New Wave Collection

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: New Wave Collection
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Star on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 08:26 pm:

This cd, is my ultimate favorite, outside of any Tori Amos or Tool. I love it, even though it is from MTV. It has so many great songs, and it makes me happy, and it doesn't tourture me with depressing sappy music. I mean, it has Love Shack on it! and Rock'n'Roll High School by the Ramones, and Rio, and some good ole Culture Club, with the transvestite everyone loves to hate, Boy George! I recomend it to anyone who cranks up some A-Ha! New wave was by far one of the better movements of this past century. So put on your leopard print hush puppies, and purple zipper pants, and haul ass to a store, preferably a used cd store, and buy yourself a copy!

By Tired on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 10:48 pm:

get me a bucket

By patrick on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

pass it over when your done

By Kalliope on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

i bought an old warrant tape at a yard sale the other day.

i've no shame.

SHEEEEES MAHHH CHERRRRY PIE

uherm.

i used to listen to boy george in my dad's jukebox. he and cindi lauper were my favorites.

i should have been a lesbian.

no, really.

By J on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

I loved the Cars,don't hit me:)

By Isolde on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

I adore the Cars, no one is allowed to hit me.

By Dougie on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

Ben Orr just died, the guy who sang that beautiful song "Drive" from the Cars. Yeah, I liked them too.

By Star on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 06:55 pm:

Okay, I am sure, that good old patty and tired ass have grooved to some Devo, or something in their time. Whatever happened to the GOOD people on here? The ones who could have some good taste, or at least half way respect others opinions! Granted, it is a message board, and it is for your opinions, but when they are childish, and it seems like you must have been sitting in a room with an open can of gas for hours and then post, I have no respect.

By patrick on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 07:11 pm:

Devo? sure you bet.

"Love Shack" ? shit at least use the better b-52's songs....you call THAT good taste?

that song and record has to be their biggest embarrasment as musicians....fer chissakes...

A-ha? taste?

Culture Club? taste?

Duran Duran?

lemme guess what other crap is on this cd,
    Oingo Boing? Pet Shop Boys? Flock of Seaguls?

that shit was HARDLY "new wave"

is was mainstream poop er pop.

when i think of new wave i think of Joy Division,
    Siouxise, Cure, The Church, Jesus and Mary Chain, Sisters of Mercy, Smiths, Depeche Mode, Violent Femmes.....

i also think of mopey teens, papa san shoes, long baggy often black clothes, feathered hair, eye liner and painted finger nails..

you know stuff that borderlines punk and goth...

By Gee on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:53 pm:

I remember when Boy George was on an episode of The A-Team. those were the days.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:01 pm:

Surely you are joking. Boy George on the A-Team? I kick myself for missing that.

Anyone notice the sudden resurgence of Mr. T in the media lately?

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:45 pm:

Isn't he a preacher now or something?

When I moved in August, I found my 8th grade diary. I don't want to tell you how much space I devoted to gushing about Depeche Mode and Dave Gahan's voice.

But, you know, I still like Depeche Mode and I will not apologize.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:45 pm:

Isn't he a preacher now or something?

When I moved in August, I found my 8th grade diary. I don't want to tell you how much space I devoted to gushing about Depeche Mode and Dave Gahan's voice.

But, you know, I still like Depeche Mode and I will not apologize.

By Star on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:18 pm:

Okay, the only one of those that you suggested was on there, are actually on there...Flock of Seagulls. Come on, I never claimed for it to be historicaly correct, it is just a good cd! okay, a quick run-through of the artists who ARE on the cd. Duran-Duran, A-Ha, The Cars, Thomas Dolby, Devo, Spandu Ballet, Culture Club, Gary Numan, The B-52's, The Fixx, Howard Jones, A Flock of Seagulls, Modern English, Thompson Twins, The Smiths, Ramones. But come on, you have to give A-Ha some credit for being so one-hit-wonder, and having that bitchin viddy. She Blinded Me With Science!! you can't deny love for such a catchy little tune. At least they didn't put Devo's "hit" on there, they put Freedom of Choice for god's sake! But the guy from flock of seagulls had very revolutionary hair! Granted, good ole MTV could have put the cure on there, but you know how MTV is. Besides, with compilation cd's, it is sometimes hard to have a band, or record label agree on having them placed on a cd, therefore, creating a sort of problem in the VARIETY of artists.

By SkooterLeeRoth on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

Ahem, She Blinded Me with Science is by Thomas Dolby...mmmkay?

By J on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

I thhought A-ha did "take on me",of wich Reel Big Fish does a fine ska version.

By Star on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

Yeah, they did, I guess I was kinda vauge on that one. I just changed the subject so quickly in my head that it came out all strange. That happens a lot.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact