A Rush Of Blood To The Head

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: A Rush Of Blood To The Head
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dougie on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 02:03 pm:

Coldplay's new album. I loved their previous, Parachutes, and this does it one better. It's truly a beautiful album. Go gather up your pennies and plunk em down for this one, kids.

By Spider on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 02:27 pm:

Dougie, did you get chills when you first heard the opening bars of "In My Place"? I did.

HOWEVER, I heard a radio interview with the lead singer guy a few weeks back and they played other songs off the new album, and none lived up to "In My Place"'s grandeur.

Did I spell that right?

By Dougie on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 03:14 pm:

How did you know, Spider? Actually that was the first song I heard from the album because I downloaded some of them before buying the album, and it's probably my favorite, along with God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Amsterdam, but the whole album is great. I doubt any of the songs will get any radio play like Yellow did though.

By Spider on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

I'm hearing "In My Place" around here. Damn fine song. One of the best things on the radio, and a nice respite from the Linkin Park shite that calls itself music.

I've been listening to "Shiver" from Parachutes over and over and over again at work. Love it!

By Dougie on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 10:51 am:

Heard a couple of tunes off Aimee Mann's new cd, Humpty Dumpty and something else. Gonna have to go buy this one.

By Meili on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 01:23 pm:

I've been hearing "Jericho" by the Weekend Players on www.kcrw.org. It's so beautiful and sweet. I miss L.A. so much; I used to listen to KCRW's show "Morning Becomes Eclectic" every day. I've been listening to them on line, but it's not like living there and seeing the sun stream in through your window while listening to great tunes. New York City has no good radio stations, in my opinion.

Based on what you all are saying, I think I'm going to check out the Coldplay new one.

By Dougie on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 01:43 pm:

Try WFUV 90.7

By Meili on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 03:51 pm:

Thanks, Dougie. Is there a good time to listen?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 11:44 am:

i listen to Nic Harcourt everyday too. He responds to my emails almost instantaneously.

By Meili on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:29 pm:

What kinds of things do you email him about, if I may ask?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

I've bitched about his programming, i've inquired about certain songs, and i recently complained about the reflections in on the glass from the production studio during Sonic Youths on-air/simulcast performance.

Why, do you work at kcrw?

By Meili on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

I'm his PR person. Just kidding!!! It made me curious when you mentioned that you've been emailing him.

So, would you consider him a friend?

By Spider on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:49 pm:

Do they sound like friends to you?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:53 pm:

Friend? No. He'd avoid me in public Im sure.

I recently took him to task for the so called "Ecclectic" in his show title "Morning Becomes Ecclectic"

He told me to "relax". I laughed.

By Meili on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

Friends can't complain to each other? Friends can't be honest about their feelings with regard to music programming? And maybe, just maybe, Nic Harcourt really appreciated the email about the glass reflection. I mean, where were his producers in all of this? If you ask me, Patrick is saving his career! Friend indeed!

By Spider on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 02:11 pm:

What aren't you telling us?

By agatha on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 06:32 pm:

eclectic.

sorry.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 06:41 pm:

nerd.

excused.

By agatha on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 07:27 pm:

heh. i can't help it, it's like a verbal tic or something.

By Meili on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 10:54 am:

Why, is your Spidey-sense tingling?

By Spider on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 11:05 am:

Yes. Do you know Nic Harcourt?

By Meili on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 11:10 am:

Yes, I slept with him. Just kidding!!! No, I only listen to his show,...I SWEAR!!!

By Spider on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 11:19 am:

Okay, whatever.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 11:49 am:

you're fucking weird Meili.

No, really. You're stalking Nic arent you?

By Meili on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

Hey guys,...I was just joking around. The whole thing was just silliness. I honestly thought you all would be amused. This website had seemed so playful to me when I was merely reading.

Anyway, you can think I'm weird,..but I'm not the one emailing him all the time. That would be Patrick.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:14 pm:

yep.

total stalker material.

By Spider on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

Amused? Bemused is more like it.

By Meili on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:31 pm:

Well, ok.

Peace.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:36 am:

Aw, now I feel bad. Don't go away.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact