadcast global concert or something like that. there will probably be news about it at rollingstone.com or something. check it out.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 05:44 pm:

yes but is he still a junky? seriously, he had a problem with for a while, my brother was friends with one of the members (who i dunno) and said he was often a wreckloose off stage and even an asshole

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact